It's official - Polkfest 08...

Options

Comments

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Ok Polkies!

In 45 minutes I'm on my way to the airport to head to DC for the week! See you all at Polk HQ in a week!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2008
    Options
    If any Polkies that have stated that they are coming.....and have to drop out for personal reasons....

Please let me know ASAP.

This is important for headcount and if you want to eat food instead of scraps left by the animals that call themselves Polkies.

I suspect that they're are some drop outs but don't recall anything publically mentioned. It's ok, shite happens but it would be nice to know ahead of time folks.

The itinerary will be posted, although somewhat edited for suprises, within the next day or so.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    Believe it or not I was playing kickball. My job formed a league and tues night was the first game. I was in left field and the ball was kicked to me and i was running and throwing the ball at the same time and when my foot came down it twisted and I felt 2 pops in my knee. I went to the ER and they think i tore the miniscus. I have to schedule a MRI to find out the extent of the damage. Its my right knee so making the 5 hour drive next week might be hard. I hope I can make it as well. I will keep everyone posted.

Dave I will be heading up, and you can catch a ride with me. We can work something out. There are others passing through too.
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2008
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    If any Polkies that have stated that they are coming.....and have to drop out for personal reasons....

Please let me know ASAP.

This is important for headcount and if you want to eat food instead of scraps left by the animals that call themselves Polkies.

I suspect that they're are some drop outs but don't recall anything publically mentioned. It's ok, shite happens but it would be nice to know ahead of time folks.

The itinerary will be posted, although somewhat edited for suprises, within the next day or so.

I'll still be coming, but my friend can't make it.. no worries on food head count.. as I eat enough for two anyways. :p;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2008
    Options
    No problem Al.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2008
    Options
    You kids have fun and stay safe.;) Really wanted to shake hands with alot of you,but it'll just have to wait until another year. for those of you attending for the first time,you are in for a treat(you will have images etched in your minds for the rest of your lives :D) from the people that you meet,, not to mention the gathering at HQ and another abodes.You folks are Numbah One in my book. Stay safe and have fun. :cool::)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • danger boy
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Sorry you can't make it.. and anyone else who had to drop out. I'll take lots of pictures.. ;)
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited October 2008
    Options
    As much as I hate to say this, I have to bow out, too. I am starting a new job this week, and cannot take off. I was going to, but family issues have forced me to have to take a day very soon, I cannot afford to push it.

This really bites, but I have to do what I have to do. Have fun.
  • danger boy
    edited October 2008
    Options
    ANTHONY!
    sorry to see you're not going to make it this time around.. we'll miss ya bud.

take care.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited October 2008
    Options
    amulford wrote: »
    As much as I hate to say this, I have to bow out, too. I am starting a new job this week, and cannot take off. I was going to, but family issues have forced me to have to take a day very soon, I cannot afford to push it.

This really bites, but I have to do what I have to do. Have fun.

OMG, who is going to cook at the Saturday festivities now that the kitchen **** had to bow out???

Good luck with the new job Antny!

I won't be attending also. I go to settlement on my home the morning of the 17th and have to spend the weekend moving in, unpacking and setting up everything!
    No excuses!
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Hopefully Russ(Hoosier21) will be on the clock.;)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • W WALDECKER
    W WALDECKER Posts: 900
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I just got word that i am Scheduled for a very hot piping job in northern Va all next week. I wont make it to Polkfest on Friday unless it rains :( but on saturday i can make it :) thanks....WCW III
    Rogue Audio stereo 100 tube amplifier - Lector Zoe preamplifier with 6H30 pi's
    .Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I would like to take a moment to buck the trend and state that I and my friend (yes, I have those believe it or not) are still coming to the festivities on Friday but not Saturday just like we planned!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I wish sombody'd schedule me for a hot piping job. I know I couldn't go a whole week though.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I can't wait.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• danger boy
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i can wait... because I have to ;)
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2008
    Options
    When I started this post I was going to say that I was very worried about the economy and my job, and that I would not be coming. Then I remembered that Doro is going to welcome us with a kiss. Can't miss that.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'm here in DC & Mark & I are really looking forward to Friday!!!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited October 2008
    Options
    See y'all Friday... come hell or high water....
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Doro, me = still in.....and you know I eat for more than 1 :)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Norm Apter
    Norm Apter Posts: 1,036
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Will anyone be giving the rest of us "real time" updates on what goes down at Polkfest? Maybe someone could be a designated live blogger....and pics, lots of pics. I'm on the wrong coast and will be wading through a stack of midterm exams next weekend, etc, but am oh so curious about this event... Do those who attend get a sneak peak at a future line of Polks (or maybe y'all are sworn to secrecy....what happens at Polk HQ, stays at Polk HQ ;)???
    2 Ch.
    Parasound Halo A23 Amp
    Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
    Parasound Halo T3 Tuner
    Bada HD22SE tube CD Player
    Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 antenna
    polkaudio Lsi9s (upgraded cross-overs)
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Bi-wire Interface Speaker Cables
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Interconnects (3)
    IegO L70530 Power cords (3)

HT
    Denon 2808ci AVR
    polkaudio RTi A5s (fronts)
    polkaudio RTi A1s (rears)
    polkaudio Csi A6 (center)
    Signal Cable Ultra Speaker Cables
    Signal Cable Analog II Interconnects
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Try to get you a live feed when Matt Polk leads the conga line through the office area.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Norm- take a look at my gallery of pics from the last time this all went down.

http://www.king-nerd.com/dood/images/minigal/index.php?list=PolkFest%202005

You can probably expect just as many from me this year, as long as I still manage to drag my **** down there (been sick for a few weeks, now). Trying to make it, as I don't want to miss another good time!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2008
    Options
    ^ Nice job with the picture site the first time I seen it. :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Aren't they cute? :p
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 914
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'm getting ready for an awesome time! Polkfest 2008 here we come.
    I'm camping out at Joe's house...his rig is always powered up, and food is always cooking.
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Sal

They are only meant to look at:p Don't F up a rare breed:confused:

Jim
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited October 2008
    Options
    found it
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 914
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Sal, you are bringing the rolls? Good because Joe asked me to bring the rolls but I might be working late and they sell out very fast. I'll bring some other goody to eat. Are you staying at Joe's Sat night?
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Billy I believe Sal is only staying here Thursday night and that is not definite he may have to work late. His friend lives within minutes of Baltimore and he is planning on staying there Friday and Saturday nights. I still don't know if Phil is going to make the corporate tour as he has to leave for the Poconos early Friday evening.
This discussion has been closed.