Carolina Polkfest II : 13-15 Oct 2006

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited May 2006
    Georgia has a coast? Oh yeah...I forgot...it's that little piece that SC and Florida didn't want...:D
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited May 2006
    Nope, Ga had a choice, we took the shorter coastline those others states got the Damm Yankees!!!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They dont call it the Golden Isles for nothing. I mean its only where the Vanderbuilt's, Dupont's, Ford's, Rockefellar's and so on chose to play all summer.

RT1
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    edited May 2006
    Im going to talk to the Manager of the store and see if I can bring anything to the gathering for sale/freebies.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited May 2006
    They dont call it the Golden Isles for nothing. I mean its only where the Vanderbuilt's, Dupont's, Ford's, Rockefellar's and so on chose to play all summer.
    I did not know you moved to Newport, RI... ;)
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • reeltrouble1
    edited May 2006
    Tour,

You definetely need to make a road trip to Ga.

RT1
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited May 2006
    I mean its only where the Vanderbuilt's, Dupont's, Ford's, Rockefellar's and so on chose to play all summer.
    True, but then again they sold Jekyll Island back to the state of GA. for a mere $675,000 in 1947 (actually GA forced the sale by a condemnation order) . The "rumor" is that it happened after a reported U-Boat attack/sighting during WWII, but in reality it was just economics.

And in fact these were their Winter Cottages where they came during the cold northern winters to hunt and so forth. They called it their "Winter Newport". No way they would spend much time there during the hot, humid GA summers without AC. A few other names of note that vacationed there are Marshall Field, Henry Hyde, J. P. Morgan, Vincent Astor and Joseph Pulitzer.

BTW, Jekyll Island is one of my favorite vacation spots although I haven't been there in about 4-5 years.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited May 2006
    Tour,

You definetely need to make a road trip to Ga.

RT1
    I'll take that as an invitation, which I will gladly accept.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • reeltrouble1
    edited May 2006
    Actually, their so called "cottages" which are pretty much mansions, did not have cooking kitchens, all hot meals were taken at the marvelous Jekyll Island Hotel.

Anytime guys, we are talking about 170 miles south of Charleston S.C.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread, Rock on Polkfest, just another five months.

RT1
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited May 2006
    Time to begin training.

Tilt one, burp, hurl. Tilt two, burp, hurl...
  • reeltrouble1
    edited June 2006
    tick tick tick

RT1
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2006
    Bump!

We are closing in on the 90 day window!

Ok, for a couple of reasons, Mr. Gibbs will not be attending, so that portion of the program has been nixed. The whole seminar thing was just....well...it was jiving with the whole Polkfest concept.

Still, we have a great lineup of gear and so forth. Mark it on your calendars!!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited July 2006
    I am flying and hope to get an early/mid Friday morning flight. Haven't picked a motel, but want to check with others and see where ya'll are staying.

If we coordinate flight schedules and motels, perhaps we can share in rental car expenses.

Whats up Polkies? Let's get things squared away now while we can.

John
    No excuses!
  • reeltrouble1
    edited July 2006
    For Tour in falsetto

I'll be there
    I'll be there
    Just call my name
    and I'll be there.

Where the hell has he been anyway???????
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited July 2006
    Where the hell has he been anyway???????

Home remodeling, in preparation for sale/move. I checked on him after the flooding in Houston awhile back and he's fine--just busy.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited July 2006
    Shame about Leonard.

How 'bout you, Mike? Still a strong maybe???
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited July 2006
    amulford wrote:
    How 'bout you, Mike? Still a strong maybe???
    Hi Anthony,

Still a maybe... but, no way to assess the strength of it until Aug. 21.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited July 2006
    I am flying and hope to get an early/mid Friday morning flight. Haven't picked a motel, but want to check with others and see where ya'll are staying.

If we coordinate flight schedules and motels, perhaps we can share in rental car expenses.

Whats up Polkies? Let's get things squared away now while we can.

John

I'm planning, although it's still a 60/40 thing to fly in about that time. Maybe we can split the rental car. I need my own room. I snore and **** frequently while sleeping.
    Carl

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited July 2006
    schwarcw wrote:
    I'm planning, although it's still a 60/40 thing to fly in about that time. Maybe we can split the rental car. I need my own room. I snore and **** frequently while sleeping.

I'm down with splitting rental car costs. Anyone can join in if they like. Pretty much just a back and forth ride from motel to Troys and back to motel.

Uh yeah! I'm in my own room also. My sinuses are a total wreck, so I tend to sound like a pissed off Wookie when I sleep. Farting....24/7 with me!

John
    No excuses!
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited July 2006
    myself and fireman 32 are still attending. we will be driving down from Jersey in his little Toyota yaris. and adorable and reliable car that most importantly gets 40 MPG. I'm trying to figure out a way to safely get my Carver platinums in the car but it is not looking good :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited July 2006
    ohskigod wrote:
    myself and fireman 32 are still attending. we will be driving down from Jersey in his little Toyota yaris. and adorable and reliable car that most importantly gets 40 MPG. I'm trying to figure out a way to safely get my Carver platinums in the car but it is not looking good :D

Are you going to fit into this car? :rolleyes:

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• reeltrouble1
    edited July 2006
    Soeaking of that DJ r u going? R We overloading some poor rental????????

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

RT1
  • TroyD
    edited July 2006
    ohskigod wrote:

Don't tease me man!

When/if....you lemme know and I'll come get them!!

BDT
  • reeltrouble1
    edited July 2006
    Oh the precious.....................hehehehe yea, quit teasing, its his ultimate jones, he will take it from you when you sleep........Gollum err I mean BDT....

RT1
  • Johncan
    Johncan Posts: 38
    edited July 2006
    I would like to attend. I am in Atlanta. Any others from ATL going?

John
    My main rig
    Eico HF-87 amp and Eico HF-85 preamp; Klipsch Cornwall I; Systemdek IIX TT w/ a Dynavector 10x4 MKII cart; Denon DVD-2910 universal CD/SACD/DVD-A/HDCD player - Polk Monitor 5s, 7s, & 10s used in secondary systems.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited July 2006
    I'm planning on it,,my first one.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited July 2006
    Trying to find a cheap flight into Charleston:mad: I don't think it exist. John have you booked a flight yet? BWI for a change is more $$$ than DCA or Dulles. Troy you need to bring SW down there:) Still looking at different options.

JT
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited July 2006
    Soeaking of that DJ r u going? R We overloading some poor rental????????

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

RT1

No Ted I plan on being there, and I will be driving my Toyota 4runner. Picking you up?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    edited July 2006
    I will be there... 110% sure.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited July 2006
    Wow, DJ, you are getting the good car!!!

Sure thing, swing by the house. Its starting to get close, under 90 days, I will likely shower at least once by then..............see you soon.

RT1
  • TroyD
    edited July 2006
    Wow, DJ, you are getting the good car!!!

Sure thing, swing by the house. Its starting to get close, under 90 days, I will likely shower at least once by then..............see you soon.

RT1

If you forget, I've got a pressure washer to get in all the nooks and crannies.

BDT