Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    4jj0y14daozn.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited February 2022
    Options
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I filled my trucks' gas-tanks, and the cost was over 80.00+. So, I ordered keyed caps to help keep the gas in my tanks.

I also, just because I had some free time and felt good and the weather was still warm, I sanded and painted the caps after they arrived. 15 pictures maybe of the steps. Came in to download...the memory chip card was out. :s The Cannon doesn't do cable connections anymore on this model. WIFI only. I don't know how to do WIFI stuff, so I've just been removing the card, putting into my PC and then replacing it back into the camera. It's no big deal at all.

I have tried to clean the gas-tank filler areas and doors for 30 years. The past few years or a lot longer, the area wouldn't begin to come clean. I walked past the cleaner's area in the back room getting the primer and blue sparkle paint. So I grabbed 2 cleaners. 409, and Bleach White.

The 409 surface and something cleaner started to clean the dark black stains if it sat for a moment before wiping it off. YEA! Finally found something. I've had this 409 for 10+ years too, and never tried it. It was hidden in a rolling cabinet table :D .

There was tape covering the key slot on top and covering the bottom screw base of course when I put the memory card back in. I then forgot to take pics of the "custom caps" after I removed the tape.

They do look like they came with the truck now. B)

14il6g3cai79.jpg

9xmhx1gerkkh.jpg
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    I filled my trucks' gas-tanks, and the cost was over 80.00+. So, I ordered keyed caps to help keep the gas in my tanks.

I also, just because I had some free time and felt good and the weather was still warm, I sanded and painted the caps after they arrived. 15 pictures maybe of the steps. Came in to download...the memory chip card was out. :s The Cannon doesn't do cable connections anymore on this model. WIFI only. I don't know how to do WIFI stuff, so I've just been removing the card, putting into my PC and then replacing it back into the camera. It's no big deal at all.

I have tried to clean the gas-tank filler areas and doors for 30 years. The past few years or a lot longer, the area wouldn't begin to come clean. I walked past the cleaner's area in the back room getting the primer and blue sparkle paint. So I grabbed 2 cleaners. 409, and Bleach White.

The 409 surface and something cleaner started to clean the dark black stains if it sat for a moment before wiping it off. YEA! Finally found something. I've had this 409 for 10+ years too, and never tried it. It was hidden in a rolling cabinet table :D .

There was tape covering the key slot on top and covering the bottom screw base of course when I put the memory card back in. I then forgot to take pics of the "custom caps" after I removed the tape.

They do look like they came with the truck now. B)

14il6g3cai79.jpg

9xmhx1gerkkh.jpg

You know what one cordless drill and sawzall and both gas and catalytic converters gone...
    Thank you have a good day.
    😎
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Speaking of cat converters, my son had his stolen off his 2005 F150.
    💀😡
    Sal Palooza
  • Tony M
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Hopefully I would hear the drill.

I'd definitely hear the saws-all.

If one goes to steal my catalytic Conv., I go to steal one's leg with my own saws-all or better yet, my ax. One and done.

Some wise person stated, locks are only for keeping honest people out.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    Options
    I deliver mail in downtown Rochester,NY. Last week,two of my customers that live in loft apartments,had their catalytic converters sawed off their cars. Just out of camera view,in a “secure” parking lot.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options
    All taken on Black Point Dr...Merritt Island Refuge.....10 minutes from the house.....none are mine..Its amazing the amount of wildlife seen from roadway......
    nur7le0plbg4.jpg
    cgr1o2548uo6.jpg
    0r767ezccm4r.jpg
  • Tony M
    Options
    The metal recycling Co. here in Wilmington will not buy C. Converters. Period.

There must be an underground syndicate that buys them. The Converter Cartel.

Shame the cameras didn't catch what direction the Converter carrying guy/s came from or went toward. I would hope the complex puts up a couple more cameras now.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    945lct3zw09z.jpeg
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    When my son texted me about the theft, I got on the internet and checked for a ballpark figure for a replacement for a 2005 F150.

Hmmm...$1320 American
    Just for the converter !

They used to NOT deal in catalytic converters but checking Advance auto parts
    shows they do now
    From $269 ("Some fabrication required") to $569 (ditto) to
    $639.

Back in the day, JC Whitney, purveyor of fine auto parts and fuzzy dice, sold fake catalytic converters.
    Basically a straight through muffler.
    Could get one of those for cheap and if you knew where to get a bogus emissions test, life was good.
    Of course I'd never suggest such a dastardly deed as I'm all about saving the environment, the cost be darned ! 🙄

Sal Palooza
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    Options
    Some states only look for codes set, Where I'm at, no inspections, so
    no problem! I suspect a lot of cars around here have them removed.
    Lots of street racers in the area.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,043
    Options
    ^^^

dnrvssrpg37z.jpg

Meanwhile... this just in, from good ol' audioasylum?! :D

a8pk6ii0suv6.png

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,326
    Options
    x6dcjygdldhs.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    pp1pj36fcf0t.jpeg

Proves the old Sage " if first you dont succeed get a bigger hammer
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,043
    Options
    two more from ASR...

fory2b0qv82e.png
    (ouch)

y59aao0oqb6v.png
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    two more from ASR...

fory2b0qv82e.png
    (ouch)

y59aao0oqb6v.png

Now you know why he walked funny
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable