Carolina Polkfest II : 13-15 Oct 2006

1252627282931»

Comments

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2006
    :D:D WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!:D :D

amulford wrote:
    OK there Fireman Bill. We did have extinguishers on hand and about thirty bloated bladders to handle any flare ups...:p
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2006
    If this is the kind of critiqueing I can expect at Antny's, staying home might be a better option for me.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited November 2006
    Not sure why you guy's and gals are so up tight for… pansies :)

This a picture of my pool construction, this is a propane tank that is used for the spa and or to heat the pool.

4bof3g7.jpg

So during it's installation, the installer being rather cool we began to talk a little...

What I learned was this when one of these tanks are removed they need to be empty. This is done by bleeding off. Burn off if you asked me, So the story goes during a removal (behind a local mall around here) he needed bleed off tank so with a 10 ft pipe cracks the value and lites it up. With a small flow and flame about 10 ft, His boss calls and ask where is was at with it he stated that the tank is 70% full and he as a 10' flame running, he stated crap you'll be there for a while open her up. He said don't we need to call people maybe a permit????? He said open it up, said ok... So with a 60' - 80' flame from it. He turn around and found 10 fire engines around him as 911 got a few calls that the mall is under flames. :rolleyes:

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2006
    :D LOL! What can I tell you George, it looks like a great time! But a thought of becoming a part of the BBQ is less than appealing!:D

If this is the kind of critiqueing I can expect at Antny's, staying home might be a better option for me.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 914
    edited November 2006
    OK there Fireman Bill. We did have extinguishers on hand and about thirty bloated bladders to handle any flare ups...

From the looks of things, you guys would have just started a massive alcohol fire :p .

Fireman Bill
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2006

You ain't gotta worry 'bout that here. Besides, remember the phone conversation we had. Options are Quietly or Kicking and Screaming...:D
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2006
    Libertyc wrote:
    Troy,

FYI - I did see a LP tank being stored inside the garage...and your grill is way too close to your house. A 20lb LP tank can blow your the roof off your house.

Bill

Thanks for the tip. :rolleyes:

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited November 2006
    Please tell me what the big deal is?

Ever notice how close the propane tank is to the flame on a gas grill.

Like Disney Joe pointed out, have you have ever seen a gas guy use a lighter to find a gas leak :rolleyes:

:p
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2006
    Personally, I just thought it was funny -- nothing more. Sorry, doods. :o
  • disneyjoe7
    edited November 2006
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Please tell me what the big deal is?

Ever notice how close the propane tank is to the flame on a gas grill.

Like Disney Joe pointed out, have you have ever seen a gas guy use a lighter to find a gas leak :rolleyes:

:p

Yes, I'm old enough to have seen and remember "Old Timers" doing just that open flame leak test. My first own gas stoves or heaters was tested by this method, not sure but I still my like that. But I haven't installed one for the last 20yrs or so. America is becoming **** IMHO.

BTW didn't anyone noticed to closeness of the propane tank hose to the flame under the large steam cooker? I would have said something myself if it was a 1/2" closer, it made me a little uneasy. :eek:

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• disneyjoe7
    edited November 2006
    Close up of Flame and design of cooker.

4fxd9uw.jpg

How propane tank hose was configured at this time.
    I had to think about heat coming off cooking damaging hose and danger of rupture if all hell broke loose.

433k7zm.jpg

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• disneyjoe7
    edited November 2006
    Troy,

Sorry to bring this up buddy, I just think it was needed to show this if people are upset about some tank with a closed value and a lite cigarette near by.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    *COUGH*

More great memories of Polkfest past....
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut