50 Year Anniversary Sale | Up to 50% Off | Only for Polk Forum Members

Options

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,070
    Options
    Nope he needs to remove the wall
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,938
    Options
    I’m not going for a full Legend HT I just want the L800’s to play with in 2 channel, I’m happy with my LSiM HT setup..
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,474
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    That's what I said!
    @scubalab was starting to agree, and then his wife snatched the phone from him and started yelling at me!
    For no reason!
    I disabled signatures.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    You guys know my life all too well...
    VR3 wrote: »

Nah, tear down the house and start over!
  • Nesmith98
    Options
    Has anybody had success with using both the 40 percent off code with the 10 percent off code. It seems that it didn't work for me.
  • msg
    Options
    Did any of the codes work for you? Looks like they finally stopped the promo; the 40% promo code doesn't seem to be working now. Is that still working for you?

You had to apply one, wait for the cart price to update, then add the second code and apply it, then wait for the cart to update the discount amount. Then you could proceed.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Nesmith98
    Options
    On Sunday I put four L600's and two sets of the L900's in my cart and the 40% discount did work, but the 10% did not. I went ahead and paid without the 10% discount thru PayPal and the order did not go thru. I am currently e-mailing a sales rep back and forth for a solution.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,619
    Options
    Still a killer deal even if the 10% doesn't stack, but hopefully the sales rep can help you out.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,204
    Options
    My R300 came today! Very nice improvement in my dialog and a much more cohesive sound stage (just a 3.1 setup) for the living room setup.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    Dont forget to give polk the review they asked for, after break-in of course. :)
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    billbillw wrote: »
    My R300 came today! Very nice improvement in my dialog and a much more cohesive sound stage (just a 3.1 setup) for the living room setup.

That was fast!!!
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,480
    edited December 2022
    Options
    sgmsmg wrote: »
    @Sean_PolkAudio
    Is there a way to order and delay shipping? This is a great deal but during the holidays I will be traveling and probably won't be home when these would be delivered.

My 900's were shipped Fedex. A while back I could redirect to a local pick-up point, free, but fairly recently they changed to a surcharge. Just discovered they offer a "Vacation Hold" up to 14 days if you have an account and it will be applied for all deliveries to your address. Don't remember seeing this in the past. Holiday thing?
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,113
    Options
    Nesmith98 wrote: »
    On Sunday I put four L600's and two sets of the L900's in my cart and the 40% discount did work, but the 10% did not. I went ahead and paid without the 10% discount thru PayPal and the order did not go thru. I am currently e-mailing a sales rep back and forth for a solution.

Did this get resolved?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Nesmith98
    Options
    Nothing back yet. Here is a screenshot of the order I placed on Monday when the code was still active. And this is the same order I placed on Sunday that didn't go thru. I E-mailed bot of these screenshots to customer service but they haven't got back with me yet.

Below that is a screenshot of the PayPal payment that is "Pending".

33kg77z4w1sx.png

p3bueq36v55x.png

• warpdrive
    Options
    I wish I realized that the 10% code was stackable when I ordered. Next time I won't forget.

BTW. Does Polk provide good discounts like this regularly (i.e. extra deep discount for members only). Is following this forum (The Clubhouse) the best way to find out about "special sales?"
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    warpdrive wrote: »
    I wish I realized that the 10% code was stackable when I ordered. Next time I won't forget.

BTW. Does Polk provide good discounts like this regularly (i.e. extra deep discount for members only). Is following this forum (The Clubhouse) the best way to find out about "special sales?"

Yes it is the best place, sometimes it's twice a year, and sometimes it might only be once during the year..

• Toolfan66
    Options
    Nesmith98 wrote: »
    Nothing back yet. Here is a screenshot of the order I placed on Monday when the code was still active. And this is the same order I placed on Sunday that didn't go thru. I E-mailed bot of these screenshots to customer service but they haven't got back with me yet.

Below that is a screenshot of the PayPal payment that is "Pending".

33kg77z4w1sx.png

p3bueq36v55x.png

Did Polk send you confirmation? My payment is still pending but I can track my order through my confirmation..
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,091
    Options
    My L600's arrived today. I had them shipped to work since it's just easier. Easier paperwork/physically being there, but I still have to get them home. They came freight on a pallet. I didn't think about how much size the boxes and the packing add. They should fit in the girlfriends Escape.

We have a serious storm brewing tomorrow through Saturday. At work they will stay unless Saturday the mess from the snow storm is cleaned up.

I haven't even moved the 1C's out yet. Not sure where I can store them. I didn't expect to get these before X-mas so I'm a bit unprepared.

Super fast shipping. One of my boxes has a huge gash/tear in the side. Hope there's no damage.

I'll be rocking them before New Years for sure.

Thanks again to Polk Audio for such a great 50th anniversary sale.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Congratulations to all who took advantage of this sale.
  • msg
    Options
    The 10% wasn't a Polk advertised additional discount openly intended for stacking. The speakers were already on sale in addition to the discounts offered, so, deeply discounted to begin with,and it was sort of a loophole.

I posted that tip intending to subtly share what may have been an oversight to serve as an added incentive for established members and serious new Polk fans who may possibly have been on the fence. It wasn't meant to be exploitive.

Glad for everyone who got in on the generous Polk offered promo, w/or w/out the additional 10. There were some nice speakers offered this promo. The L and R series are definitely the best speakers Polk has released in at least the past 8 years. Should be some solid new followers, and hopefully some new forum members to hang [with], learn and contribute to the community, and argue about toe-in.
    I disabled signatures.
  • jeefAD
    Options
    Any chance of turning this back on? ;) Between sick kids and trades in the house, I've missed an amazing opportunity to join the Polk crew. Would really like to put a full Reserve kit under the tree this year. Been beating myself up for days...
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,204
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    billbillw wrote: »

That was fast!!!

At checkout it showed Free Ground Shipping (auto populated), and then it also had Free Expedited 1-3 Day shipping which turned out to be FedEx Express Saver. Why not select the faster option?
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,016
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I hope there’s some that have purchased the L800’s also have SDA SRS’s in their stable.
    Would really like to hear their take on the new SDA version vs the originals.

Read nooshin’s thread of his L800’s compared to his 1.2TL’s.
    A good read, no hold’s barred and honest.

Congrats to all who were able to take advantage of Polk’s sale…
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,607
    Options
    Well the 1.2tl's were better than the original SRS SDA sooooo, I believe you already have your answer.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,113
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Well the 1.2tl's were better than the original SRS SDA sooooo, I believe you already have your answer.

I don’t think it is quite that simple. I can easily see the 1.2TL’s, with full mods, outperforming the L800 in different situations. For my room, I believe they were too much speaker for the space and the L800 are a better fit.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Toolfan66
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Hope I get to get my ears on them soon..

• skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,016
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Was thinking more along the lines of the 1.2tl & modified 1.2tl's.
    Not which is better but a comparison would be nice...
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,070
    Options
    Stock sda is like a blanket, modded is like not a blanket
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,607
    Options
    Night and day difference between stock and modified.