Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2008
    Options
    hoosier21 wrote: »
    found it

Finally!!!!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Hey anyone bringing any tubes to sell @ PF08? Spec looking for 12AX7's, not looking for trades as I don't have many tubes. I am looking to wheel and deal in a pair for me. I got cold hard cash.. tubes travel well, and don't take up much space in your suitcase.. so bring some to sell please. :)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited October 2008
    Options
    What brand(s) are you looking for?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• danger boy
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I don't know much about tubes.. but I like detail in my music.. as well as smooth vocals.. bass doesn't really matter that much to me.. so if I had to sacrifice the bass to get smooth mid vocals and detailed highs. i'm will to make that sacrifice. ;)

what is in my price range of about $75 for a pair? smooth long plates? it doesn't make sense to me.. but I read that people like them.
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I don't have any tubes for you, but I'll be sure and bring some extra wire and a digital timer. We can slap everything together and put it in your luggage. Imagine the look on the face of the guy running the Xray machine at the airport!:eek:
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • danger boy
    edited October 2008
    Options
    strider wrote: »
    I don't have any tubes for you, but I'll be sure and bring some extra wire and a digital timer. We can slap everything together and put it in your luggage. Imagine the look on the face of the guy running the Xray machine at the airport!:eek:

Imagine the look on MY face as i'm detained for hours at the airport having cavity search done on me :eek: :p
  • F1nut
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Ted and David are here, Polkfest has started!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'm all packed and have an early flight to PIT to hook up with Carl. See you folks soon!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    edited October 2008
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    I'm all packed and have an early flight to PIT to hook up with Carl. See you folks soon!

In the process of packing now. Ready to leave by 2 tomorrow. What's the weather like in Baltimore right now; this weekend?

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Well guys, count me out. I aint gonna be able to make it. I simply dont have the money. We've gone thru some pretty crappy luck the last few months here at the MacLeod household and although Im in the process of getting us out of this hole, its not gonna be enough to make the trip Friday.

I am EXTREMELY pissed off and bummed out about it too. Ive been looking forward to Polkfest all year long but this is what I get for not planning ahead I reckon.

Hope everybody has a blast and drink several beers for me!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited October 2008
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    In the process of packing now. Ready to leave by 2 tomorrow. What's the weather like in Baltimore right now; this weekend?

H9

Party Cloudy and in the 60's last time I checked. Into the 30's Saturday night.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'm out:(
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Ricardo
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Sorry to hear some won't be able to make it. There will be other Polkfests, and if now it's not the right time, then be it. We'll take lots of pictures and drink a few for you guys!!!!

I'm packed and ready to hit the road at 6 AM tomorrow!!!!

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Have a safe trip everyone! When you guys and gals are gettin your groove on at Polk HQ's Friday morning, i'll be signing my life away to a nice new mortgage!

Wish I could be there with ya'll!

Someone mess up Jesse's hair for me and kick Doro in the nuts!
    No excuses!
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited October 2008
    Options
    61-64 highs
    43-47 lows
    partly cloudy
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Rich and I will be rolling out of the "Burgh" early tomorrow afternoon. Have a safe trip everyone!:D
    Carl

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Have a safe trip everyone! When you guys and gals are gettin your groove on at Polk HQ's Friday morning, i'll be signing my life away to a nice new mortgage!

Wish I could be there with ya'll!

Someone mess up Jesse's hair for me and kick Doro in the nuts!

Yeah, yeah... living in B'More, you probably have a key to get in and a pass for free rides in Matt's Porsche :p

Seriously, though... have fun with the mortgage... a new house is always exciting! For the first few months...
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • F1nut
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Hey its great here in Baltimore, spending time with Jesse, just went through his goodies, found some kind of liquid gel put it on my hair and now it does not move, his cat took one look at me and split, must of been the **** here **** comment I made.

So we had a great supper severed by Thai girl who did not speak English, she said I was very handsome, at least that is what Jesse said she said.

Anyway, cant wait to see you peeps and pops as you roll into town this weekend.

Jesse just blew up something for Dave to sleep with, oh boy hope it does not pop.

RT1

President of Club Polk

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I left work about 6:30PM, stopped by the Country Club to grab a burger with the wife and then hit the road. I"m just outside Blacksburg VA in a cheap motel...but hey...it has Wi-fi and a free "hot" breakfast. 250 miles tonight and another 300 tomorrow.

I'm sure I wouldn't sleep with anything that Jesse put his lips on and blew...but hey...whatever turns Dave on....

I'm there tomorrow! Whoops...I just saw the clock...1:20 AM...I'll be there later today!

See ya!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • danger boy
    edited October 2008
    Options
    hoosier21 wrote: »
    61-64 highs
    43-47 lows
    partly cloudy

how about the humidity? ;)
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2008
    Options
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • danger boy
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Hey guys,

Anyone want to PM me their cell number so we can connect late Thursday night? or else I'll just hit the lounge there.. there's bound to be a few hardcore members still awake when I hit the Hilton grounds. ;)
  • Ricardo
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Getting out the door; see you guys tonight/tomorrow!!!!

SOPA
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Me too boss, I've got this whole nervous energy thing going on. I'm happy but feel like puking at the same time.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited October 2008
    Options
    leaving work early today to pack. should be on the road by about 6:30 * 7:00 PM. 3-4 hr drive and I'm there
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Long day for me.

I fly out of O'Hare so I catch a bus from Rockford this morning at 10:00 get to O'Hare about 11:30.

Flight is at 1:50 and with the time change I land at BWI at 5:00. I'm getting my last few things together as I need to leave my house by 9:30 to make sure I'm on the 10:00 bus.

I'm pumped and ready for a great time!!!!!!
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • danger boy
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'll be hoping on a plane in a few hours myself. Just packing up a few last minute things....

See you all tomorrow or might run into a few of you's tonight. ;)
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited October 2008
    Options
    ben62670 wrote: »
    I'm out:(

Cause you suck, you know that, right? Sucky McSuckersen, that's what you are. :mad:
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • F1nut
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Air compressor Shack, air compressor.

President of Club Polk

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Steve called me looking for a ride from the airport. But Carl and I are ~5 hours away...he said he was gonna call the old man, Jesse.:D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
This discussion has been closed.