• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    zdhrgqknkfd9.jpg

Target practice with … tubes?! 😳
    Sure!
    There's a whole population of vacuum tube types that we call plinkers -- and that's exactly why.
    The archetypal plinker, from my perspective, would be the 1B3. High voltage rectifier for early (into the early 1960s) black and white televisions. Zillions manufactured over a period of decades. Essentially useless for any other application, and not capable of the voltages required for color TV: the quintessential plinker.
    Lemme know if any of you would like some for target practice. ;)

d3hge4ovvqn5.png
    NOT mine; rando eBAY auction image. B)

• mhardy6647
    edited January 2
    Options
    ^^^ Lovely cargo. Kinda puts the car in cargo, come to think of it.

Meanwhile, in Canada, our spunky neighbour to the north*
    94dlyjfvda9g.jpg
    Options
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    0x23o1yd0mib.jpeg

fiddy-six Buick Centurion show car. B)

https://sloanlongway.org/buickcenturion/
    (seen on audioasylum)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    Ugh
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    ly!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • mhardy6647
    edited January 2
    Options
    For comparison, a scan of a found photo, taken by me ca. 1973, of the aft-end of my parents' 55 Buick Special and a bit of the passenger door of my father's '66 Econoline.

v6sh0myuk26n.jpg

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    06aij8q9acxx.png
    ah!
    dude. that's creepy.

I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    hyfjo0zo3vv6.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    edited January 3
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Super cool!!!

kiur478s2gj9.jpg

Flight Engineer console from an early-build 747?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    ^^^ Lovely cargo. Kinda puts the car in cargo, come to think of it.

Technically it should be car-fly….
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    Options
    yfrnkf7u2qkc.jpg
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Stop it, Geoff. Unless... are you considering exploring... The Dark Side...?
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    Ouch
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    Options
    95% of all EV's are still on the road.....5% actually made it home.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    kcx8w8spb0lw.png

Todays college graduate!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,510
    Options
    Yakuzas love Pioneer.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    mtlnfzehqqwe.png

Buy a Ford,buy the best, drive a mile,walk the rest.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    Options
    I go to see my boys today, pick up a cable, order a cable, and I'm met at the door like this...."Geoff, you come into exchange your Kanta's for the Utopia's??" I said, WHAT?? Look, I don't even want to see em....well, I had to take a look.....

gj98571eaft1.jpg

3q1k3jbchujj.jpg

l1lvwzsnr0oj.jpg

Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman