Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited February 2022
    Options
    And could sound like a pinwheel out the car window @ highway speeds.

If anybody here is old enough to remember those.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    I think all of us have lost it today!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    I won't say what I'm thinking about the spread. :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    Just like "the clackers" on the string. They were fun too. I clacked some more than a few times. But I wasn't CRAZY enough to test their breaking limit.
    hmefwxfg6xop.png

In the late 1960s people were playing like crazy with two small heavy balls on a string. Clackers, once set in motion made an ear-splitting sound, were super-fun, highly addictive, and sometimes would explode.

So of course they were banned.

By the early 70s, hundreds of toymakers had sold millions of clackers around the world. Clackers were similar in design to boleadoras, the weapon-of-choice for gauchos (Argentinian cowboys) who were trying to capture guanacos (an animal that looks like a llama). The toys could be made out of wood or metal. The ones made of hard acrylic plastic, however, could shatter on impact and become shrapnel. :s

Ah, yes, I remember having those. Knew them as "Ker-Bangers"...

x9fimsaday5y.png
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    r43qb66zo241.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Your new guitar @BlueBirdMusic ...cute
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Tony M
    Options
    r43qb66zo241.png

Good way to start em young. ;)
  • Tony M
    edited February 2022
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    wl6zx8jw13ho.png

ASR B)

What I wanted...

What I could afford. :s
  • Tony M
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I washed my truck yesterday in preparation for waxing it today.

I waxed it and all is right with the truck except the split dash pad AND I noticed the front bumper was lower on the driver's side. :o
    wbvop2we549w.jpg

I went online the other night and found a perfect dash pad on eBay. Emailed the owner and liked what he said. It's on the way now. :)

Now I've "washed and waxed" this truck 50+ times over the years and never noticed a problem with the spacing above the front bumper. I thought I could always run my fingers on top of the bumper. Today though, the passenger side is too tight to do that. Oh well, I'll slide under the front end and have a look at the bumper brackets. Maybe the driver's side is the side with a problem and I never could run my fingers on top ever. I saw an old picture just now and it looks like the driver's side is lower than it was. So, I probably slid a rag on top of the bumper, not my fingers. ;)

Maybe when the truck was towed a few months ago, the bracket got winched down... :o

I looked at some old pictures this afternoon and it does look like the bumper was lower on the driver's side 10 years ago but it's just a good guess because the picture is from an angle.

I had to go wipe the wax off before it got too late in the day, so I stopped looking in my picture's history files. I spotted the original position of the bumper just now as noted above.

I can't wait to switch out the old ugly split dash pad. :D
    pztvq3xsz7q0.jpg

And that center console was a prototype I made back in 96/7 just to see if the measurements would work well. Well, it worked perfect for all these years. That is another project I've always wanted to do. Make one out of finer plywood. Maybe real wood if the sides don't measure more than 11.5 inches. I guess I could glue up bigger solid wood panels if I wanted too now. :D

I can now do that since I cleaned up my barn shed with all the tools needed to do it, easily accessible now. :p

Post edited by Tony M on
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    I'm not fully versed on aerodynamics, but wouldn't that work similarly to a parachute?

With no front fender it would define the term mud flaps
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Your new guitar @BlueBirdMusic ...cute

No, it reminded me of @afterburnt.

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    51863101655_fcde857fc1_b.jpg

Sears SLR (ca. 1958) by Asahi.
    :)
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Next to the cee-ment pond, by the looks of that photo.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    8mk6m60rch8t.png

Interesting !
    You know, I wonder if....well....
    .....nevermind ....
    Sal Palooza
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    Options
    8mk6m60rch8t.png

Interesting !
    You know, I wonder if....well....
    .....nevermind ....

I know what you're thinking and do NOT try it. :D
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Call a physician if your bristles stand up for more than four hours...