• la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 158
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Rick88 wrote: »
    oldrocker wrote: »

Dang, wish I'd watched the game now.

They should have cued up some Benny Hill music as he ran :D

That video is hilarious to listen to. Kevin Harlan didn't miss a beat, calling it as if it was an actual play. "Pull up your pants, take off the bra, and be a man!!" :D

Has anyone condemned him for being transphobic yet?

I think you might have cast the first stone...
  • Rick88
    Rick88 Posts: 13,552

That video is hilarious to listen to. Kevin Harlan didn't miss a beat, calling it as if it was an actual play. "Pull up your pants, take off the bra, and be a man!!" :D

Probably.
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.” ~ Johnny Cash

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,915
    la2vegas wrote: »

I think you might have cast the first stone...

Well it is the poltergeist. I don't think like that. To me it was funny as heck.
  • Rick88
    edited February 12
    Wow, what a trainwreck of an organization the Houston Texans are. :o

First they traded gave away DeAndre Hopkins, one of the top 5 receivers in the game.

Then recently Deshawn Watson, one of the best young QBs in the league asked for a trade. It hasn't happened yet but almost certainly will happen soon.

Now J.J. Watt has asked for and has been granted his release.

It will take years for them to recover from the Bill O'Brien era.

https://www.nfl.com/news/end-of-an-era-houston-texans-releasing-3-time-dpoy-j-j-watt

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.” ~ Johnny Cash

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,101
    interesting take on sports ratings this year: short answer, it has little (or nothing) to do with politics:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/02/what-pandemic-revealed-about-sports/618157/?utm_source=pocket-newtab
    Living Room 2.1: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Crown XLS 1002 amp; Musical Fidelity A308; NAD M51 DAC; Sony UBP-x1000es
    Game Room HT: Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology SM450; Definitive Technology LCR2000; Definitive Technology StudioMonitor350; Mirage Nanasats; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology promonitor 800; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 8,138
    Yep. To try to shift some of the drop in viewership due ti Netflix and Hulu is manure in a handbasket
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 22,992
    daddyjt wrote: »
    It should also be noted that the article is by Jamele Hill, herself a firm believer in the new agenda. She would certainly go out of her way to absolve the leagues and athletes of any responsibility for their respective brand declines.

Bingo.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Statement V2 cartridge and Origin Conqueror Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 45,618
    The author missed the point by a universe.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Rick88
    edited April 12
    It took long enough, but Britt Reid has been charged with felony DWI in the Feb 4th crash that seriously injured 5 year old Ariel.

I searched and couldn't find the dedicated thread on Ariel, it appears it is gone?

"Analysis of the crash indicated that Reid, 36, was driving 83.9 mph just 1.9 seconds before his Dodge Ram collided with two parked vehicles on the ramp -- a Chevy Impala and Chevy Traverse, according to a probable cause statement form filed Monday by the County Prosecutor's Office.

A test of Reid's blood serum after the crash showed his blood alcohol concentration to be at .113, according to the probable cause statement. Police had previously said Reid that admitted to investigators to having had "two or three drinks" along with prescribed Adderall before the crash."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31243870/former-kansas-city-chiefs-assistant-britt-reid-charged-felony-dwi

The truck Reid was driving:

748rxn3yimr8.jpeg

The Chevy Traverse Ariel was in:

pkdw86cy9jtx.jpg

Post edited by Rick88 on

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,185
    I hope he gets the maximum sentence the law allows.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Music Hall A70.2 integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, HSU VTF-2 MK5, LSiM705, LSiM704, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Fluance RT85, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios.