50 Year Anniversary Sale | Up to 50% Off | Only for Polk Forum Members

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    edited February 2023
    He sure everything on the srt is working because parts are unobtaintium
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • polkguy1994
    polkguy1994 Posts: 54
    edited February 2023
    It will be a Rotel RB1095, RD1090, Classe SST800, Rotel Tuner, Rotel Cd/DVD SRT’s front, CS1000p center upper front with the SRT Center lower front, RT3000 rear and (2- pair) FX1000 run bi-polar in rear and di-polar on sides. (2) JL Audio Fantom 13.5 subs.

I am setting up a two channel in separate room for music with a B&K AVR307 , RT2000’s, PSW1000 sub and possibly RT55 in the mix too.

Post edited by polkguy1994 on
    I am looking for SRT Rears, seeking any information on the SRT history details to learn about this product!jjdas75rryoz.jpegw0n3asrf6chn.jpeg
  • VR3
    Congrats!

If I had the space and came across a good deal, these would be awesome piece to have on hand!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited February 2023
    I am so glad I was able to take advantage of a great offer.
    Question for the Forum members, a pair of L800’s or two pair of (9 grade) SRT’s with three controllers and the center channel?

Be aware SRT parts are unobtainable. Controllers and sub amps do fail especially as they get up there in age. It's a damn fine HT system even by today's standards.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    The SRT King has spoken B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    ESavinon wrote: »
    only 2 SRT controllers needed. The third is a spare (I would not use a front SRT pair for surround duties).

I would use 2 pairs of fx1000 for rears plus 2 extra subwoofers if you feel like shaking the foundation of your home. This setup would only comprise a 7.2 plus system. No second SRT center needed unless you have a 120inch plus projector as your screen.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • ESavinon
    If you want to go the atmos route, then I would consider the L800 for front, L400 for center, L600 for rears, L900 for atmos plus 4 svs subwoofers. The L100 can be used for discreet channels.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • polkguy1994
    polkguy1994 Posts: 54
    edited February 2023
    I would like to ask if anyone here can provide an approximate value of the three controllers and two sets of SRT's pictured above? I am still in the negotiating stages and honestly even with all my reseach I have not found it to be easy to set a price tag on Unicorn's in this condition, these are a 9 out of ten. The current care taker has been a great example of a true Polk Audio father.

In these pictures of the component mountain i am sharing, I have a complete RT5000 set up, a new/old stock FX1000 pair in there original box. The two Amps pictured are Rotel RD1090 2 channel @380 per, and the RMB1095 5 channel @200 per. Rotel RT1080 tuner, RDV1060 cd/dvd and All of this will be managed by a Classe SSP-800 Processor, I am purchasing all new XLR cables, speaker wire and etc, for the set up. I will be paying a Paulson Audio Technician to help set this system up correctly. It has turned into a project to say the least. Which is why I would like some help in pricing those SRT Unicorns. The value of this forums experience goes a long ways.

I also have two pair of RT2000, one pair of RT55, one pair of FX500, one CS400, one set of Polk Audio LS FX Series Bipole Dipole, one modified PSW1000 with a phaze linier 1100 wat amp and two JL Audio Fathom f113 13.5. I also have a B&K Component AVR307.

As a 21 year old first timer in 1985, I stumled into Clasic Stereo in Grand Rapids MI. It was there that I first seen the RT20p floor standing, I actually purchased my first set of PolkAudio DB6900 car speakers. Some years later I passed though Classic Stereo again and seen the Polk RT2000. I was hook and that day I swore to myself I would one day own a killer home system.

I actually found a pair of new/old stock RT20p still in the factory boxes on ebay in late 2009, I started searching and found a second set in Ohio in 2010. Upon arriving to the sellers home to pick up the second set of RT20p, the seller told me he had two pair of RT2000 in the boxes, I ran to the ATM and picked those up as well. I sold the two pair of RT20p, and from the sale of the two pair of RT20p, I ended up paying 150.00 for both pair of RT2000 in their boxes. I ended up matching these with the FX500, PSW 1000 (Modified) , CS400, RT55 using a B&K AVR307 to power all of it. I passed through a Sony and Marantz recievers before I go to the B&K.

In the beginning of this recent project I was leaning hard towards Focal Electra 1038 BE towers, Electra Book shelfs and the Electra sub, but something about Polk pulled me back towards this Brand, So here I am over my head back where I started almost 40 years ago, neck deep in Polk Audio brand loyalty.

k6cfc6jaca70.jpeg
    zekqju3br1j4.jpeg
    ufwj980gap50.jpeg
    1rddqcp0y8y5.jpeg

Post edited by polkguy1994 on
    I am looking for SRT Rears, seeking any information on the SRT history details to learn about this product!jjdas75rryoz.jpegw0n3asrf6chn.jpeg
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Quite the system you are putting together. I hope your room is big enough to handle all that sound and bass?

Welcome to club Polk !
    Keep us posted on your journey.
    Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • ESavinon

Any idea what those SRT’s should get price wise, two sets, three controllers and center should draw at point of sale?

Also if your recommendations for;

“I would use 2 pairs of fx1000 for rears plus 2 extra subwoofers if you feel like shaking the foundation of your home. This setup would only comprise a 7.2 plus system. No second SRT center needed unless you have a 120inch plus projector as your screen.”

Does that mean the other set of SRT’s be used in a two channel set up?
  • ESavinon
    edited February 2023
    $500 each piece if in good condition with no missing parts. I would use the other two towers as a stereo pair for music.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • Esavion

I appreciate you giving me some insight on the value of those SRT, Controllers and Center Channel in the above photos. Those are the very speakers I am negotiating the purchase value for.

