It's official - Polkfest 08...

1181920212224»

Comments

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2008
    when I came down stairs today all I could see in the dark was Dave's white toes curling, heard a soft moan and then the blow up thing exploded............

yea man its PF08.......heard from Hoosier he's almost here, Polk 65 is in town somewhere.

RT1
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited October 2008
    Staying at work late today, probably going to go grab dinner and a movie tonight then getting up around 7 am to get to my friend's house by 8am and then turning on warp drive for the trip to 5601 Metro Drive. Can't wait! Should hit the beltway around 9:15-9:30 AM! Lotsa fun!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • VSchneider
    VSchneider Posts: 443
    edited October 2008
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Have a safe trip everyone! When you guys and gals are gettin your groove on at Polk HQ's Friday morning, i'll be signing my life away to a nice new mortgage!

Oh, c'mon, John, you couldn't have picked another day to do this??:eek:
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2008
    VSchneider wrote: »

yeah, you got the rest of your life to sign it away. :p

Polkfest doesn't come around to often ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited October 2008
    Getting ready to head out the door. Going to pick up the "Gimp" (fireman32) and boogie north! You Hacks!!!!
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited October 2008
    Rich and I are out the door!

Did anyboy pickup Steve?:confused:
    Carl

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2008
    Just walked in the hotel; 8 1/2 hours drive including a couple of quick stops.

I'm going to go visit some friends.See you all later today/tomorrow

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited October 2008
    Have a GREAT time everybody! Sorry I can't be there this year. I was looking forward to it earlier in the year. Hoist one up for me!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited October 2008
    I just heard the sound of many livers screaming in unison.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited October 2008
    Jstas wrote: »
    Staying at work late today, probably going to go grab dinner and a movie tonight then getting up around 7 am to get to my friend's house by 8am and then turning on warp drive for the trip to 5601 Metro Drive. Can't wait! Should hit the beltway around 9:15-9:30 AM! Lotsa fun!

If you're coming down 95, try more for 9:15. May be only 15 or so miles from 95 to the exit for HQ, but you'll be fighting traffic every foot.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2008
    Ok I'm checked in at Pikesville Hilton, nice place like it. :) Freshly remolded so this is a plus for me.

So it's been a week to remember for me, and I wish to comfortably numb right NOW. ;)

PM me if you're around or I need too find a liqueur store soon.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2008
    on the way up now. Russ picked me up and we should be there around 11. Can't wait to see everyone
  • stuwee
    stuwee Posts: 1,508
    edited October 2008
    Have a Great time ya'll, play nice!

AL, get me a rock from the Poe mansion, or even better, John Waters place :D make sure somebody plays The Alan Parsons Project "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" in honor of the season and the Great Mr. Poe :cool::p

Craig
    Thorens TD125MKII, SME3009,Shure V15/ Teac V-8000S, Denon DN-790R cass, Teac 3340 RtR decks, Onix CD2...Sumo Electra Plus pre>SAE A1001 amp>Martin Logan Summit's
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited October 2008
    VSchneider wrote: »

Sorry boys!

Well, once I'm in and finally get the place furnished, I'll invite some local Polkies over for some back deck grillin, 2 channel listening and HT fun!

The basement is fully finished with a half bath. That is my dedicated HT room.

The living room is nothing of the sort. That's the 2 channel He-Man rig room!

Enjoy the 'Fest!

John
    No excuses!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited October 2008
    Loser.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2008
    It's already begun.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited October 2008
    It's been a long night. Arrived in Baltimore and was shaving when a Polkie called me. "Hey Steve how's it going, I'm on the way to the airport." "Good I said, I just arrived in Baltimore". I waited for a ride to the place where we ate and toasted Thursday into Friday. We were heading back to the H hotel when we saw some other Polkies who wanted to party on. Back to TGIF we went and stayed until 2:00. See you at Polkfest.
  • Strong Bad
    edited October 2008
    Note to self...

Load both clips and carry at all times. LOTS of freaks in town!
    No excuses!
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited October 2008
    Off to Work and then the Fest. See you there.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2008
    Where am I?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited October 2008
    So Carl tells me 8AM is still the middle of the night, and we didn't go back to the TGI Fridays with Steve....

What a day yesterday was. Steve (Polk65) called me from the airport yesterday ~12:34PM, looking for a ride. Sure I said! We'll be there in about 6 hours...cause we was still in Monroeville, PA.... When we hit Pikesville around 7PM, we called to find him still at the airport! Brock had joined him. At least we picked them up before they got arrested for pandering.:p:D

Carl and I are looking forward to seeing you folks at Polk HQ today!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Strong Bad
    edited October 2008
    Whoever that was outside in the bushes last night, I heard you giggling and saying something to the effect of..."yeah dude, just do it in the bag, we'll light it and throw it on strongdorks porch! Hee hee hee hee!"

Then I heard.."Oh good gawd, sorry dude! It must have been all the Taco Bell at the airport all coming out at once! We'll try again Friday night. I'll eat something less volatile today. Just hit the shower, it'll all come off!"

Dumbasses!
    No excuses!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2008
    ok. just got out of the shower... ready to hit the street on the way to PF08.

I plan on taking lots of pictures.. if I get time.. i'll upload a few tonight.. and keep everyone up to date.

seee yaaa!
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited October 2008
    Rich, did you bring that puppy back with you to the hotel last night?
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited October 2008
    Polk65 wrote: »
    Rich, did you bring that puppy back with you to the hotel last night?

:eek:The only thing I brought back to the hotel was Carl. Or did he bring me....:confused: I did have a female in my lap during the trip though, and even slept with her Sunday night. Carl's Cat took a liking to me. (And she nibbles on your finger if you stop scratching her ears).:D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited October 2008
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Whoever that was outside in the bushes last night, I heard you giggling and saying something to the effect of..."yeah dude, just do it in the bag, we'll light it and throw it on strongdorks porch! Hee hee hee hee!"

Then I heard.."Oh good gawd, sorry dude! It must have been all the Taco Bell at the airport all coming out at once! We'll try again Friday night. I'll eat something less volatile today. Just hit the shower, it'll all come off!"

Dumbasses!

OMG, :D:D awesome! I haven't laughed that hard in days. :)

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2008
    OK...Polkfest is over. I'm gonna close the thread for now since there are 100 others already being posted. :D

I did my job and herded the cats....even caught Hedy's cat who someone let loose during the Saturday event....how's that for ironic?

Thanks to everyone that participated and came down to have some fun. I had an excellent time with everyone....well, of whom I could recall who they were.
This discussion has been closed.