50 Year Anniversary Sale | Up to 50% Off | Only for Polk Forum Members

Comments

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,957
    Ordered the L900's, thanks for the sale Polk.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Milito
    dromunds wrote: »
    Would someone please PM on how to use the two codes? Stupid question but it’s Monday morning and there’s only one box for promo code. Thanks

Sent you a PM.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    edited December 2022
    On the fence on this one. I currently have a front soundstage of LSi-7 L/R and an LSiM-704c Center.

Is the R350 a worthwhile upgrade to my current center, or a lateral move?

Or, I can also change the LSi-7s to the R100s. Then the additional 10% would kick in. How do the R100 compare to the old LSi-7? That would be under $450 to my door. Again, would this be a noticeable upgrade, or stick with what I have? As tempting and generous as this offer is, I'm happy with what I have and will probably just stay status quo.

Thoughts? Sale ends in an hour...
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 545
    @Sean_PolkAudio
    Is there a way to order and delay shipping? This is a great deal but during the holidays I will be traveling and probably won't be home when these would be delivered.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
    Thank you, Polk! This was a very nice Holiday gesture.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,518
    I for one am extremely happy and excited for everyone!

More speakers!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,931
    Thanks again, Polk! Hopefully everyone who wanted to take advantage of the deep discounts were able to! Looking forward to hearing about listening impressions especially for the L600s!
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    I sprang for the L800’s, was on the proverbial fence, but a force greater than I finally came to the fore and said DO EET.

Awesome Don! I’m pumped for you!
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,157
    I sprang for the L800’s, was on the proverbial fence, but a force greater than I finally came to the fore and said DO EET.

Congrats, we're close enough to each other if you want to sell, give me 1st dibs......lol. Not that you'll be selling them. Just covering all the angles..... 😂. In case I regret my L600 purchase.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,884
    I'd like to offer my personal, "Congratulations!" to everyone who was able to make their purchases and I would also like to offer my sincere appreciation to Polk for allowing the members at Club Polk to be eligible for such deals.

There was a time when we had almost felt "forgotten". This forum (to many of us) is more than "just a forum". To many of us, it's family and Polk has always been included in this. It's nice to know that Polk still includes the very members of this forum as part of its "family".

That's all.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,467
    edited December 2022
    Thanks Polk!

Not sure I will ever really do this but I may have remarked a couple years ago that two pairs of L800s might make a killer quadraphonic system. The concept is still interesting!

My plan is to replace the speakers in my main two channel system for the long haul with the new pair and finally displace the speakers I’ve had there for the last dozen or more years.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,115
    Emlyn wrote: »
    two pairs of L800s might make a killer quadraphonic system. The concept is still interesting!.

Would be very interesting . . . OR “as side and rear surrounds”

gm5kpe1ifvik.png
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,163
    I had the L800’s loaded and ready, passed at last minute, will probably regret it..
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I had the L800’s loaded and ready, passed at last minute, will probably regret it..

I decided to pass as well Larry, we wont be moving for another 3-4 months. I didn't want to take the chance the L800's wouldn't be a good fit in my next space, and would be well past the return window.

Maybe next year if Polk offers up this opportunity again.

• wish someone could let me know how to get that extra 10off when i load them in the cart its still shows the 40off..even though its 7pm cst
  • Toolfan66
    airgas1998 wrote: »
    wish someone could let me know how to get that extra 10off when i load them in the cart its still shows the 40off..even though its 7pm cst

I couldn’t figure that out either..

• Milito
    You hit the back button after you get your 40% or 50% off depending on what speakers you're buying and go back to where it said enter discount code and enter the 10% code. It took the 10% off.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,352
    Everyone is in for a treat when their new speakers arrive, and congrats to all that took advantage... I must say that I sincerely despise Christmas music as it takes me back to working crazy retail hours and being forced to listen to it for months on end, BUT hearing Bing Crosby sing tonight through the L800's is absolutely spellbinding. I have been mesmerized by "Bing Crosby at Christmas"... absolute Holiday Joy. I hope all of you that got the L800's love them as much as I do.

Thank you to Polk Audio for such an amazing gift that rewards our ears every time we sit in that sweet spot. May the very best of the holiday season be upon you all.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Toolfan66
    Milito wrote: »
    You hit the back button after you get your 40% or 50% off depending on what speakers you're buying and go back to where it said enter discount code and enter the 10% code. It took the 10% off.

But what is that code?

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    edited December 2022
    If anyone's still on the fence, I just checked and the promos are still active.

I wish I needed something!
    As a wise mentor once shared with me re: an expensive and unnecessary acquisition - "I ought to have my head examined."
    And a second wise mentor shared, "It's not a bargain if you don't need it."

Would love to try the L600s just to satisfy curiosity, but the L200s on the last promo were my contingency plan in case I hated the L800s. Which I don't. Still though... nag, nag, nag...
    I disabled signatures.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,499
    Milito wrote: »

But what is that code?

Not sure if it is user specific.
    Try this....

PANVSP464EIEWP
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • Toolfan66
    msg wrote: »

As a wise mentor once shared with me re: an expensive and unnecessary acquisition - "I ought to have my head examined."

Would love to try the L600s just to satisfy curiosity, but the L200s on the last promo were my contingency plan in case I hated the L800s. Which I don't. Still though... nag, nag, nag...

I did that about 10 minutes ago, I ended up pushing myself over the edge..

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,352

What did you do?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    Here's another one - PANVSP26KLBCUP

You apply one or click the links above, and they auto apply, I think.
    Go to checkout. Sign in with your account if you already have one.
    Wait for the cart to update.
    Then enter the 10% code and click Apply. You should see the second code adjust the discount.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg

Does that mean you got some?!?!?
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,518

Yes!! Congrats!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,499

You realize....if you used my code they're shipping to WA. Looks like I'm not the only one that will be setting up an L800 surround sound system. Merry Christmas to me.

But, seriously, congrats. I'm surprised it's taken you this long.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • msg
    scubalab wrote: »
    On the fence on this one. I currently have a front soundstage of LSi-7 L/R and an LSiM-704c Center.

Is the R350 a worthwhile upgrade to my current center, or a lateral move?

Or, I can also change the LSi-7s to the R100s. Then the additional 10% would kick in. How do the R100 compare to the old LSi-7? That would be under $450 to my door. Again, would this be a noticeable upgrade, or stick with what I have? As tempting and generous as this offer is, I'm happy with what I have and will probably just stay status quo.

Thoughts? Sale ends in an hour...

Still time Al!
    Go for it!
    Get your front Stage matched up!
    LSi7s are for music and take some power and volume to get going. R series are easier and will be more crisp and detailed for your HT while still good for casual music.

Al! Al! Al!
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Allllright, Al's off the hook. His front speakers are in cubbies and the R -series X-port seems to accentuate bass near walls, whereas the Power Port diffuses better.
    I disabled signatures.