Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    I have Cinci and the Eagles, pronounced Egels, in the Big Game.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited January 2023
    I was at the AFC Championship Game last year, it was heart breaking to see the Chiefs lose that one. I'm pulling for them again year and get back to the Super Bowl one more time.

But....the Eagles almost look unbeatable at this point.
  • la2vegas
    Niners falling apart before halftime, 21-7 Egels...
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Eagles are just an overall better team.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    2piwe5bygy4h.png
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • la2vegas
    AFC Title game. Two heavyweights going at it!

20-20 with 2 minutes to go. Who wants it more!!!
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,527
    If Mahomes was healthy …
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • bcwsrt
    Dang, they pulled it off anyway!
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • la2vegas
    edited January 2023
    What a bonehead play by #58 on Cinci,
    cost his team big time...

Now his crocodile tears for being a stupid moron.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    KC did it, what a game.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    I’m glad KC won but they should have lost this game.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I want both the AFC teams to win and both the NFC teams to lose. I never get what I want.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I’m glad KC won but they should have lost this game.

They'll loose the next one.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I am so happy to be saving thousands by not hosting a SB party this year… can’t stand either team and don’t care to watch. B)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • la2vegas
    I am so happy to be saving thousands by not hosting a SB party this year… can’t stand either team and don’t care to watch. B)

Based on the track record of your miserable football team you will die a rich man. I mean think about the thousands of dollars you're saving all of these years. :D

I know that publicly you're not watching any games but come man enough with the charade...
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited January 2023
    I wonder which team the refs will try to help win in this Super Bowl. :s

My wife also saw quite a few holding calls NOT called last week and in yesterday's games. We just accept it's part of the elite's betting scheme playbooks.

The Chief's coach calling all those run-up-the-middle plays sure told me he was trying to lose. He wasn't even excited at the end of the game that they won...by the skin of their teeth.

He showed SOME excitement when he was on the stage to receive the trophy BUT... the guy handed him the trophy and he acted like it was covered in poo. He couldn't get it out of his hand quick enough.

Come on man! Everything is coming clearer. They (the NFL conglomerate) wanted to sell more MERCHANDISE in Cincinnati this year.

I feel the defensive penalties cost both losing teams their chances to advance. :s

This Super Bowl should be an even match.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    They need to keep the same crews together for refereeing games. Which I don't think there was any conspiracy at play....this weekend was a black eye IMO for the league.
  • bcwsrt
    I guess we'll find out soon enough. lol

zv7k53xs4ran.jpeg
    Brian

• pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,981
    Prediction time:

E-A-G-L-E-S by 2 touchdowns if not more!! 🤠
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Prediction time:

E-A-G-L-E-S by 2 touchdowns if not more!! 🤠

Definitely!!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited February 2023
    Mahomes is fun to watch Chiefs squeak by in this one by a field goal.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    I don’t give a damn about either of these teams. But it gives me a reason to get a fresh keg and smoke mounds of wings on the smoker
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Bet the first quarter under and under for the game!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I'm thinking Pennsylvania needs to sell some more NFL merchandise so the refs will favor them BUT...

That Eagles' quarterback "Hurts", can RUN...and that, I feel, will destroy the Chief's defense over and over.

So the Eagles will score over and over and wear down the Chief's defense like Pros playing a high school team.

Mahomes looked bad the last game and as I said above, the refs kept giving the Bengals momentum in a lot of "3rd down" plays by not calling holding penalties. But somehow the Chiefs won so here we are.

Can Mahomes and the Chief's offense score as easily as the Eagles will? I highly doubt it with Mahomes having limited mobility. The Chief's coach kept calling run-up-the-middle plays on every 1st down and sometimes 2nd down too in the last game. It was like the coach was in on the plan to HELP the Bengals win. Oh well...You can believe I'll be watching for runs up the middle for 0 yards gained on every chief 1st and 2nd down to tell me the coach's game goal.

I still hope the Chiefs win especially since they are the underdogs now.

Sometimes the underdogs win since they don't have that extra pressure to live up to the majority of many millions of fans who bet that you'll win. If the Chiefs lose, people bet on that. If the Chiefs win, then the team wins and all those players and their fans' hearts are enlightened because they overcame the doubters and corrupt refs.

If the refs help Mahomes and the Chiefs win, they want to promote the "keep trying to push through the pain and achieve greatness" life stories. ;)

5 hours away. :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    frqbb9n3nu32.jpg
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Bring a Missouri native I've been a Chiefs fan since before their first Super Bowl win in 1970. My son and I were fortunate to have witnessed their second SB Win in 2020.

9sldc201ozrf.png

I just hope for a good, clean game that is well officiated and no serious injuries.

And of course, a CHIEFS Victory :D

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Enjoying the game so far.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Yup very very entertaining
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • la2vegas
    The fat lady has sung...