50 Year Anniversary Sale | Up to 50% Off | Only for Polk Forum Members

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited December 2022 in The Clubhouse
bii9qkmn9wod.jpg

Hello everyone!

To celebrate Polk’s 50th Anniversary we are offering an exclusive offer to you, Polk forum members only!

We wanted to come up with a way to honor our true Polk fanatics with a limited time sale including 2 of our most celebrated lines: Legend & Reserve.

Most of you are already aware that we are running multiple promotions on our site, this discount will be in addition to products that are already discounted. Simply visit our site and shop for the products listed below, using the specific coupon code – and that’s it.

The details:
Sale kicks off now on 12/16 at Noon PST and will end on Monday 12/19 at Noon PST.

All Legend Series products listed below will be 40% off sale prices with coupon code LovePolk40
All Reserve Series products listed below will be 50% off MSRP with code LovePolk50

The sale only includes products that are currently in stock.

Products included in the 50% Off Reserve Sale:

R100 – Black, Brown, and White

R300 – Black and Brown

R350 – Black, Brown, and White

R500 – Brown and White

R900 – Brown

Products include in the 40% Off Legend Series:

L100 – Black and Brown

L400 Black and Brown

L600 – Black and Brown

L800 – Black

L900 - Black

Once you make your purchase and have a chance to enjoy it – we only ask that you come back to our site, PolkAudio.com to give your new speakers an honest review. Also, it would be fantastic if you were to tag us on social media with a pic or video of your new speakers – we love to chat with you here on the forum, but also want to include your feedback across multiple social platforms.

Again, this is a limited time offer available only to forum members. So don’t sleep on it. This special offer ends Monday, 12/19 at Noon PST.

We know you’re going to love your new Legend and/or Reserve speakers as much as we do, and we can’t wait for your reviews.

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Great deals! Thank you Polk, we sincerely appreciate it!
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Oooooh! Nice.

Reinforcement observation: 40 to 50 percent off current SALE prices.

Makes L600 $899 a piece (if I do math right).
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    Woot! :D
    TY!
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    edited December 2022
    Options
    whoo-hoo!

ahem.
    Respectfully opined, of course.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Awesome deals here! Thank you Polk Audio!
    Love yours. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    Yer kill’n me . . . In a good way.

Never heard them, been rock’n these Buchardt Zebras. I’m afraid the L600 would Overpower the room . . . Not sure how Tom gets away with those monsters size cabs

Was thinking about moving up the Salk line . . . but if John ditched his ‘ol SDAs for the L600s ..that’s say’n something

Truck it ... Lots to think about this weekend
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,480
    Options
    Sweeet. Undecided when I ordered the L800's during the prior Club Polk offer...now, L900's incoming. Appreciate it Polk @Sean_PolkAudio.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Was thinking about moving up the Salk line . . . but if John ditched his ‘ol SDAs for the L800s ..that’s say’n something

Fixed! :)
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,518
    Options
    Thank you, Polk management.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    For those on the fence for the L800... strike now. These are.very special speakers. They will take a while to break in, but when they do, magic occurs. After the first two months, I have had zero doubts that I made the right move in mo room.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    The L800s are tempting at that price must resist.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,050
    Options
    Noooo... Resistence is futile! Do it!!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    edited December 2022
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    The L800s are tempting at that price must resist.
    cbvrboeqr23g.jpeg

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • plastic_avatar
    Options
    Wow.

Were it another time, the L800 would be a conversation I'd have with my wife.

This kind of thing is another reason why Polk has my respect.

This is brand loyalty done right.
    The Thrifty Setups in Mah House Big thrifty stereo in the basement w/ my custom SDA-1C (built with help from kind forum members) * Beautiful 1966 MCM GE console upgraded w/ Bluetooth, Dual turntable, and Paradigm speakers in family room * Swanky 1980 Realistic system and great TEAC eq with dancing colored lights in the living room * Ye Olde college stereo in the garage
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,050
    Options
    Is 5 o'clock somewhere! Do it!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Which to get? L600 or L800? My listening room is fairly small. I am afraid the L800's will be too much. But I love my SDA's!

Guys this is a % off of the sale price for the L series. Killer deal that I shouldn't pass up.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Question for the L800 owners and others who have experienced them. My new room is only going to be 11.5' wide, but opens up into a wider 15' area. I've read where the L800's can be placed as close as 6' apart, if that's true then they might work??? I can pull them out into the room easily.

Ignore the speaker placement in the drawing...

07kzxd4trngx.png

• Emlyn
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Mine are 72 inches apart inside edge to inside edge but each speaker is also 14 inches wide or 100 inches total. My main seating area is 12 feet back but in a smaller space the speakers would be ok being a bit closer together.

If the speakers are six feet apart there would only be 37 inches free space to the sides. Not enough in my opinion because the right wall is longer than the left. Three to four feet on each side seems to work best. Although the baffle is angled I don’t think the angles quite work in that space unfortunately without the speakers likely to sound unbalanced. Room for the SDA to function right on these is about 14 feet. The SDA function is quite a bit stronger in these than the old version too.

The L600 would be a better choice I think.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I just read the set-up manual and they state 6-8" apart is optimal. If you have lots of hard surfaces with little absorption in the room then they recommend closer together.