I am working in some other new/old stock replacement subs and parts for the RT3000 I have, as future back ups parts on hand.

I did see a brand new single/pair of L800 Right/Left sold seperately for 1999.00 each. That is a hell of a price savings from the 2700.00 odd regular asking price. At this time I am in a dilemma on what to purchase? The SRT are renowned, but older and twice as hard to maintain if any problems arrise. The LSIM707 Floor Standing are catching my eye as well.

Have you noticed the difference in the types of Polk Audio SRT LS F/X Rears and
    Polk Audio RT F/X bipole/dipole rear speakers? The speaker cones are different in both pairs. The SRT version has a different center cone and wire post.

They are clearly different speakers, I got lucky and bought the real SRT LS F/X version.

Polk Audio LS FX Series Bipole/ Dipole;
    "A Speaker of Considerable Sophistication." Home Entertainment Magazine

Critics have acclaimed the SRT f/x rear speakers because Polk has packed an extraordinary amount of performance in a very convenient package. The SRT f/x rear speakers give you optimum performance in a wide variety of room positions. Experts agree that a diffuse soundfield gives the most realistic and exciting sound effects.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115477126015

Polk Audio RT F/X bipole/dipole speakers rtfxrc;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225329201100?hash=item3476aabfcc:g:tlYAAOSwO6tjs2CQ&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAsGFlYEtFg+aO8ysELWv28DOEoHRlOXGQsjyroNXuTYFcK6lyphdicrKiCh0MbNKWdBceovmFEls252KMyP8VeSa7Sxw1+E1tO3SqqohevJH5GNFsJv2t9lbrX2JgJbY0TOXS9P+fnNtxZCokmU5O+6h+Uzk9FhITwN6P5FipP3OPBb8AMu9MJWAutK9/ySOMKal39HgpBOvbBb0MWtHMMmGRGeJqlk0MRToxRQC3S3sq|tkp:Bk9SR9T6gpjIYQ

Polk LEGEND L800 LEFT - Floorstanding Speaker - BROWN *New $1,999.00
    Polk LEGEND L800 RIGHT - Floorstanding Speaker - BROWN *New $1,999.00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255773037087?hash=item3b8d42d21f:g:1T4AAOSwUvVizIfP&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAA4MoV4isbFT2Qk65mpYTIHdLRISkNLMSXrfkXrQuLU5ZrwuJNV6Nfd3xvRvHV8+NSuiG3uUdVB6RtCPr/4pRg3Z3Onz+Cd0o/cVjaVK6ofuaWDPnzy8URQqye5fiiD5+wjfA2KAijriiDbbdgrYdQQCdCa7q+32nPPJuKNgjuSX2ejMu8kCwC/ps2KwN21OZ7DGyZFWqzvEE8l7TuuMJV6/qHEvxISfj3K+HiZN+4+nPlkZwavMQKJ1QQbKwCGUKk47pdSZ8CKAH412dp8Nif5q67md5tAd9kfZ4XRPZzTKAl|tkp:BFBM-IKA4shh
  • Question:
    Why are these black ash priced substantially lower in price then the other sets you are showing on your eBay page?

These are priced at 1999.00 and the other black ash are 2999.00

Response:

As a company, we made a temporary promotion in Polk products.
    regards

eBay:

nexgennetwork
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    That seller only seems to have black right channel and brown left channel speakers. :#
  • VR3
    If you can find the infamous black paint.....
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,050
    edited February 2023
    Make sure the subs work. By this I mean check both the amps and the sound to ensure the spiders have not dosconnected. Common problem with rhe SRTs. I had to repair both subs on the SRTs I owned previously.

As others have said, the SRTs are a rare breed and parts are not obtainable. Personally, I sold my SRTs in favor of 2.3TLs after doing a side by side comparison. I would go with the new Legends over the SRTs. Much more simple implementation. No SDA and sub controller needed.
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • Emlyn
    Having dual Fathom subs to use in the sysem opens up possibilities for other main speakers than the SRTs for sure.
  • Sad I missed the sale! Would have definitely picked up the L800s @ 40% off.

Does Polk usually do a good Black-Friday sale?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    CJ4life wrote: »
    Sad I missed the sale! Would have definitely picked up the L800s @ 40% off.

Never.
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »
    CJ4life wrote: »
    Sad I missed the sale! Would have definitely picked up the L800s @ 40% off.

Never.

Unfortunate. Are you saying Polk's just don't go on sale, or just not for Black Friday?
  • Asked & answered….
  • skipshot12 wrote: »
    Asked & answered….

I'm assuming you mean the one or two posts in this thread that state once a year or so that Polk holds a forum-specific sale? I didn't see anything else...
  • Emlyn
    Members were wondering for the first couple of years after introduction if the Legend line was ever going to go on a discount. The speakers now regularly go on sale through authorized dealers. The forum deal was kind of in between an employee discount and a regular sale price.
  • CJ4life wrote: »
    skipshot12 wrote: »
    Asked & answered….

I'm assuming you mean the one or two posts in this thread that state once a year or so that Polk holds a forum-specific sale? I didn't see anything else...

He said Polk never had a Black Friday sale.
    That’s how I took it.
  • Well the L200 and L100 were very recently on sale at a nice discount FWIW. But as far as Black Friday I have not seen that :)
  • VR3
    Only things with Alexa have black Friday deals
  • The L600s have been out of stock for quite a while now. Does anyone know how often that kind of thing happens (or more importantly, for how long)?