Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,629
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I’m afraid to stand up for a while after just looking at the pic!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 306
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    l4uvkiaj5hxg.jpeg

The chromosome deniers ain't gonna like this one. Bwaaahahahaha!
    My stepdad used to pour used oil around the perimeter of our back yard along the chain link fence to stop weeds from growing. Worked like a charm.

I've been doing that for years for the neighbors weeds. I figure I'm returning it to the earth where it came from. I told this to the girlfriends tree hugging family recently to make their heads explode.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    fkt9eapelm7j.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    l4uvkiaj5hxg.jpeg

The chromosome deniers ain't gonna like this one. Bwaaahahahaha!
    My stepdad used to pour used oil around the perimeter of our back yard along the chain link fence to stop weeds from growing. Worked like a charm.

Here's my logic; if oil comes out of the ground anyway, what harm does it do putting it back? So long as it's not being dumped near a water source.
  • Keiko
    Options
    fkt9eapelm7j.jpeg

Now that's bad. :D
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,958
    Options
    d45xw1jnws4f.jpeg
    8cuamdquwpsj.jpeg
    bzzc3mcoti72.jpeg
    iomtz8rghsf4.jpeg

Guess I should just start a build thread..

• bcwsrt
    Options
    hyoaqepzs64h.jpeg
    Brian

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,522
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    g06qmq9db8cy.jpg

New Batmobile?
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,137
    edited August 2023
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    wdz9eqkiek98.png

(ASR)

What bothers me the most is that they could not even keep a straight line across that top edge of the blue tote where it goes into that corner. What a bunch of hacks,
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    d45xw1jnws4f.jpeg
    8cuamdquwpsj.jpeg
    bzzc3mcoti72.jpeg
    iomtz8rghsf4.jpeg

Guess I should just start a “FOR SALE” thread..

Fixed…🤣🤣🤣
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Keiko
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    g06qmq9db8cy.jpg

New Batmobile?

Looks like a 69 Camaro. One of my favorite classics. This is one slick machine. Keiko likes! B)
  • Keiko
    Options
    @bcwsrt - How about an Alien Xenomorph Facehugger for your next meal? I've had 'em on a stick! ;)

wxj8dl1dbv0k.jpg
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,714
    Options
    g06qmq9db8cy.jpg

New Batmobile?

Looks like a 69 Camaro. One of my favorite classics. This is one slick machine. Keiko likes! B)

Although the grille does resemble a '69, it seems to be a custom grille, as it is wider (higher) in the middle.

The creases in the fender, door, and rear quarter match '67s and '68s, but not '69s.

The '67s have a vent window in the door and the '68s do not. '68s have side marker lights and '67s do not.

Still, there is such a level of custom work on this car, it's pretty hard to say for sure what year it is.
  • msg
    Options
    60-cough-cough-cough
    Okay then. That's it.

I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,426
    Options
    tbvkggslb4yj.png

My first thought was that this is cool. My second thought is how in the heck would you clean it? It sho'do look nice now but in that setting? Oi. It wouldn't take long to look bad...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    g06qmq9db8cy.jpg

New Batmobile?

Although the grille does resemble a '69, it seems to be a custom grille, as it is wider (higher) in the middle.

The creases in the fender, door, and rear quarter match '67s and '68s, but not '69s.

The '67s have a vent window in the door and the '68s do not. '68s have side marker lights and '67s do not.

Still, there is such a level of custom work on this car, it's pretty hard to say for sure what year it is.

It looks to be a ‘69 shell with ‘68 front fenders and a custom front. The vents are there on the rear quarters if you look at the image on a big enough screen. The ‘69 fenders would not have worked well with those flares.

• Keiko
    Options
    g06qmq9db8cy.jpg

New Batmobile?

It looks to be a ‘69 shell with ‘68 front fenders and a custom front. The vents are there on the rear quarters if you look at the image on a big enough screen. The ‘69 fenders would not have worked well
    with those flares.

Whichever year it is, it still looks bad@ss. Maybe it's the ride Johnny built, One Piece at a Time. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=060A15ELz00

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,714
    Options
    g06qmq9db8cy.jpg

New Batmobile?

It looks to be a ‘69 shell with ‘68 front fenders and a custom front. The vents are there on the rear quarters if you look at the image on a big enough screen. The ‘69 fenders would not have worked well with those flares.

After viewing it on a larger scale, I believe it isn't a real car, but just an artist's interpretation of one. There are several photo editing artifacts visible.
  • Keiko
    edited August 2023
    Options
    g06qmq9db8cy.jpg

New Batmobile?

After viewing it on a larger scale, I believe it isn't a real car, but just an artist's interpretation of one. There are several photo editing artifacts visible.

Too bad. I woulda liked taking that bad girl out for a drive. Too sexy to be real. BLAH! :p

• msg
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    pjzapzr1pax4.jpg

My first thought was that this is cool. My second thought is how in the heck would you clean it? It sho'do look nice now but in that setting? Oi. It wouldn't take long to look bad...

Tom

My first thought was, Sweet! Get me in there, and where's the throttle? I hear Kenny Loggins.

Second, *you* wouldn't clean it. You'd have crew for that. And pretty sure @mantis has product to keep it looking tight.

But yeah, that whole place would need some serious regular care. It's prob AI.
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    7rsu0dwjesot.jpeg
    Brian

• Keiko
    Options
    ^^^^^WAAAAAA!^^^^^
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    l4uvkiaj5hxg.jpeg

Growing up in Iowa the counties would collect it and spray it on gravel roads for dust control. Not much more polluting than the asphalt that covers roads all over the world.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,560
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    l4uvkiaj5hxg.jpeg

Growing up in Iowa the counties would collect it and spray it on gravel roads for dust control. Not much more polluting than the asphalt that covers roads all over the world.

I remember that. Driving on gravel roads t any real speed was hairy.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,915
    edited August 2023
    Options
    g06qmq9db8cy.jpg

New Batmobile?

Yes, here's a picture of A 68 Z/28 you can compare to. Mine was the same color combo.

5674f220ppf2.jpg

Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    pjzapzr1pax4.jpg

Tom

My first thought was, Sweet! Get me in there, and where's the throttle? I hear Kenny Loggins.

Second, *you* wouldn't clean it. You'd have crew for that. And pretty sure @mantis has product to keep it looking tight.

But yeah, that whole place would need some serious regular care. It's prob AI.

Just apply wintergreen oil cut with isopropyl alcohol and be done.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,488
    Options
    foftgb4agpuu.jpg
    lmcnjpc0b3aq.jpg
    4vl7mbanbhm5.jpg
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    Options
    Got up to camp (65 miles west of Canadian border) & decide to sit outside & get some reading time in. I sit down & look up & there she is. Beautiful. Less than 40ft away. I have moose deer coyote rabbit & tons of birds that come & visit often. My game cams snap shots often. Mommy is much bigger & when I come out she snorts like wtf you doing on my property
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    Options
    bta4l6p40i47.jpg
    Randy/Maine