Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• maxwardmaxward Posts: 792
    What could possibly go wrong?
    Thorens TD-160C; Sumiko Talisman S, retipped by Soundsmith; Jolida JD9; Marantz CD-53; North Star Intenso;
    Joule-Electra LA-100; Balanced Power Technology AC conditioner;
    Odyssey Khartago monos (with most factory upgrades); Magnepan MG 3.6R
  • NotaSuvNotaSuv Posts: 3,017
    was a beautiful day to be out...heading to Playalinda today....might be some good fishing before that front rolls thru, haven't been to the beach in awhile
  • CH46ECH46E Posts: 2,962
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    was a beautiful day to be out...heading to Playalinda today....might be some good fishing before that front rolls thru, haven't been to the beach in awhile

Anything good today?
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,396
    CH46E wrote: »
    Went for a ride in my neighbors 63 Sting Ray. What a blast. Brought back a lot of memories of driving around in my dads 68 Datsun Roadster 2000. This vette has a 63 327 in it. So about 200 hp. But the car is light and feels a lot faster than you would think 200 hp could be.

g3o3xxr858h7.jpg
    opsf1fljtviu.jpg
    yfkhhuvmw90q.jpg
    ehhjer4p3afl.jpg

Yes, When a Corvette was a "real" Corvette!!
    If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 27,000
    CH46E wrote: »
    Went for a ride in my neighbors 63 Sting Ray. What a blast. Brought back a lot of memories of driving around in my dads 68 Datsun Roadster 2000. This vette has a 63 327 in it. So about 200 hp. But the car is light and feels a lot faster than you would think 200 hp could be.

g3o3xxr858h7.jpg
    opsf1fljtviu.jpg
    yfkhhuvmw90q.jpg
    ehhjer4p3afl.jpg

Yes, When a Corvette was a "real" Corvette!!

ooooh -- that'll raise some hackles! ;)

But, yeah, I am in complete and total agreement -- then again, I use a single-ended, direct heated triode audio power amplifier... so I kind of would be expected to ;)
  • MilitoMilito Posts: 1,160
    edited November 2020
    They had more horsepower than 200. The lowest was 250 hp. The highest a Stingray even had was a 427, 435 hp in later years. I believe it was 1967.

https://www.corvettemuseum.org/learn/about-corvette/corvette-specs/1963-corvette-specs/

That body was such a radical design when it came out, some people didn't like the looks of it. Kind of like the current Vette. I loved it.

Anyone remember the "Grand Sport" Vette? It was a special racing version of the Vette with a lot of weight taken out.

3lf1t6ej1uid.jpg
    yosxrwxgwiei.jpg
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Music Hall A70.2 integrated amp, B&K 4420 Reference, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, HSU VTF-2 MK5, LSiM705, LSiM704, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Fluance RT85, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios.
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 7,791
    pkhgzstj7yb9.jpg
    rpf65 wrote: »
    I’m thinking you’ve reached the point where people are afraid to open your posts.

I disabled, I am the South Carolina woman who gouged her eyes out on meth.
  • My bud had a 66 big block roadster up till a few years ago. He bought it in 68 for 3k and it still had the original paint and a Bloomington survivor. I about crapped what he sold it for, $90k. He had a lot of fun years with the car. The color wasn't very desirable though, metallic pea green with a white top.
    edited December 2020
    Just saw these amps posted @ AK.
    Makes it easy to ID the Left and Right channels, doesn't it? :)

657u9rmxvuf1.png
    https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/altec-604-in-non-ported-cabinets.939105/#post-14315637
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 11,635
    Unless you're color blind
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Unless you're color blind

Well played, sir. Well played.

:smiley:
  • maxwardmaxward Posts: 792
    Especially if you’re a sailor (or a pilot).
    Thorens TD-160C; Sumiko Talisman S, retipped by Soundsmith; Jolida JD9; Marantz CD-53; North Star Intenso;
    Joule-Electra LA-100; Balanced Power Technology AC conditioner;
    Odyssey Khartago monos (with most factory upgrades); Magnepan MG 3.6R
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 7,791
    ci7h5kqfnxit.jpg
    rpf65 wrote: »
    I’m thinking you’ve reached the point where people are afraid to open your posts.

I disabled, I am the South Carolina woman who gouged her eyes out on meth.
  • OleBootOleBoot Posts: 752
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    evt8a3q0riml.png

Or a Sherpa that was a slave of the British Empire.
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 5,617
    It’s tree stand time....

i7lz74bjtvf5.jpeg
    cso0q3xd9uf2.jpeg

“If your eyes didn’t water, it means I didn’t go deep enough” says the nurse administering my COVID19 test. She was sweet...
    ^^^^ ooh, I'd just sit there & enjoy the scenery.
    Those damn quackers would not stop flying overhead. Must be an unofficial super highway heading south. If I had a *punchy* bird round, I could have probably dropped enough to lay a 1 mile carpet from my stand to my truck.
    “If your eyes didn’t water, it means I didn’t go deep enough” says the nurse administering my COVID19 test. She was sweet...
  • maximillianmaximillian Posts: 2,166
    mrbiron wrote: »
    It’s tree stand time....
    cso0q3xd9uf2.jpeg

Doesn't seem like your stand fits in with the surroundings (too much contrast). You in Mass? I have too much work so didn't go out Monday but will probably this Saturday.
  • mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 8,289
    edited December 2020
    Ooops
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
    It’s tree stand time....
    cso0q3xd9uf2.jpeg

Doesn't seem like your stand fits in with the surroundings (too much contrast). You in Mass? I have too much work so didn't go out Monday but will probably this Saturday.

Yes, i'm out hunting my brothers property in Monson. I'm right on the edge of the field. We've talked about moving the stand for the past two years, but we constantly see deer around it, so it's stayed.

Just finished another 6hour sit. Alarm at 4:15am, hour drive gets me there for 5:45. 20 minute walk to the stand and hunkered down for just after 6am.

T'was chilly today...
  • maximillianmaximillian Posts: 2,166
    edited December 2020

Yes, i'm out hunting my brothers property in Monson. I'm right on the edge of the field. We've talked about moving the stand for the past two years, but we constantly see deer around it, so it's stayed.

Just finished another 6hour sit. Alarm at 4:15am, hour drive gets me there for 5:45. 20 minute walk to the stand and hunkered down for just after 6am.

T'was chilly today...

If the stand has been there a while and the deer are used to it then it's probably fine.

I've got a permit for zone 8. We typically do drives, but I like to sit. Didn't get anything during archery season in CT. My son and friend saw activity but couldn't get a shot. Will be hunting Christmas break / primitive more.

T'was chilly today...

If the stand has been there a while and the deer are used to it then it's probably fine.

I've got a permit for zone 8. We typically do drives, but I like to sit. Didn't get anything during archery season in CT. My son and friend saw activity but couldn't get a shot. Will be hunting Christmas break / primitive more.
    I'll get out Friday and the next two Saturdays. The stand has been there for 3 years now. We only take the top and coverings off during the winter.

I do have a one of those scary black powder (don't know if we are allowed to say that yet they are not considered a g** by federal definition) that i have never fired, but do have my primitive permit. We'll see what i do. Come over to Benson street, i have Doe frequent my backyard, but i don't have any tags. First time EVER not winning in the lottery... ;)
    Was it the non swear or referencing 2021... :D