Carolina Polkfest II : 13-15 Oct 2006

TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
edited November 2006 in Gatherings & Special Events
After long, tense, negotiations ( :D )....the dates for Polkfest '06 have been, for all intents and purposes, set.

More info/discussion to follow but for those interested, those are the dates to plan on. Friday is the earlybird social gathering. Saturday is the 'fest and Sunday is the day to wrap it up and get out of Dodge.

Again, long way off but I wanted to let folks know so they can plan ahead.

I, for one, await the rematch between Mark and my hedges.

Gear update:

Guys, I been thinking on this. Last time around I don't think we demoed HALF the gear in the house. I'm leaning to doing it the way Mark did it at his house with relatively fixed rigs, probably 3. Now, if you have something special or requested (like Shacks RT400's that Russ wants to hear) cool and, by all means, we can hash this out but what I'm trying to do is go for quality demo over volume of gear plus, I'd hate to see anyone's gear get ganked up like Mark's Anthem preamp. Thoughts??

BDT
I plan for the future. - F1Nut
Post edited by TroyD on

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2006
    In my calendar; won't miss it this year.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2006
    I'll be there. If Mark can't make it (I think he's doing something special for the Mrs. around then), you'll have to settle for my reinactment of the famous hedge scene.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    edited February 2006
    That's ok, you'll be busy with the puking for distance contest on the back deck.

BDT
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2006
    I'm so there....
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,664
    edited February 2006
    'Atta boy!

I'll be there.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2006
    Woo-hoo! Count me in.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited February 2006
    wouldnt miss it, count me in.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2006
    What day is the belly buck contest??

Got em-eat em Fat Boys
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited February 2006
    Excellent, it will be good to some of my old gear again.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited February 2006
    In like Flynn. I'll be glad to thrash the bushes, that is if I don't burn 'em down first.... :D

Edit: I forgot the smiley
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2006
    Marking it down now.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2006
    amulford wrote:
    In like Flynn. I'll be glad to thrash the bushes, that is if I don't burn 'em down first....

No fireworks this year Anthony. I'll toss you around like a sack of beans and stomp the crap out of you if you show up with that stuff. Then I will proceed to urinate on all your wares.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • amulford
    edited February 2006
    Oh, OK. No throwing up for you, Russ. I'll strip you down naked, roll you in it, then spoon feed you the leftovers.

BTW, FuzzNut, it WAS a joke...
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited February 2006
    location, location, location.. (specific?)
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2006
    North Charleston SC.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited February 2006
    11 hour drive, looks like lou is cruisin for airfare :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • amulford
    edited February 2006
    ohskigod wrote:
    11 hour drive, looks like lou is cruisin for airfare :D

Oh Yeah. Every bit. It's a SOLID 10 hrs for me and I roll....
  • keith allen
    keith allen Posts: 734
    edited February 2006
    Should I bring my bong?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,664
    edited February 2006
    Should I bring my bong?
    You're not what one would call a thinking man. :rolleyes:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    edited February 2006
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • TroyD
    edited February 2006
    Should I bring my bong?

Please tell me you are kidding. :rolleyes:

If you even REMOTELY consider that appropriate, you need not consider coming.

BDT
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2006
    I did manage to get into the speedo last night, just barely though.

Please keep the heat on, I don't want my ninnies to get cold.

RT1
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited February 2006
    I'm planning on making it down. I'll be the one not drinking, smoking, or wearing speedos. :o
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited February 2006
    You and me both Blue.......

I'm a tentative only because I'm not sure when the merger is going through and what that will translate into..........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2006
    Troy,
    I can't say for sure yet.. it's a long ways off.. but, with that said.. Oct is a good time of year for me actually. Just so long as RuSs, doesn't try to convert me.. LOL :confused::p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • shack
    edited February 2006
    danger boy wrote:
    Just so long as RuSs, doesn't try to convert me.. LOL :confused::p
    To WHAT?

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2006
    To bat for the home team again Shack.

What did Willie say again? "Polkies are frequently, secretly, fond of each other"
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2006
    tubes! what did you think?? :eek:
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • shack
    edited February 2006
    danger boy wrote:
    tubes! what did you think?? :eek:

I thought maybe you were referring to him trying to turn-you-on-to Dee-lite or MJ....

No wait...that's Bruce...

Nevermind.

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited February 2006
    Sounds like a plan...

Hoosier, need a lift?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD