Carolina Polkfest II : 13-15 Oct 2006

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited July 2006
    disneyjoe7 wrote:
    Are you going to fit into this car? :rolleyes:

I plan on removing my clothes, shaving my body, and coating myself in crisco. if a running start doesnt get me in the car, I figure a prybar should complete the job :D

believe it or not though, the car is quite roomy and comfy for a subcompact. We did 4 hours in it no sweat, so we'll try 10-12.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited July 2006
    ;):)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited July 2006
    Lou if you plan on being naked and shaved your not getting near my car:D As far as the carvers dont know how we are going to swing that.
  • ohskigod
    edited July 2006
    we gotta start thinking hotel room kid! tt ya this week about it
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited July 2006
    I'm not changing my underwear till I get there. Hey, wait, I don't wear 'em...
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited July 2006
    TroyD wrote:
    If you forget, I've got a pressure washer to get in all the nooks and crannies.

BDT

Roger that. You might want to get a new spark plug, I'll get some fresh gas, she might be running a bit.:D i would say more but gotta run get some cream for these little bugs but that is another story....

RT1
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited August 2006
    Man, the more I read this thread the more I wanna be there! I wish it would hurry up and get here so I could read about it! lol
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • amulford
    edited August 2006
    Ain't nothing stopping you but air, man...
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited August 2006
    Haha. Nah, my schedule doesn't jive with it. But hey, I've got at least 50 good years ahead of me for it to work out...odds are it will once or twice. :p
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • ohskigod
    edited August 2006
    with all the new airline restrictions and tightenned security, I sure am glad I'm driving!!
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2006
    Counting down to the ~60 day mark...

If possible for the sake of brevity, if folks who are planning on attending will shoot me and email at: troy.dion@charleston.af.mil, I can get a good head count going. Also, it's less cumbersome to deal with individual issues.

Getting STOKED!!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2006
    i'm officially out on attending this yrs PF06

someone take lots of pics please.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited August 2006
    For us MD, PA and NJ guys, WTF is everyone doing about transportation?

I spoke with Jesse (F1nut) yesterday and we threw around a few ideas. First off, Troy was dead on about flying into Charleston. Jesus H Christ, they want any unborn children I may have along with both arms and legs.

Flying is out!

Amtrak runs down there like he said. Not expensive (about $160 round trip), but 9 hours on a train to get there makes me squirm a bit.

Jesse is figuring out his plans to drive and where he heads from Troys. Thats about 9 hours of driving also from the Baltimore area.

We'll snag some rooms soom from Troys list.

Talk to me gents!!!
    No excuses!
  • disneyjoe7
    edited August 2006
    For us MD, PA and NJ guys, WTF is everyone doing about transportation?

Rent a Van, have some fun... Make it best for you.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• amulford
    edited August 2006
    The last time I rented and drove. I picked up one wayward soul on the way. I reckon I could do that again...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited August 2006
    I want to arrive with my hearing intact.;)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• disneyjoe7
    edited August 2006
    F1nut wrote:
    I want to arrive with my hearing intact.;)

I think Troy should have an age limit :rolleyes:

I just hope it's below mine ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited August 2006
    Myself and ohskigod are driving down on thursday night so we can be there friday morning. Figure about 10 hours of driving not counting coffee stops. I'm starting to plan out the route now. I know a little shourtcut to avoid the traffic and tolls in balt and DC.
  • Strong Bad
    edited August 2006
    Fireman32 wrote:
    Myself and ohskigod are driving down on thursday night so we can be there friday morning. Figure about 10 hours of driving not counting coffee stops. I'm starting to plan out the route now. I know a little shourtcut to avoid the traffic and tolls in balt and DC.

You cheap ****!!!! You'll spend more than 2 bucks in gas with your shortcuts!

j/k :D

Seriously, at night, you won't get hit with traffic. Straight on down 95 is the way to go.

