It's official - Polkfest 08...

Options

Comments

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ok I took thursday off so I will be driving up during the day to avoid the rush hour traffic so if any polkies want to get together thursday let me know.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ok. hotel room booked at the Hilton Hotel :D
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    edited August 2008
    Options
    As of this moment I am out of this one...

I dont know if that will change...

Last few months have been hard on the Sidster...

So, I really can't afford the trip or the time off...

Rock on without me fellas :)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Fireman32
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Trey man whats going on? It wont be the same without you there. If your worried about gas you can ride up with me if you want. If you cant well I hope everything goes ok with whatever you got going on.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    edited August 2008
    Options
    If I can swing it I will...

Ill keep ya up to date, but as of right now I do not see me there...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You have a ride hear as well. Come on dude, you can do this! I'll even let you ride inside the cab......
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • danger boy
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I booked my room at the Pikeville Hilton.. I have a spare bed.. if any Polkie wants to split room costs, lemme know.

The room/bed is for Friday and/or Saturday nights. I arrive really late Thursday night.. so that wouldn't work for sharing a room.. but Friday and Sat are open.

Room has two beds so we don't have to snuggle in one bed.. unless of course you want to. :p:p:p;)

PM, and I'll give you the details.

AL
  • cwhyte
    cwhyte Posts: 27
    edited August 2008
    Options
    How do I sign up? I'm local, Baltimore County.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited August 2008
    Options
    danger boy wrote: »
    Room has two beds so we don't have to snuggle in one bed.. unless of course you want to. :p:p:p;)

Al, that comment right there reduced to zero your chance of getting someone to share the costs...:eek::eek:;)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ^^^ I was thinking the same ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• VSchneider
    VSchneider Posts: 443
    edited August 2008
    Options
    cwhyte wrote: »
    How do I sign up? I'm local, Baltimore County.

Very easy, Chris. Once you make a commitment to attend, Doro adds your name to the official Polkfest INFO sticky page. (There's also this little blood-name-signing ceremony, but that's just a formality, nothing to worry about)

- Val
  • Fireman32
    edited August 2008
    Options
    VSchneider wrote: »
    Very easy, Chris. Once you make a commitment to attend, Doro adds your name to the official Polkfest INFO sticky page. (There's also this little blood-name-signing ceremony, but that's just a formality, nothing to worry about)

- Val

where did i put that dull rusty knife?
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Al, that comment right there reduced to zero your chance of getting someone to share the costs...:eek::eek:;)

why?? I will share with Al, it will be a Reel New experience for him.............

hehehehehehe:eek:

j/k Al, nobody should have to share a room with me.

less than 60 to go.

RT1
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2008
    Options
    VSchneider wrote: »

- Val

We've upgraded to branding attendees with the word Polk on their calves.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited August 2008
    Options
    well I suppose that is a better place than when it went on the cheek.

RT1
  • cwhyte
    cwhyte Posts: 27
    edited August 2008
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    We've upgraded to branding attendees with the word Polk on their calves.

Great, I was worried that it might be a big deal or something. Count me in.
  • danger boy
    edited August 2008
    Options

hey you gotta try. ;)

seriously though... I do have a spare bed if anyone needs a place to stay for PolkFest 08 sharing room and cost.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Decided to fly rather than drive. Can I get an idea of when festivities will start on Friday? Can I fly in that day rather than take Thursday off of work? If there will be a lot going on Friday (all day) then I take the extra day but if things won't really get going until later then I can fly out early Friday morning???

I was going to go back thru this thread, but I don't have time to look at 11-12 pages of posts. I just need an idea. If Friday is an all day thing then I'll leave on Thursday.

Thanks, please post ASAP as I'm booking a flight today or tomorrow.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I don't have the details, but I'm pretty sure that if you get a 6-7 am non stop flight on Friday you won't miss anything.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • heiney9
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I don't have the details, but I'm pretty sure that if you get a 6-7 am non stop flight on Friday you won't miss anything.

Yea, I'm looking at flying out of Chicago at 8:00 and arriving at 11:00. Doug will already be out there (on business w/a rental car) and if he can pick me up at the airport; I don't imagine I'll miss much. I just hate to burn a vacation day just for travel reasons.

H9

P.s. checking to see if can get an earlier flight. But I have to check the bus schedule from Rockford to O'hare as that's how I will get to the airport and that's about 1hr ride. So I just have to get things coordinated. No flights to Baltimore out of the Rockford airport :(
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited August 2008
    Options
    H9 - No problem picking you up on Friday. If you get a flight back on Sunday somewhere close to the same time as mine, then I can drop you off at your place and you won't need to take the bus back to Rockford.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • danger boy
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I think the Polk HQ tour begins around 10am if I'm not mistaken. Check with Doro to be sure though.
  • heiney9
    edited August 2008
    Options
    danger boy wrote: »
    I think the Polk HQ tour begins around 10am if I'm not mistaken. Check with Doro to be sure though.

On Friday? Damn.

Yes someone chime in ASAP as I have my flight bookmarked and ready to submit as soon as I have an itinerary for Friday's festivities.
  • heiney9
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You know what, I re-read the "Official Polkfest page" and it does say tour on Friday. So it looks like I'll take a later flight on Thursday afternoon/evening.
  • danger boy
    edited August 2008
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    You know what, I re-read the "Official Polkfest page" and it does say tour on Friday. So it looks like I'll take a later flight on Thursday afternoon/evening.

good idea.. a number of people are flying in Thurs night as some could not make it in time for the Friday morning tour.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yup the tour got started around 10am, then lunch/entertainment, then more tours, then some talks & surprises. Things didn't start wrapping up until around 3 or 4pm if memory serves.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Fireman32
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It will be here before you know it. Cant wait to see everyone again and meet new polkies.
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited August 2008
    Options
    So, any Illinois Polkies still planning to drive or everyone flying?
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • heiney9
    edited August 2008
    Options
    McLoki wrote: »
    So, any Illinois Polkies still planning to drive or everyone flying?

Sorry, but I can't take the time off work to drive. Airfare from O'hare is <$300 round trip. Probably more than driving but it's the only way I'm going to be able to attend. Get in quick and get home quick. I have a new job and I really can't be away for 2 days, but I am anyways :D

Sorry Michael. I don't think Dave and Aaron can attend anymore. It's just me, you and Doug from the "original" crew that was going to drive. Doug will already be there on business.

H9
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited September 2008
    Options
    My flight is booked to PIT Thursday AM. I'll drive up with Carl.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
This discussion has been closed.