Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,833
    All taken on Black Point Dr...Merritt Island Refuge.....10 minutes from the house.....none are mine..Its amazing the amount of wildlife seen from roadway......
    nur7le0plbg4.jpg
    cgr1o2548uo6.jpg
    0r767ezccm4r.jpg
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,129
    The metal recycling Co. here in Wilmington will not buy C. Converters. Period.

There must be an underground syndicate that buys them. The Converter Cartel.

Shame the cameras didn't catch what direction the Converter carrying guy/s came from or went toward. I would hope the complex puts up a couple more cameras now.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • 945lct3zw09z.jpeg
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.
  • When my son texted me about the theft, I got on the internet and checked for a ballpark figure for a replacement for a 2005 F150.

Hmmm...$1320 American
    Just for the converter !

They used to NOT deal in catalytic converters but checking Advance auto parts
    shows they do now
    From $269 ("Some fabrication required") to $569 (ditto) to
    $639.

Back in the day, JC Whitney, purveyor of fine auto parts and fuzzy dice, sold fake catalytic converters.
    Basically a straight through muffler.
    Could get one of those for cheap and if you knew where to get a bogus emissions test, life was good.
    Of course I'd never suggest such a dastardly deed as I'm all about saving the environment, the cost be darned ! 🙄

Sal Palooza
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,599
    Some states only look for codes set, Where I'm at, no inspections, so
    no problem! I suspect a lot of cars around here have them removed.
    Lots of street racers in the area.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,605
    ^^^

dnrvssrpg37z.jpg

Meanwhile... this just in, from good ol' audioasylum?! :D

a8pk6ii0suv6.png

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,434
    x6dcjygdldhs.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,414
    daddyjt wrote: »
    pp1pj36fcf0t.jpeg

Proves the old Sage " if first you dont succeed get a bigger hammer
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • mhardy6647
    two more from ASR...

fory2b0qv82e.png
    (ouch)

y59aao0oqb6v.png
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,414
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    two more from ASR...

fory2b0qv82e.png
    (ouch)

y59aao0oqb6v.png

Now you know why he walked funny
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • mhardy6647
    4j2g92lblmt1.png

Artist's conception of new interior design for aircraft following the proposed Spirit/Frontier Airlines merger.

:#
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,281
    4j2g92lblmt1.png

Artist's conception of new interior design for aircraft following the proposed Spirit/Frontier Airlines merger.

Hey larger windows, what's not to love about that?
  • mhardy6647
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    4j2g92lblmt1.png

Hey larger windows, what's not to love about that?

enhanced legroom, too...
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,560
    I flew Spirit once back to Chicago for my nephew's wedding right at the beginning of the pandemic. Delta would keep an empty seat between passengers not together. Not Spirit. We were packed in there like sardines and the seats were made out of plastic. I'm convinced, if we were in a crash, all the seats would break off and all the passengers would end up in a heap at the front of the the plane. I like saving money just like the next person but I'm not a fan of Russian Roulette.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,136
    sqkae8wmndco.jpg

This happened locally today. Could have been worse. Just bags of insulation.
    Probably a muffled sound.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,560
    edited February 2022
    That was a panel/box truck. I'm sure it made a "CRASH" then the sound of the driver shipping himself.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,136
    I took the photo from local TV news web page. Looks like a straight truck 16-24'. These trucks use the large bags of insulation and have a truck-mounted blower and long hoses to blow insulation into attics.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,281
    he's gots some splainning to do....
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,457
    edited March 2022
    kj20f1e8jyft.png

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *