Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,103
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Deep Purple's Jon Lord from 1971. There seems to be a hand made AM antenna on the top shelf and numerous vintage audio gear. A Revox A77 on the lower shelf and a Sony preamp/integrated amp to the right.

dtamdv6erqbx.png

The chrome-plated components are E.H. Scott (not HH Scott). EH Scott was about the equivalent of Dusenberg in the golden age of radio. :)

4nfnawqtc8mj.png

• mhardy6647
    edited August 2023
    Options
    The four knobs on the component he's manipulating ;) reminds me of a harman/kardon Citation 11 preamp -- but the rest of it doesn't look quite right. Given that "we" are probably in the UK, it is more likely something European -- but offhand I don't know what. :p

b9yyv7gg4cj4.png

I thought at least one of the tts would be a Garrard 301 or 401 (or a Thorens TD-124) -- but neither appears to be any of those.

• SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    I had a Citation 11 preamp. I was measuring the RIAA curve on it and found one channel was off in the bass response. I send it to H-K and they verified that a resistor was not correct. I think I sold it when I went to the ARC SP3a preamp. The turntable on the right looks like it has an SME3009 with (probably) a Shure V15. I thought the component to the left of the Sony might be a Kenwood component oscilloscope.

584glsrv0lvg.png
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    The integrated amp looks to be a Sony TA1120 which I had as part of a three amped system:

kyhov0tgvf4b.png
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,519
    edited August 2023
    Options
    The component on the top shelf to the right of the turntable could be the Philips N2401 cassette changer.

jgi4vbjo3iol.png
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,635
    Options
    The component on the top shelf to the right of the turntable could be the Philips N2401 cassette changer.

jgi4vbjo3iol.png

New one on me, I've never seen nor heard of that critter. :#
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Whatcha building brah ?
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,628
    Options
    gfyk49ga7fv8.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • pitdogg2
    Options
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,517
    Options
    Eliza Dushku... [gush]
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    24ui8ipujusz.png

I disabled signatures.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,024
    edited August 2023
    Options
    lro7vtw29vox.jpeg

I'm missing the hidden message / joke... :s
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    lro7vtw29vox.jpeg

You're kidding right?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,363
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »

last8p8txr4y.jpeg

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,024
    Options
    Good god! :D

Now if there was an empty space where the Y WAS... I would've gotten it...probably. :p
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,958
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Whatcha building brah ?

I am in the slow process of murdering a set of 7's
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,088
    edited August 2023
    Options
    WTF: 30 cars damaged by reckless G-wagon driver in Gwinnett, police say

5tu7sp9pmo3k.png
    Patrick Humes, 37, of Athens, was charged with 30 felony counts of criminal damage to property after he was accused of hitting that number of cars while allegedly driving recklessly through a Gwinnett County neighborhood, police said.

o9393nsmdvde.png
    See the X video link in pic
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    Options

jgi4vbjo3iol.png

That or something very similar. Thanks for digging that one up, @SeleniumFalcon!. I meant to look for it, but I got distracted. ;)
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    I think one was produced under the Norelco brand also. I wonder what the device is on the lower shelf all the way to the right? It could be a cylinder player, just guessing.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    I think one was produced under the Norelco brand also. I wonder what the device is on the lower shelf all the way to the right? It could be a cylinder player, just guessing.

In those days, it would almost certainly have been sold in the US under the Norelco brand. Norelco = North American [Philips] Electronics Co. (more or less). Remember the Norelco electric razor ads that used to run when Rudolph was shown on TV every year at Christmastime?
    Nöelco

B)
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,517
    edited August 2023
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    That or something very similar. Thanks for digging that one up, @SeleniumFalcon!. I meant to look for it, but I got distracted. ;)
    o8uxvqt1y78q.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    edited August 2023
    Options
    f602otj3xbur.jpeg
    qj1l3pm9mfaj.jpeg
    aib8ed7rr26y.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Well, what do you expect when his wife in the background dressed him?

Brian

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,483
    Options
    That must be his wife behind him. He keeps them pants hoisted up so he doesn't trip wearing those Jesus sandals :)
    Randy/Maine