Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,129
    62oryovglkk9.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,354
    Tony M wrote: »
    jhfi8s2wcomi.png

Gonna call BS on this one… it Says nothing at all about shopping or credit cards.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,414
    Ya and you got to read between the lines too!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,429
    wb3fp9cocu6y.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,275
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    i7j96xcbevd2.jpg

Thurston County in NE Nebraska, near Pender.

That's one heck of a front yard! I hope you have a big battery for your electric lawn mower
    😁🤣😁🤣
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,627
    Wanna feel old?

9amvy2srp209.png

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    Is that Flea sitting down on the right?
    I disabled signatures.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,833
    I can remember my first skate board...homemade deck and metal roller skate wheels... no pads lots of road rash the great ole days.....

• msg
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    l0meb06mt5bb.png

@pitdogg2 - "IT'S A SLEDGEHAM... AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!"
    ab5973rkrvz8.png

I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,275
    edited September 2023
    I never had a big wheel, they were too expensive. I definitely would have launched one had I been able to.
    I built ramps just like those to Evel Knievel over garbage cans, you know I did!
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,822
    I about died on my Big Wheel. Notice I didn’t say my Big Wheel tried to kill me. I was well aware I was doing stupid chit even back then!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • msg
    I never had a big wheel either. We lived in Spain when they were around, maybe even on the decline, an the ones I got a chance to ride were already jacked up. Wheel skid-holes, no treads. It was like a train trying to gain traction. They were incredibly fun for pushing your friends to out of control speeds on across or down various terrain of differing levels of danger. I bet every one of us needed chiro at some point.

And then this one had these weird loose pedals on it, which I was riding barefoot. I went home that night with a bunch of weird cuts and blisters on the outsides of my feet. I think it was those press-on rod caps for the pedal "axle". Other than that, FANTASTIC FUN!

When did the Green Machine come out? Was that late 70s, early 80s?
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    I about died on my Big Wheel. Notice I didn’t say my Big Wheel tried to kill me. I was well aware I was doing stupid chit even back then!
    Look, a kid's gotta learn his limits, and this is how it's done.

Big wheels. Ramps. Slingshots. Trash bag parachutes. Eating weird fruit off of trees. Cracking open a cactus to prove that it's how cowboys survived in the desert, because a cactus has a lot of water in it, and then three days in and out of consciousness and delirium, and wandering out of the house toward the end of it, and falling into a construction hole in downtown Cadiz on some dug up dirt road where they were replacing a water main but the workers were off that day so no one was around and luckily I was able to climb out with my sore arm.

Kids these days. They'll never have these experiences. I feel sorry for them!

I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,985
    The original Big Wheel was introduced in 1969 and sold by Marx until 1981. The Green Machine was introduced in 1975. Both are still available in some form or another. Ownership rights and/or patents seem to have changed hands several times over the years.

I never had either one. Or that Marvel Mustang I wanted in 1970. I did, however, have a green Schwinn bike with a shifter and a few other cool doo-dads. Sort my "Green Machine". :p

seq9j0rdi2lt.jpg
  • msg
    I had one of those stupid Schwinns. Mine was just a Sting-Ray, though, and had a dumb motorcycle sound grip twist on one side.
    1msfdtp818ip.png

Also, it was what my dad got me at the base thrift store after my good bike was stolen out of our foyer by some gypsies, and I had to ride that stupid bike until next Christmas. It was beat up, but my dad painted it up pretty nice, and put on electrical tape stripes. Pretty cool, except for that noisemaker grip thing. At least I had a bike. My friend Chuckie had to run beside me everywhere we went.

I don't remember any kids actually using the hand grips on Schwinns back then. they always just gripped the bars at the bend before the grips. The grips always slid up to that bend, it seemed. I managed to open my chin up to the tune of 21 stitches on one of the rusty bar ends after launching off a dirt jump and getting sideways, and crashing pretty hard. Ruined my Superman t-shirt that day, bleeding all the way home.

I got a new bike out of it, though, and 2 weeks later I got in trouble when my dad came out looking for me one night, and caught me jumping ramps again. I really got it when we got home and he told my mom.

Those days were the BEST!
    I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    HAHAHAHA I had totally forgotten about those Raw Power things. Someone I know had one.

I do, however, remember your friend Chucky Margolis. He once told a story about how you gave him a hickey. :#

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGvgNCq-DzE
  • msg
    edited September 2023
    Viking64 wrote: »
    HAHAHAHA I had totally forgotten about those Raw Power things. Someone I know had one.

I do, however, remember your friend Chucky Margolis. He once told a story about how you gave him a hickey. :#
    ^^^ dude. that isz... disturbing
    and also funny one you get past the creepiness, lol.

some great one-liners in there > I'll even break your dog's paws!

The Hudson Brothers. Never heard of them. Wiki says they were musicians and comedians, and regularly round-robin'd Cher backstage. Lucky bastidges.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    daddyjt wrote: »
    kwq6rgpikyd2.png
    We need more reactions for the forum!
    Love this one.

Especially love it when I'm corralled in by the slow driver in the fast lane, and the slow driver in the lane to the right, pacing the driver in the left lane!

When I'm on two wheels... well, just never you mind about two wheels, but it sure would be nice to carry pocketsfull of ...

Hey, what was that tabletop game from the 70s or 80s that was like a sort of small, vertical fake pinball, with one flipper and basin of little steel balls?

I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    msg wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »

^^^ dude. that isz... disturbing
    and also funny one you get past the creepiness, lol.

some great one-liners in there > I'll even break your dog's paws!

The Hudson Brothers. Never heard of them. Wiki says they were musicians and comedians, and regularly round-robin'd Cher backstage. Lucky bastidges.
    They had a pop hit or two and also had their own morning variety kids show on CBS in the mid-70s.

Goldie Hawn had a kid with one of them who is a pretty well-known actress. (Kate Hudson)
  • msg
    wow!
    I disabled signatures.
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    msg wrote: »
    My friend Chuckie had to run beside me everywhere we went.

Dude, that's terrifying. :o

• msg
    edited September 2023
    Haha, what's so terrifying about it? He was a good runner!

Lol, Chuckie didn't have a bike, but he was spoiled because his parents split up, so his mom bought him a buncha toys. He had all the full size Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica figures. Personally, I preferred the beater bike :D

This other time, we were playing with fire. Nothing major, just a little thing in an old coffee can or something. He was supposed to be the lookout. I'm sitting there getting a really nice little one going, and talking to him over my shoulder, "Hey Chuckie, look!" And then I realize, there's no answer from Chuckie. And I look back - no Chuckie. Chuckie's gone. Chuckie had abandoned his post atop the lookout wall. Then I turn back 180°, and here comes my dad storming across this abandoned lot we were playing in with this look of thunder on his face. I got dragged home by one arm, off the ground, getting smacked like a piñata.

Frickin' Chuckie.

I might've been partly responsible. We were set up pretty much within clear line of sight of the living room window, and my dad was like friggin' Eagle Eyes. He knew everything were were gonna get up to before we had a chance to think it up because he'd done it all and worse, lol Clearly I needed more practice.

Spain was fun!

I disabled signatures.