Not saying the above advise is bad......just starting with what the manual states as I have a very specific location with little wiggle room.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    It's going to be a difficult room regardless of speaker selection, the off setting side walls are going to be an issue.
  • Emlyn
    Options
    The L800s might work adequately with enough sound absorption on those front side walls but I still think it wouldn't be a good spot for them long term.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,463
    Options
    @Mike Reeter - I'm inclined to agree with Emlyn. He really helped me work through the decision in the previous offer. This is kind of a ballsy suggestion, but if you can, maybe get both and see which you prefer. 60 day return. It would be tight timing given the time it takes for break-in/burn-in, but if you have two spaces and systems, you could run both sets of speakers. while auditioning the one set, it might work. Lots of big boxes to stash, though.

I went L800s and there are some times I felt I'd have preferred the L600 conventional speaker, like off axis lounging/reading on the couch. With the L800s, you have to be in the sweet spot. I noticed one time while off to one side of the couch, it seemed like the opposite speaker wasn't even connected. Overall though, very pleased with the L800.

Ultimately, my decision went off experience with the LSiM705, which just got swallowed in my main space, but it's biggish and wide open. I was concerned the L600 was too close in design to the 705. L600 owners are very pleased, though, and I do still wonder.

I disabled signatures.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    The L800’s are the heat, fellas......Mike, I think they would work fine in that scenario. They work well being closer together than you’d think...
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • airgas1998
    Options
    I hear the l800 black oak has a gloss front baffle...is this correct??
  • MLK
    MLK Posts: 15
    edited December 2022
    Options
    This is cool! Now I am considering moving up from my LSiM707 to the L600.

Question all: Would that be an incremental improvement or truly at step up?
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,480
    edited December 2022
    Options
    When Troy was on the fence re. his purchase we did a lot of exchanging thoughts via PM. Not discounting anyone's opinions but I trust him when he says...
    TroyD wrote: »
    The L800’s are the heat, fellas......Mike, I think they would work fine in that scenario. They work well being closer together than you’d think...

+this...
    Emlyn wrote: »
    The L800s might work adequately with enough sound absorption on those front side walls...

I didn't quote all of Emlyn but, my opinion, if you're serious about putting in the work w/respect to time, effort and targeted treatments, there is no other option if you are a true fan of SDA. <---This last sentence, I'll emphasize, is where I think most people fail in giving most speakers their best opportunity to live up to their full potential.

Ain't no other modern SDA's in a smaller footprint and, wished as we might, Polk came through w/the latest and greatest we asked for. Not so sure they'll offer another variant. From my perspective this was not only Stu's, also Polk's, SDA swan song.

To bring it back to you...
    heiney9 wrote: »
    ...But I love my SDA's!

Guys this is a % off of the sale price for the L series. Killer deal that I shouldn't pass up.

H9

In full disclosure, I have the same problem w/space you do and, unfortunately, because of renovations, life, etc...haven't dialed mine in....but, my point of view, above, I stand by in my own house, having owned a stable of vintage SDA's and from owning the 800's. And, I will "practice what I preach" when I get back the time I need. I, too, "love my SDA's".

All that said...I am a realist, there are no absolutes, so there is a chance the 800's might not work. Conversely, I think you can't go wrong w/the 600's if you ultimately decide to.
    msg wrote: »
    This is kind of a ballsy suggestion, but if you can, maybe get both and see which you prefer. 60 day return. It would be tight timing given the time it takes for break-in/burn-in, but if you have two spaces and systems, you could run both sets of speakers.

^^^+1 and it comes back to what I stated above...how serious are you to make these work/give it a shot?

Last thought...when I debated purchasing the 800's, and in one of my first posts after they were in the house, I referred back to what I'd said in the past--I'd put my money where my mouth is after years of wishing to the Polk gods. I did.

John
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • msg
    Options
    Might be able to stack an additional 10%.

If you visit the main page first and disable tracking and ad-blocking in your browser and then browse the speakers, after a short period, you'll be presented with a 10% off promo code to use on your order for signing up for the newsletter, or something like that.

You should then be able to use the links at the top of this page for the direct promo, or just browse the speakers on promo, and enter the codes above at checkout.
    I disabled signatures.
  • CottageChz
    Options
    Anyone here have ears on the R100s? I know the R200s are pretty universally loved, how do the 100s compare? Trying to get my youngest brother into hifi and he is looking into speakers. I suggested the R200s, but he said that was a bit more than he wanted to spend. I am pretty sure he would consider the 100s with the awesome deal Polk is offering here.

Very generous offer to your forum members by the way, Polk, thanks as always!
  • msg
    Options
    @ALL212
    CottageChz wrote: »
    Anyone here have ears on the R100s? I know the R200s are pretty universally loved, how do the 100s compare? Trying to get my youngest brother into hifi and he is looking into speakers. I suggested the R200s, but he said that was a bit more than he wanted to spend. I am pretty sure he would consider the 100s with the awesome deal Polk is offering here

I disabled signatures.
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,556
    Options
    I picked up L100's... and I have R200's. Neither have original crossover components now. Not really fair to try and compare them.

R200's are on a TV
    L100's are on a secondary stereo

both are good where they are.

I suspect sound between the R100's are R200's will be very similar, just less bass from the R100's.

It would be a good entry point!
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire