Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    treitz3 wrote: »
    7wdyxxc0n6xc.png

Tom

Holy crap, Beat me, whip me, make me write bad checks!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    7wdyxxc0n6xc.png

Tom

That's one way to keep her phone from getting wet when it rains.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    I need to be convinced that THAT is a factory color!
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    m3da9fyid5zm.jpg

Bunch of different GM greens then.

I didn't get close enough to tell if it had been repainted.

Funny though. A high school friend received a brand new 1974 Cutlass for a high school graduation gift from his parents. He special ordered it. It was really close to that same color. His was not a convertible. Very nice present!
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Lucky kid. I had a friend who got a 1968 Charger R/T (440 CI) the same way. That dates me! The pictured Olds is a somewhat peculiar yellowish green.
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,261
    inujcy0eo1k8.jpg
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    maxward wrote: »
    Lucky kid. I had a friend who got a 1968 Charger R/T (440 CI) the same way. That dates me! The pictured Olds is a somewhat peculiar yellowish green.

I got $20 and a pat on the back.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    Very cool !
    But for those like me who've never heard of a fire rainbow here's some info

https://www.scienceabc.com/eyeopeners/what-is-a-fire-rainbow.html

Sal Palooza
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    They are rare, I'll give them that. I have only seen one my entire life but it didn't look like the one above. That one is cool as all get up!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    Interesting...

o9lgq38r54x5.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    I am quite sure y'all know where this is...

llc3d75pqast.png

Tom
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    wj03c24huoce.png

Tom

TEAC reels on AKAI decks?

ilvdtpu3z0d5.gif
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited June 2022
    So -- Mrs. H had a college reunion over the weekend.
    As is my/our tradition, I went down for the day on Saturday.
    The highlight of her alma mater's reunions is a parade of alumnae, dressed in white (suffragette color, don't you know) from a start point at one of the school's grand old buildings to the grave of the college's founder. The most recent graduates carry a long laurel chain, which they sort of wrap around the gravesite. Then they all sing Bread and Roses.
    Kinda weird, but, you know, college traditions... :#

At any rate, while I was hangin' out waitin' for the parade to start - I noticed one of the campus security vehicles, which had apparently suffered a fairly benign but amusing (if puerile) bit of vandalism.

52114703947_1f465e6721_b.jpg

B)

• TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    I am quite sure y'all know where this is...

llc3d75pqast.png

Tom
    Ah yes. The mighty Mississippi!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    So -- Mrs. H had a college reunion over the weekend.
    As is my/our tradition, I went down for the day on Saturday.
    The highlight of her alma mater's reunions is a parade of alumnae, dressed in white (suffragette color, don't you know) from a start point at one of the school's grand old buildings to the grave of the college's founder. The most recent graduates carry a long laurel chain, which they sort of wrap around the gravesite. Then they all sing Bread and Roses.
    Kinda weird, but, you know, college traditions... :#

At any rate, while I was hangin' out waitin' for the parade to start - I noticed one of the campus security vehicles, which had apparently suffered a fairly benign but amusing (if puerile) bit of vandalism.

B)

No, no that's what's known as privates security.

...yeah I should apologize but I'm not gonna. 🥸
    Sal Palooza
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

B)

So they said lets get the "L" out of there, and did.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • treitz3
    I actually had to look up soda blasting. Very interesting.....may have to get me a setup! Thanks.

Tom
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited June 2022
    Since we did the refurb at the house, the concern was which media will be safer to use and environmentally friendly. Sodium bicarbonate is water soluble and there are no worries of silicosis, like with using sand. The use of proper blasting safety gear is still advised.

I used an old wool army blanket to make a U shaped backdrop to keep the soda more contained. It stayed mostly in the blanket and driveway.

Harbor Freight has some small, inexpensive soda blasters that work OK. For best results, the air compressor needs to supply the CFM demands of the blaster.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *