Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,631
    Options
    o1ef4mj4keed.png

From the Studer/Revox friends page.

I must say, this the first time I've seen a cover for the reels and heads.
    Impressive!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,631
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    jbdygjgo2onf.jpeg

Sad to say the least..

Well hell, they don't want to ruin the "good" names of all their other SUV's they have now.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,958
    edited December 2023
    Options
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    oiammpkidoqt.png
    1967 Toyota 2000GT. The most expensive and collectable Japanese car in the world. 351 units sold worldwide and only 62 made their way to the US. One of these sold for about $1.2 million USD in 2013.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    Never knew this road existed. About 180 miles north of Atlanta. Charlotte guys?

Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap with 318 curves in 11 miles: America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.
    mbhubooo60s5.png

qposk0zhkd1s.png
    https://tailofthedragon.com/
    Designated US 129, the road is bordered by the Great Smoky Mountains and the Cherokee National Forest with no intersecting roads or driveways to hamper your travel. It is considered “the destination” for thousands of motorcycle and sports car fans throughout the spring, summer, and fall. Can you brave it? It’s best to be cautious as the turns are tight, but the Tail of the Dragon is guaranteed to be the ride of your life.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,165
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    o1ef4mj4keed.png

From the Studer/Revox friends page.

I must say, this the first time I've seen a cover for the reels and heads.
    Impressive!

AND......it's the first time I've seen tied wheat straws on speaker stands.......also impressive....

:D
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,405
    Options

Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap with 318 curves in 11 miles: America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.
    mbhubooo60s5.png

qposk0zhkd1s.png
    Designated US 129, the road is bordered by the Great Smoky Mountains and the Cherokee National Forest with no intersecting roads or driveways to hamper your travel. It is considered “the destination” for thousands of motorcycle and sports car fans throughout the spring, summer, and fall. Can you brave it? It’s best to be cautious as the turns are tight, but the Tail of the Dragon is guaranteed to be the ride of your life.

Thise who have come down to Carverfest with motorcycles, ride this often. It isn't that far from the event. Very famous road.

Lots of deaths though, unfortunately.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,484
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »

mbhubooo60s5.png

qposk0zhkd1s.png

Thise who have come down to Carverfest with motorcycles, ride this often. It isn't that far from the event. Very famous road.

Lots of deaths though, unfortunately.

Tom

Yeah, they've even got the "Tree of Shame"
    cj55zi3zcby9.png
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,021
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I have been detailing the 95 some more. The engine bay looks like new again too.

I also took the windshield trim off and replaced the rusted trim mounting clips after a thorough cleaning of the 30 years of hidden debris under it all. Thank God there was only a minor spot of rust beside one trim clip peg up high by the roof on the passenger side. I put some silicone on it for now.

This project/job was so easy to do. I should've done it many years ago.

o5vlakj1h4ef.jpg

w8slywc34nrz.jpg

joc26odi180b.jpg

3m8vep0nu6k9.jpg

bnaj1ch79e6n.jpg

yjczl93yq48j.jpg

8efz2y8ul2po.jpg

8057r56v6dnv.jpg

g5ongl91d16u.jpg

e0y5bz6o8d11.jpg

vm9f9z2m2tfw.jpg

euz7r4xrt8ps.jpg

asjwaaumlls2.jpg

wh3wumil25o7.jpg

lcn73tidsqzs.jpg

Such an easy job to do with the trim removal tool. And it's so cheap too. 20.00 in parts and the tool.
    2g283yixjcee.jpg

Next job on this truck is to replace the Radiator core support and related rusted mounting supports for the front end of the truck. That's a HUGE job... :s

This is a very similar video of the job on the same year fords but the 250 or 350 Diesel. It's almost the same.

It'll be a Job but I think I'll try doing it... B)
    https://youtu.be/hJLhR9G1hDo

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,133
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Very nice work, but did you take the time to sand and paint those areas to prevent further rusting?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,405
    Options
    On Christmas day too.

Don't knock a man down today. Perfect is one thing. Restoration at any level is another, John. Damn....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,021
    Options
    Very nice work, but did you take the time to sand and paint those areas to prevent further rusting?

Not at this time. It only takes about 10 minutes to take the trim and clips off. I'll look into doing that in the spring or summer. Thanks for the compliment. That "95' has been another hobby of mine since "96" when I bought it.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,165
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    q3lvejghz79h.jpeg

I did not know Bowie was mom!!! :#
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,109
    Options
    b7i9vggjfqls.jpg

1972 Penneys catalog.

• SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,518
    edited December 2023
    Options
    A blustery winter's day in 1967 with a westbound train heading to Chicago as it passes the Queen City station in Cumberland, MD. Notice the Union Rescue Mission next-door to the Queen City Tavern, get on the wagon and fall off the wagon without getting too cold.

8q8k2tsua4j1.png
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,157
    Options
    A blustery winter's day in 1967 with a westbound train heading to Chicago as it passes the Queen City station in Cumberland, MD. Notice the Union Rescue Mission next-door to the Queen City Tavern, get on the wagon and fall off the wagon without getting too cold.

Brilliant !!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    Options
    rg0xphi4bqdq.png
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds