Options

Comments

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited August 2006
    Options
    In! :)

Oh yeah!

Mark, let's rent a stretch Hummer and go in serious style! We'll get some dope to do all the driving (Russman) and we'll party it up the whole way!
    No excuses!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Eff that, Mike is driving in the hot rod...

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2006
    Options
    John and I are traveling Beardog style in a Cadillac DTS. It will be all Polk'd out :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Caddy DTS. Nice. Though I must admit I prefer the older STS.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • univera
    univera Posts: 848
    edited August 2006
    Options
    ohskigod wrote:
    pencil me in for that tube tutorial. I have all tube gear in my 2 channel rig and am still a friggin tube tard!

Ditto on that. You are partially responsible for my blind, tube purchase. Clueless. Ski god, I don't know about you, but I sure hope Paintballfreak will make the trip and wear that Paintball mask.:) He has a lot to bring to the forum, IMO. I only wish that he had kept those pics of him in the mask up for a few days so that everyone could have seen them. They would have gotten more mileage than those Signal Cable Risers. Still laughing...
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    Biamped Anthem 2 SE's w/1970's NOS Siemens CCA's
    Anthem Pre 2L w/E.harmonix platinum matched 6H23's
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:
    AVR: NAD T 773
    Rears: Polk LC80i
    DVD: Toshiba 3109 dual tray
    Subs: Velodyne and M&K
    T.V.: Sony KDL-52XBR4 w/Vans Evers Clean Line Jr.
    Conditioner: Panamax M5100EX

Master Bedroom Sony 40KDL-XBR3

"I love it when a plan comes together." Hannibal Smith, The A-Team
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited August 2006
    Options
    TroyD wrote:
    Eff that, Mike is driving in the hot rod...

BDT

That would be a fun cruise. But, the windshield wipers (even though they're converted to electric) and headlights (even though the cans are reworked to halogen) could make the trip a bit too tedious. Besides that, Anthony (if he's shaggin' with Jesse and me) wouldn't be too comfortable in the jump seat and I'd be out cleaning bugs off of it while everyone else was enjoying the fest. :o

We'll just have to slum it in the new Town and Country. More room for case lots of fireworks that way. :eek:
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited August 2006
    Options
    TroyD wrote:
    Gear update:

Guys, I been thinking on this. Last time around I don't think we demoed HALF the gear in the house. I'm leaning to doing it the way Mark did it at his house with relatively fixed rigs, probably 3. Now, if you have something special or requested (like Shacks RT400's that Russ wants to hear) cool and, by all means, we can hash this out but what I'm trying to do is go for quality demo over volume of gear plus, I'd hate to see anyone's gear get ganked up like Mark's Anthem preamp. Thoughts??

BDT

I have a couple of (transportable) pieces that some here may have had no exposure to. Nothing exotic, just not talked about much:

EE MiniMax tube output CDP
    Shanling CDT-100 tube output CDP
    Dynakit ST-70, reworked to mint stock
    PS Audio GCPH phono stage
    PS Audio GCA-250 power amp

If there's any substantive level of interest in one of the pieces--and the host is agreeable--I could bring it. I don't believe I'd bring all.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I wouldn't mind getting my ears on the EE MiniMax (comparing to the Jolida). It's been a while since I've heard one.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Agreed with my esteemed colleague....or the Shanling.

However, it's not his ears that you got to be worried about being on your gear. Trust me. I know. I had to sell the Amazings for that reason. I got creeped out everytime I listened to them after what I refer to as 'THE incident'

BDT
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited August 2006
    Options
    The transport puck comes down HARD on the Shanling if you're not careful, Russ. Word to the wise, or enraptured.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited August 2006
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    I wouldn't mind getting my ears on the EE MiniMax (comparing to the Jolida). It's been a while since I've heard one.

Cheers,
    Russ

will a Jolida be there? I can bring mine if needed
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Troy has one.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ohskigod
    edited August 2006
    Options
    sweet, lord knows cabin room is a preimium in a Toyota Yaris :p
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I might bring

Rogers LS-6 monitors (I really like these little things)
    Polk RT55 (might be for sale)
    Sophia Electric Baby amp (might be for sale)
    Do we need stands, I can bring at least one pair...if not 2 (24")
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Sorry guys, just got word that I will be 6,000 miles away playing in a sandbox for the festivities. Tip one back for me, will ya?
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Strong Bad
    edited August 2006
    Options
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Sorry guys, just got word that I will be 6,000 miles away playing in a sandbox for the festivities. Tip one back for me, will ya?

That sucks!

Good luck in the sandbox and be sure to whoop the bully's **** for all of us!

Will tip one for ya for sure! :D
    No excuses!
  • Strong Bad
    edited August 2006
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:
    John and I are traveling Beardog style in a Cadillac DTS. It will be all Polk'd out :)

Sweet! I better score a purple suit and afro wig if I want to look the part while cruising in that!
    No excuses!
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited August 2006
    Options
    We'll stop and post bail for you in NC.
  • Strong Bad
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Troy:

You mind if I tote my (soon to be aquired) Dodd ELP along and hook it to your SDA's? I got an offer from someone to bring a wide range of tubes for it so I can test them and see which I like the best. Maybe I'll bring the Carver amp along too.

Strongbad
    No excuses!
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Carver amps don't belong at Polkfest.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Strong Bad
    edited August 2006
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:

Note to self...ingest large quantities of spicey mexican food the morning of our looooooooong drive to Polkfest.
    No excuses!
  • TroyD
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Bring the ELP if you so desire, I got no issues with that. No issue with the Carver amp either, however, I'm trying to minimize unplugging and rewiring a bunch of gear. Less chance for gear, especially mine, to get fried.

Lou: if you want to bring a pair of stands, might not be a bad idea. Mine suck.

BDT
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited August 2006
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:

I don't know, those Silver 9t's sounded PRETTY damn good on the Amazings at PF '04...

John, Too much shuffling just ain't where it's at. Too much can happen and it usually does...
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited August 2006
    Options
    amulford wrote:
    Too much can happen and it usually does...

'Nuff said. I'll skip bringing anything.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Not as long as it's set up and left alone. You just don't want to have alot of switching out, and that invariably gets to be the case, is all I'm saying...
  • Strong Bad
    edited August 2006
    Options
    No problemo gents! I did get the offer to take the tubes home with me and return when I was finished, so I'll go that route. Would be better to test them on the actual setup anyway. Perhaps I'll just keep my role limited to "Strongbad the Staff Photographer!" My camera backup is enough of a haul by itself.

Doro, you and my insides have gained a pardon from the Mexican onslaught!
    No excuses!
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Yaman, we only have a Cadillac for room :) The CARY SACD and Pre-Amp are in tow....as well as alot of vinyl for grab bags.
  • ohskigod
    edited August 2006
    Options
    TroyD wrote:

Lou: if you want to bring a pair of stands, might not be a bad idea. Mine suck.

BDT

done
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• Strong Bad
    edited August 2006
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:
    Yaman, we only have a Cadillac for room :) The CARY SACD and Pre-Amp are in tow....as well as alot of vinyl for grab bags.

Can I do nasty things to the Cary gear in the back seat?
    No excuses!
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2006
    Options
    As long as you wear a condom, she's a virgin.

BMDP - Would you be able to take a couple boxes of vinyl down with you? I won't have room for all of it and the bags/gear.