Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Options

Comments

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    This thread is probably only meant for teams in the playoff hunt, but let me say that my TN Titans have really screwed the pooch by firing Mike Vrabel, and letting Derrick Henry walk.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    I hate that players have become a commodity. Very few teams believe in family or devotion any more. I mean Bill Belichick of the world famous Patriots after a couple of bad years got run off. WTF!?!? Don't get me wrong, I fkin hate the patriots but... Really?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    I hate that players have become a commodity. Very few teams believe in family or devotion any more. I mean Bill Belichick of the world famous Patriots after a couple of bad years got run off. WTF!?!? Don't get me wrong, I fkin hate the patriots but... Really?

That’s the problem with sports in general. Over the past 10 or so years, every sport - football, basketball, nascar, ufc, etcetera - have become unwatchable because the players have become overpaid d-bags have have nothing but contempt for their fans. I read a story a year or so back that MLB players were charging 10 year old kids $60 for an autograph(!), and THEN not claiming the income on their taxes…
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »

That’s the problem with sports in general. Over the past 10 or so years, every sport - football, basketball, nascar, ufc, etcetera - have become unwatchable because the players have become overpaid d-bags have have nothing but contempt for their fans. I read a story a year or so back that MLB players were charging 10 year old kids $60 for an autograph(!), and THEN not claiming the income on their taxes…

Absolutely!! And really gets me is the behavior of the NFL players on the field when they: recover a fumble, intercept a pass, score a TD, etc etc and they take up time acting like nonprofessionals.

Take a look back at Barry Sanders, dude was beyond amazing, unmatched in ability IMO and he was way humble. Each time he scored, he handed the ball to the ref and headed for the bench, no antics, no BS, just raw professionalism. And that's what this sport lacks...big time.
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    Thug life must be prominently on display, and the refs and league tolerate it in the name of equity and inclusion, transgender cheerleaders and all… no more for me.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    I gave up on the NFL. Never thought I would. I grew up with Lombardi and Bart Starr. Role models with integrity that a kid could look up to. Fug it. I now see it for what it is. Greed and self-centered BS. Look at Aaron Rodgers. Now the NFL is buying ESPN and also promoting sports gambling. Wot a joke. Fug it.
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 602
    Options
    Well for all those who have given up on viewing sports thank God you guys still have this on TV.

24xjx7myblke.jpg
  • audioluvr
    Options
    Players with long hair and wearing jewelry while playing pisses me off too.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 366
    Options

Not sure if this is a joke…? :D
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options

I just see it as a distraction....plus you know those gold chains they wear have to be pretty expensive...WTH??? I couldn't have anything on me when I raced, I even took off my wedding ring, didn't like the way it felt under my race gloves.....distractions man, no good.
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,279
    Options

I would think that the defense would be able to grab ahold of the long hair when try to tackle, I mean I've seen them grab jerseys before so why not the long hair, or did the NFL make a rule against it, it wouldn't surprise me.
  • CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 366
    edited January 17
    Options
    I guess I can’t imagine living a life where nfl players having long hair or wearing jewelry pisses me off :D got a lot of way more important **** to worry about

In any case, I’m pretty sure I saw a game several years back where a player got a chunk of their hair ripped out. If I’m remembering it correctly, I think the announcers basically said that’s a risk you take by having long hair, players aren’t necessarily trying to grab it but if it happens it happens.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    I gave up on the NFL. Never thought I would. I grew up with Lombardi and Bart Starr. Role models with integrity that a kid could look up to. Fug it. I now see it for what it is. Greed and self-centered BS. Look at Aaron Rodgers. Now the NFL is buying ESPN and also promoting sports gambling. Wot a joke. Fug it.

Yup - I used to LOVE the NFL - Elway, Montana, LT, Atwater… those guys were flat out exciting to watch. In todays NFL they review every other play, aren’t allowed to actually HIT, and the players would rather personally look good, than to have the team be successful. Oh, and let’s not forget Taylor Swift getting more coverage than the actual game, lol…
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• la2vegas
    Options
    Well the big game is finally here, may the best team win!
  • audioluvr
    Options
    I think they've showed Taylor Swift more than Travis Kelsey. If you played a drinking game where you'd take a shot every time the camera panned to her you'd have been dead by alcohol poisoning by half time.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• la2vegas
    Options
    He's caught one ball for one yard. She's having up to this point as much impact as he is. And it ain't much.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    I'm super impressed with the 1/2 time "act"

NOT
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,190
    Options
    I thought the half time show was well done. If it’s not your music, it’s not your music but it was entertaining
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,925
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    I thought the half time show was well done. If it’s not your music, it’s not your music but it was entertaining

Wrong, nothing to do with the music, it was very underwhelming, and I’m being nice.

Jason Derulo, and Nelly would have been a much better performance IMO, if I’m going with the same so called type of music!..

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    usher attempts to be a MJ wanna bee . . . FAIL
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • la2vegas
    Options
    Tied game with 2 minutes to go.
    Which team wants it more!
  • la2vegas
    Options
    Well...

Now we'll have to watch some overtime.
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    Wow, what a bunch of crappy curmudgeons.

The game was awesome, they hardly showed Taylor Swift (really confused by the hate she gets) and the halftime show was actually entertaining and reasonably good.

Great game overall.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    Still don't know, and don't care.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,925
    Options
    xschop wrote: »

My daughter loves KC well Patrick anyway, and Taylor Swift, so the TV was going to be on. 🤓🥸

Otherwise I wouldn’t care either!! 🤪
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    xschop wrote: »

My daughter loves KC well Patrick anyway, and Taylor Swift, so the TV was going to be on. 🤓🥸

Otherwise I wouldn’t care either!! 🤪

Patrick Mahomes, Texas boy from Texas Tech....I think they're all a bunch of spoiled brats. And here San Antonio is looking into having an NFL team......I don't know man, I don't think I'll be investing my anxiety in NFL anymore.....back to bikes I go....much less anxiety :D

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Remember when all of Philadelphia was telling Andy Reid he was a bum, he'd never win a Super Bowl and they were glad to be rid of him?

I do.

Of course Iggles fans deny it but you can actually find the headlines saying just that from all the Philly newspapers from the time.

How do you like that bum now?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    Remember when all of Philadelphia was telling Andy Reid he was a bum, he'd never win a Super Bowl and they were glad to be rid of him?

I do.

Of course Iggles fans deny it but you can actually find the headlines saying just that from all the Philly newspapers from the time.

Philly pulling that crap on Reid is just one of the many reasons I dislike the Eagles (on top of being a Giants fan...).

Reid is one of my favorite coaches of all time, combine him with Spagnuolo and it's clearly an amazing combination. I will never understand how the Giants allowed Spagnuolo to walk out the doors.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Upstatemax wrote: »
    Jstas wrote: »

I do.

Philly pulling that crap on Reid is just one of the many reasons I dislike the Eagles (on top of being a Giants fan...).

Reid is one of my favorite coaches of all time, combine him with Spagnuolo and it's clearly an amazing combination. I will never understand how the Giants allowed Spagnuolo to walk out the doors.

Baffling, isn't?

But I'm not an NFL team GM so what do I know?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!