Carolina Polkfest II : 13-15 Oct 2006

Options

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2006
    Options
    That was just a cat-nap w/ Gunny....the monster was in full effect after that, unfortunately.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Mark - last I heard - had decided NOT to attend CPF06. I for one am glad you changed your mind and are attending.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited August 2006
    Options
    ^^^ Dido

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• dorokusai
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Shack - That's a fact, and the decision was very recent. I simply had to accept my need to see Wendi again...I'm addicted. I've touched Troy, closer than you know and it was uneventful. He's cute but Wendi brings it to the table.

To the rest of you freakshow Polkies....if you hate me and want to meet me to tell me that...this is your chance ****, bring it....and a couple cases of beer...and some chips.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • shack
    edited August 2006
    Options
    The bushes have been demanding a rematch.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2006
    Options
    They will not get the upper hand this year.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited August 2006
    Options
    shack wrote:
    The bushes have been demanding a rematch.

I heard about those bushes and am training to take one on! I'm up to beating a small patch of grass right now. Still 2 months to train though.
    No excuses!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2006
    Options
    John, you have celeb status with the Polk crowd, it's like a rare appearance or some such. Mark and I are used to it, we will have a card table setup, and sign 8x10's on Saturday morning for newbies and long time fans.

Feel free to join us. I think the pic of you in the T and sweatpants leaning on the 1c's really shows off your physique. Bring your Polk mug for tips (and phone numbers for Brett and Dangerboy).

I haven't decided what, but I'm going to ship up some hotrod old school tube ****, Eico, Heathkit... who knows. Get ready for KT88's strapped triode with Acrosound T330 output trannies, or something else hardcore. Maybe a little hands on tube tutorial for the interested? I'm going to go all out for this one, and contribute as much as I can.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited August 2006
    Options
    pencil me in for that tube tutorial. I have all tube gear in my 2 channel rig and am still a friggin tube tard!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Yup, I'm down w/ a tube tutorial....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Strong Bad
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I'm in for the tube tutorial. I know literally nothing about them, except that they exist and people love them. Eventually my SRS 2.3's will be promoted to fulltime 2 channel tube rig status.

I'm thinking on setting up a table along with Russ and Mark to sell autographed polaroids since Russ said i've achieved celebrity status. The Polk Coffee Mug will make an appearance also, although, I suspect more people will want to be photographed with that instead of me. Brett is allowed to hug me once, but no **** grabbin buddy! :D

Strongbad
    No excuses!
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2006
    Options
    If Brett wants you, he will have you....he's not a little guy.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I think a table for all the originals.

Russman
    F1nut
    Doro
    John
    Troy
    Hoosier21

Who else is coming from the old board gang? I want to hear some fireside stories from you guys. I dont need an autograph as I have taken some of your clothing (cept John) from prior meetings.
  • Strong Bad
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I'm keeping close watch on my underwear inventory!

Any Polk women showing up for this other than TLW (The Lovely Wendy)?

Also, I'm toting alot of my camera gear with laptop to record any and all happenings at this event. Anyone else bringing a camera? I'm planning on posting all of the photos (after I edit them) to my photography website so everyone can take what photos they want.

2 months and counting....
    No excuses!
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited August 2006
    Options
    John,

I bringing a camera but I'm not as talent as you're with a camera...

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• TroyD
    edited August 2006
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:
    If Brett wants you, he will have you....he's not a little guy.

Exactly why we do NOT allow Brett to drink. That could have life altering consequences.

BDT
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Troy- AMEN.

John Strong is my co-pilot for the trip down to SC....anyone else need a ride? Russman may or may not be on-board, depending on what airport he flies into. I have a single seat available in the rental car.

What about lodging?...get that stuff secured now folks, it's not New Years Eve, but why wait?

I'm not doing any last minute sidetrips, or late pickups, so get your head out now.

dorokusai@comcast.net
  • reeltrouble1
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I think a table for all the originals.

Russman
    F1nut
    Doro
    John
    Troy
    Hoosier21

Who else is coming from the old board gang? I want to hear some fireside stories from you guys. I dont need an autograph as I have taken some of your clothing (cept John) from prior meetings.

You know come to think of it, I would not mind an autoghraphed pic of that gang to hang in the Shed. How about it guys????????????
  • TroyD
    edited August 2006
    Options
    F1 might want to start altering his sleep patterns now, in small increments....these things take time.

BDT
  • shack
    edited August 2006
    Options
    TroyD wrote:
    F1 might want to start altering his sleep patterns now, in small increments....these things take time.

BDT

Sleep?

• RuSsMaN
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Yeah, those old guys like to 'call it quits' around midnight.

That's when it really starts getting good. Troy, just stock plenty of high tone root beer, he'll be fine.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I'm excited about the menu...what's the word of food this round Troy?
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I don't care as long as there is 'tons of it'.

Just keep f#$king Bruce out of the Deviled Eggs, I didn't get ONE last time.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Man, with all this tube stuff y'all've really got me longing to go. Y'all sure better take lots of pictures and report back what happened thoroughly!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • TroyD
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Menu??

Friday night, we'll probably do a Frogmore Stew or some such. (this is not really a stew, it's shrimp/sausage/corn/taters boiled in an Old Bay/Lemon/Beer broth. Drained and served with a garlic/wine sauce)

Saturday: BBQ. We are going to have a half (maybe whole) hog BBQ'd on site. 25lbs or so of Big Flo tater salad and the rest of the trimmings.

I'm sure that we'll have a keg, maybe two and a few handles of Beam.

That's the major stuff for chow....I'm sure we'll throw in some more goodies as time goes on.

BDT
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited August 2006
    Options
    audiobliss wrote:
    Man, with all this tube stuff y'all've really got me longing to go. Y'all sure better take lots of pictures and report back what happened thoroughly!

You said that already. ;)
  • reeltrouble1
    edited August 2006
    Options
    BDT--I will be sure to get my stomach properly stretched just prior. What no Rum!!!! OK, I will get that covered with plenty to share. You never know when you will find another Random Thinker in the bunch.....

Man its getting close, its soooooooooooooo, well you know.

RT1
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited August 2006
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    Just keep f#$king Bruce out of the Deviled Eggs, I didn't get ONE last time.

What, didn't you eat scrambled eggs on Sunday?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2006
    Options
    F$%k no, once I knew what he did to make them.

I'd rather eat almost raw Bacon right out of the skillet.
  • TroyD
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Aight all you morons, I need a rough headcount for attendees. Post here or email me: troy.dion@charleston.af.mil

It's not a binding contract but I need to have a rough headcount ASAP.

Quit effin' around and lemme know. :D

So far I got:
    Russman
    Dorokusai
    F1Nut
    Amulford
    Polk65
    Strongbad
    Shackdaddy
    Reelrandomthoughts1
    DisneyJoe
    DAGLJAM6