I may hook up with amulford so I can share a room with him. In the morning i'll be his alarm clock and jump on his bed! :D inside joke

I'm leaning toward Amtrak maybe late Thursday night from Baltimore. Travel through the night and sleep, then be fresh in the AM when I arrive. Still not set on that though.

Has everyone picked a hotel yet?
    No excuses!
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited August 2006
    John,

Cool, you dont mind if I pay Ant, a little visit in the wee hours do you?????????

I dont have a room yet.

RT1
  • TroyD
    edited August 2006
    Any of you a$$holes show up to my house before noon on Friday will be arrested and jailed. :D:D:D

BDT
  • Strong Bad
    edited August 2006
    TroyD wrote:
    Any of you a$$holes show up to my house before noon on Friday will be arrested and jailed. :D:D:D

BDT

I was gonna surprise you and TLW with breakfast in bed, but since you put it that way....eff off dude! ;)
    No excuses!
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited August 2006
    TroyD wrote:

BDT

Darn...I was hoping to come earlier in the week and do a little sightseeing and stuff. I didn't think you'd mind if I parked my RV in your front yard....:(

RedneckHomeSchool.jpg
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited August 2006
    Russman and I are staying at the following:

October 13, 2006 - October 14, 2006
    Residence Inn - Riverview
    90 Ripley Pointe Drive
    Charleston, SC 29407
    $270/ 2 Bedroom - Suite

We picked a downtown location so we can do some nightlife Friday night, as well as spying the local prostitutes and law enforcement facilities. It also has a complimentary buffet breakfast, which will be nice for the AM recovery. I know Russ likes to spoon, so we're sharing a bed...hopefully I won't remember anything, kinda like CES.

EDIT: I changed it to a 2 BR suite, so we have room for another guest as it's a huge room with a couch. I just remembered how loud he snores, so that sharing a bed idea is right out the window.

October 14, 2006 - October 15, 2006
    Comfort Suites
    2540 North Forest Drive
    North Charleston, SC 29420
    $110/ 2 Queen Bed - Suite

This is our close quarters combat HQ for Polkfest, Saturday night. Also with free breakfast buffet. This is teh staging area for the assault....on our livers.

I'm also driving down, so if anyone needs a lift, let me know ASAP. Just be aware that since I'm driving, you're on my f@cking time, as in my schedule dictates when I'm leaving and where I'm going. I plan on arriving @ 1500 on Friday...leaving by 1200 on Sunday, FYI.

I booked my lodging thru Travelocity.

Good luck fellas...see you in Charleston.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TroyD
    edited August 2006
    If history does, indeed repeat itself: 10 bucks says you see that hotel room for less than an hour after you check in the whole weekend ;)

BDT
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2006
    There's no way I'm sleeping on that recliner again, so hopefully it won't repeat itself :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ohskigod
    edited August 2006
    You cheap ****!!!! You'll spend more than 2 bucks in gas with your shortcuts!

j/k :D

Dude, with Dave's Toyota Yaris, I'm plannin on 2 bucks getting us to at least Virginia. Cheap, hell yeah :D

Dave was an long haul truck driver, I'm gonna just trust his judgement, its in his hands.

I'm starting to get a little pumped up here

eveyone remember to bring your share of Anthony's bail money :p
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• Strong Bad
    edited August 2006
    Ok guys, just got off the phone with Mark (Doro). I'm confirmed in my hotel rooms. Mark is working out the fine details with the major pimp ride.

Had some stuff come up at work today (good stuff) and really needed to nail down the plans FAST! I couldn't dork around any longer.

Breaking my Polk Fest virginity FINALLY! Be gentle with me please. On second thought, the hell with it. Treat me like the HO that BDT is!

Oh man, my poor liver....
    No excuses!
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2006
    If you at all value your health and well being, contact F1Nut for solid, sensible advice. There is nothing good to be had from a Russman & Dorokusai meeting....it's pure evil.
  • disneyjoe7
    edited August 2006
    dorokusai wrote:
    There's no way I'm sleeping on that recliner again, so hopefully it won't repeat itself :)

Doro,

Maybe skipping the recliner and head straight to the FLOOR :cool:

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD