Never thought the day would come.....new speakers once again.

Comments

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Dayuum! Very nice . . . Congrats 🥳
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    Congrats!! WOW, very impressive. B)

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Thank you for the congrat's and complements, gentlemen. I was able to find out the differences in the speakers (somewhat)

5ls45hpqyp7l.png

Much to my surprise, they are 1Db more efficient and dig lower by 3Db. They are, (as mentioned) heavy. Close to 100 pounds heavier than the speakers I currently have and significantly bigger...obviously.

I still have yet to find what the nominal ohm rating is. I might have to contact Ty for this one....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    6 inches taller than the grande, wowzers
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    bu001doha1gl.png

Ah, ****, son!

These may or "may not" work. If they don't?

Well, we shall find something that does!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Now that’s a beautiful set of Towers ! Congratulations!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    "Trey's system (VR3) has an element to the reproductive effort that becomes hard to explain. I believe the best word would be the "scale" of the music. Both his and my systems can throw the exact size of a venue with ease but his goes beyond (and this is where it gets hard to describe). His has a presence and scale that can only be done with more displacement on the mains. Yes, the dual Rythmik F25's bring me much closer to the scale he has but I feel that in order to achieve what his rig offers, it has to be on the mains, based upon my experience listening to his rig.

So, Tom hit on one thing that is really important....and maybe the most important thing to me in a system and pair of speakers is the ability to reproduce scale and be effortless. Trey's GU's, IMO, set the bar pretty high there.....the Bozak Concert Grands were also magnificent in that respect. They had a myriad of other shortcomings but no other speaker I've owned could play so effortlessly and, IMO, that's a function of moving a shitton of air. I think it's easy to get caught up in equating how low a speaker or system will play with being effortless but it's not an exact apples to apples comparison.

Just my .02

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • VR3
    You coming up in November Troy? We should all get together for sure
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • TroyD
    Date?

We've got plans veterans day w/e but other than that....I'm good.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Congrats!!!!!!!!! I still enjoy my Highland H2's. Man, they are 50 lbs heavier than mine. Must be genetics. LOL Beautiful looking speaker.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • VR3
    TroyD wrote: »
    Date?

We've got plans veterans day w/e but other than that....I'm good.

Let's take to text, but I'm down. Tom should have these dialed in by the 64th of an inch within 24 hours of returning back to his trip. 2ilp be demo ready!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    In the words of the late, great George Grand (of the Jersey Grands) "There's no replacement for displacement." Amen.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    Sweeeet, congrats!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Are these in the house yet?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    No sir. Not this weekend but next weekend, I will pick them up.

This will be my all-time record for picking up a pair of speakers. Something like 1,500 miles round trip and a 3 day adventure.

My butt will be very sore from sitting in the driver seat for that amount of time. No two day trip this time...there WILL be a hotel stay somewhere along the way....maybe two.

I drove 11 hours one way to Ty's factory when I was younger and stupid to pick up the Linbrooks that I currently have. That ain't the case anymore.....although, I may be just as stupid. TBT.

Hopefully it's worth the drive....time will tell....

Tom

• treitz3 wrote: »
    No sir. Not this weekend but next weekend, I will pick them up.

This will be my all-time record for picking up a pair of speakers. Something like 1,500 miles round trip and a 3 day adventure.

My butt will be very sore from sitting in the driver seat for that amount of time. No two day trip this time...there WILL be a hotel stay somewhere along the way....maybe two.

I drove 11 hours one way to Ty's factory when I was younger and stupid to pick up the Linbrooks that I currently have. That ain't the case anymore.....although, I may be just as stupid. TBT.

Hopefully it's worth the drive....time will tell....

Tom

Welcome to the 1,000 mile club.... :D
    Well worth it in my opinion.

Looking forward to your listening experience.
  • treitz3
    Well, I am heading out tomorrow to go get them. Was going to bring something that offered a little bit of "protection" (we are not allowed to talk about this subject on this forum). With crime the way it is up there, I mentioned that I was going to do this to a friend of mine who has followed my audio journey for sometime at Home Depot today.

He stated that if I did? 3 years mandatory jail time.

So, I need to go into the heart of the problem unprepared? How F'd up is THAT?

Wish me luck.....had I known this, I probably wouldn't have purchased the speakers to begin with. That's too much of a gamble. Between the carjackings, robberies and crime up there compared to what I am used too in my neck of the woods? Wow.

I see now, why so many people are moving from there to here.

Tom
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    edited October 2022
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Well, I am heading out tomorrow to go get them. Was going to bring something that offered a little bit of "protection" (we are not allowed to talk about this subject on this forum). With crime the way it is up there, I mentioned that I was going to do this to a friend of mine who has followed my audio journey for sometime at Home Depot today.

He stated that if I did? 3 years mandatory jail time.

So, I need to go into the heart of the problem unprepared? How F'd up is THAT?

Wish me luck.....had I known this, I probably wouldn't have purchased the speakers to begin with. That's too much of a gamble. Between the carjackings, robberies and crime up there compared to what I am used too in my neck of the woods? Wow.

I see now, why so many people are moving from there to here.

Tom

Not sure I would agree with that. I would have done my research and had many conversations before the purchase. If you don’t feel comfortable don’t do the deal. And don’t forget I live in Texas….

2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • nooshinjohn
    Prayers for a safe, pleasurable and rewarding journey. Post pics along the way.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    You will be fine Tom
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    VR3 wrote: »
    You will be fine Tom

Yea he's too ugly to take home to mama.....

😉
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    @treitz3 - be alert and trust your gut. If you are anxious listen to yourself, don’t suppress your better judgment.

No audio gear is worth one’s personal safety.

Enjoy the trip along the way, and you just might find things go smoothly and uneventfully.

Sending prayers for your journey!

CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited October 2022
    Check out the diner’s drive-ins and dives website for good eats along the way

https://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/diners-drive-ins-and-dives

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    edited October 2022
    I had the exact same thoughts years ago when going to pick up some speakers several states away and carrying a fair amount of cash. The penalty for getting caught packing wasn't worth the risk to me either. I brought along an audio bud instead which also made for a pleasant trip. Good luck to you.
  • nooshinjohn
    Does a realistic air soft or BB pistol count as carrying? Sometimes the i illusion is all you need.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Does a realistic air soft or BB pistol count as carrying? Sometimes the i illusion is all you need.

Bad bad advice!
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Enjoy a peaceful trip!
  • TroyD
    VR3 wrote: »
    You will be fine Tom

This.

Terrible advice
  • newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 674
    Your safety really depends on what part of NY you are heading into. Most of the state is actually really nice country, farmland and stunning mountains. The "urban" areas, not so much... I mean, unless you like that kind of thing. I like Watkin's Glenn and the finger lakes region a lot, and Hancock is really nice, too. Buffalo is eh, so long as you get there during the two weeks a year that it isn't snowing. LOL
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • VR3
    Exactly... New york outsid eof new york city is literally fields.

We drove from NYC to rodchester and then over to Niagara falls maybe 6 or 7 years ago... Really great drive.

New york state park, aka, grande canyon of the east is stunning