It's official - Polkfest 08...

Comments

• PolkClyde
    PolkClyde Posts: 661
    edited October 2008
    Where will everyone meet on this date......the next day Polk Headquarters....Right?
    PolkAudioClyde
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited October 2008
    Sorry to say, I am not going to be able to make it this year... To many unexpected expenses to close to PolkFest.... I will keep hoping for next year though.

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited October 2008
    McLoki wrote: »
    Sorry to say, I am not going to be able to make it this year... To many unexpected expenses to close to PolkFest.... I will keep hoping for next year though.

Michael

Sorry to hear that Michael. Perhaps we'll have a local gathering in the near future.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2008
    PolkClyde wrote: »
    Where will everyone meet on this date......the next day Polk Headquarters....Right?

yes meet up at Polk HQ on Friday morning. I"m not sure of the time though. maybe someone will post it.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • VSchneider
    VSchneider Posts: 443
    edited October 2008
    danger boy wrote: »
    yes meet up at Polk HQ on Friday morning. I"m not sure of the time though. maybe someone will post it.

It is 10 AM on the "Info" page.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2008
    I can see Matt Polk pulling into his spot at 9AM, and seeing the tailgate party in his parking lot that's been going on since 7. Just saying.
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 914
    edited October 2008
    George are you going? I'm riding with Joe. Your are way to local to miss this.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2008
    +10 on this!!! I would love to meet you in person George!:)
    Libertyc wrote: »
    George are you going? I'm riding with Joe. Your are way to local to miss this.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2008
    Same here George. Hope you make it out.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2008
    George, don't make me stop in Jersey to get you. :D
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited October 2008
    Hey Mark, if your keeping an eye on this thread, my wife and I will NOT be able to attend, I'm gonna send you a PM as well but something came up that I just can't get out of, my daughters very first band concert in which she has a solo. Really upset I'm not gonna get a chance to meet most of you guys/gals but this is something I have to do. I'm sure there will be plenty of pics for me to cry over but I'm sure you guys will have one hell of a time as always.

Rob
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2008
    I feeling it :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited October 2008
    George has been sequestered to a location away from the wolf pack that is Club Polk.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2008
    I'm not good with crowds.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2008
    Count me out of PF08. Sorry guys, not gonna happen right now.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited October 2008
    Ok, we'll miss you.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2008
    I doubt that, but thanks for the well wishes.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited October 2008
    I'm getting stoked! I'm arriving Thursday evening with Scompracer. Looking forward to seeing all of you soon!

Mark,

Can you give us any info about the plan for Saturday. What time? Directions? Gear on display? Appropriate dress? Are you voting for Obama? How about some detail? We're only 11 days out?:eek:
    Carl

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited October 2008
    Carl, I secured the week and Irene is out of the hospital as of yesterday. It looks like I'll be able to make the trip.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • heiney9
    edited October 2008
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Carl, I secured the week and Irene is out of the hospital as of yesterday. It looks like I'll be able to make the trip.

Great news on both accounts!!
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited October 2008
    Are any of you getting together for an early Thursday evening dinner? I can't make the fest, but would love to meet up with a group of you for dinner.
    No excuses!
  • heiney9
    edited October 2008
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Are any of you getting together for an early Thursday evening dinner? I can't make the fest, but would love to meet up with a group of you for dinner.

My flight lands about 4:30-5:00ish. I'll be hungry, so this is a good possibility. I will be meeting Doug (dkg999) at BWI. He has the hotel room and rental car. I'm sure something can be coordinated.

H9
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2008
    SCompRacer wrote: »

That's great news Rich, I can't wait to see you.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2008
    I look forward in seeing everyone.

Does anyone know if Polk Paul will be there at all? And how about the Polk employee I pushed off the "Edge" last time Ken I think?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2008
    they are hiding from you, although I heard a couple of them might be interested in starring in one of your films.

RT1
  • Fireman32
    edited October 2008
    Possibility I might be out. Blew my knee out on tues evening and can hardly walk. Its my right knee so it depends on what the dr says.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2008
    Damn Dave; what were you doing??? Hope you can make it (and that you get well soon).

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2008
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    Possibility I might be out. Blew my knee out on tues evening and can hardly walk. Its my right knee so it depends on what the dr says.

hey suck it up.. you can't miss PF08!! ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited October 2008
    Get some good pain killers and a wheel chair. We'll push you around :D
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Fireman32
    edited October 2008
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Damn Dave; what were you doing??? Hope you can make it (and that you get well soon).

Believe it or not I was playing kickball. My job formed a league and tues night was the first game. I was in left field and the ball was kicked to me and i was running and throwing the ball at the same time and when my foot came down it twisted and I felt 2 pops in my knee. I went to the ER and they think i tore the miniscus. I have to schedule a MRI to find out the extent of the damage. Its my right knee so making the 5 hour drive next week might be hard. I hope I can make it as well. I will keep everyone posted.
This discussion has been closed.