Never thought the day would come.....new speakers once again.

Options
12345679»

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    Ivan, no way. I have, however turned them down with the addition of the "bell", as everyone seems to refer to them as.

That was surprising.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    edited June 2023
    Options
    But Tom can you correctly identify over 70% of the time the gold bowl versus this rare Gone With the Wind "Bonnie Blue" decorative painted plate, available here (as a part of a set of 12) - placed in the exact same spot?
    6eshb45ct0kh.png

Go ahead and have your wife blindfold you, and then she can swap the bowl for the plate back and forth ten times and record the results. Let me know how you do, I'll be here waiting.
  • treitz3
    Options
    No.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    Options
    There were actually 2 Woodmere series within the 15 speakers sold by Ty. The first version was mine. Taller. The second series were shorter (albeit not by much) but slightly deeper in depth.

Tom
  • engie490
    engie490 Posts: 426
    Options
    For anyone who can’t control themselves, TMR has a pair of the shorter Woodmere IIs.

https://tmraudio.com/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/tyler-acoustics-woodmere-ii-floorstanding-speakers-dark-walnut-pair/

9mapqzv406as.jpeg

Sonus Faber Liuto / Coda Continuum / Anthem STR Preamplifier / Oppo BDP-105D / Technics SP-15 w/SAEC WE-308SX & Ortofon AS-309 arms / Ikeda 9C2 & Dynavector XX2 Mk II carts
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    Dog, DM me your intentions in regard to selling these badBoys
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    Just missed it by 4 years.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • treitz3
    Options
    Please allow me to clarify. There are 2 Woodmere sizes. One of them is about 3 or 4 inches shorter than my pair but deeper. Of these, only 15 were made/produced.

Then there are the Woodmere II's. That's what is pictured above. Those are much smaller than both versions of the Woodmere. Shorter, in terms of feet. While still called a Woodmere, the Woodmere II series are a different animal than his TOTL Woodmere. Same drivers but different crossovers and different cabinets.

IIRC, theyvdid not dig down quite as deep as the Woodmere's.

Tom

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    Options
    Wood mere II uses 8 inch woofers
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Just missed it by 4 years.

True, but a search of the model shows a few listed out there...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    Options
    The Dannie Ritchie inspired products sound very different from the earlier stuff.

- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Wood mere II uses 8 inch woofers

Ah, my bad. I thought they were the 10" drivers. Thanks for correcting this for me.

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    I was able to find the rundown of the speakers listed on Ty's website when the Woodmere's were for sale. That list is below...

fqzy9taoaj39.png

IIRC, the Woodmere II's did not hit the marketplace until at or around the time the Decade Series came out. A one off speaker would be the Decade cabinets with the Seas drivers. (Below) AFAIK, these were not offered on his site, someone had to request a custom build.

oleskq9u5nbd.png

One of the differences (besides the obvious) between the speakers pictured above (the D1x SE) is that they are bi-ampable, as to where the Woodmere's are tri-ampable. Another aspect is that both of the aforementioned were available after Ty stopped using Velcro to attach the grills. Somewhere along that point in time, he switched to magnets to keep the grills on.
    VR3 wrote: »
    The Dannie Ritchie inspired products sound very different from the earlier stuff.

You got that right.

Tom