Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    This one I took, all the others are from other people.

ug7k8wq1wwum.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    Here's a photo of Sarah Vaughn and Quincy Jones in Paris in 1958. After looking at this photo I think Sarah is singing along with the tape playing. This is based on the expression on Quincy's face, he's looking like he's enjoying what she's doing. That's a beautiful suitcase recorder they're using.

b0ev8r54f9sk.png

Is it live, or is it Memorex?

Oh, I crack myself up sometimes! ;)

I totally cannot tell what kind it is -- Telefunken, maybe? Nope, doesn't look like enough letters... So many European portables look(ed) like that recorder! I, briefly, "had" one, an Elizabethan I found (of course) at the Harvard, MA town dump. IIRC, it was a 220v machine and... I actually don't remember what became of it. It's not here now, I know that! :|

Back on topic ;)

mftr1lmwp0z6.png
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 2021
    Options
    b0ev8r54f9sk.png
    Grundig, maybe? :blush:

rq22l1w1u35y.png

EDIT: Grundig TK830?
    https://reel-reel.com/tape-recorder/grundig-tk-8303d/

Whatever it is, I really like the little zippered pouch in the top cover for the mics and cables :)

Post edited by mhardy6647 on
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,104
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Grundig, maybe? :blush:

EDIT: Grundig TK830?
    https://reel-reel.com/tape-recorder/grundig-tk-8303d/

Whatever it is, I really like the little zippered pouch in the top cover for the mics and cables :)

It is a Grundig, I think - my older cousin had one when I was a kid. The case was different, but I remember the zip. My temporary uncle (the guy who was around with his mother at the time) was a merchant sailor and gave me a tape recorder which he said was used on a ship. Whether they threw it away or he "liberated" it, I don't know. It was a Brenell. I can remember recording Top of the Pops off the BBC from the TV's speaker via a little crystal mic. I can also remember my cousin and I recording my mother snoring while asleep in her chair and her saying we had faked it. The recorder was in really bad shape, and it was in a wooden case with a hinged lid covered with sticky back plastic covering in a sort of fake marble pattern. On Googling, I think the wooden case was a mod and my closest memory is this:

6k2ed5orpcm8.png

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ah, Grundig, good sleuthing Mark. I like the two foam dots on the lid's inside so any reels can be held when the case is closed.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    Ah, Grundig, good sleuthing Mark. I like the two foam dots on the lid's inside so any reels can be held when the case is closed.

I liked that as well. Not exactly pocket material those tape reels.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I liked that as well. Not exactly pocket material those tape reels.

I dunno, man -- I've got some cargo pants that could probably swallow up a 10-1/2" NAB-hub reel. B)
    Likewise -- another nice touch. It's a pretty keen looking piece of hardware in its own, oh-so-German way. :)
    The Sony 777 family has (had) something similar, FWIW.
    oops, nope -- scratch that. :|

12596500045_ab0cc18805_b.jpgTC-777 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Louis Armstrong's home audio gear.

tf8v133qpdjb.png
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    edited February 2021
    Options
    ylabi74rifss.png

This photo has been fact-checked by independent forum monitors and has been deemed to be false. The image has been photoshopped to remove the Starbucks location that should be approximately mid-frame, third boulder from the left. The original also had a homeless "tent-city", though it remains unclear if Martian authorities cleared the encampment out before this shot was taken.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Starbucks wouldn't let the rover use the rest room without buying a Grande coffee -- and the rover was told it could just forget about using the WiFi.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    28xucoo0ih80.jpg
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    ^^^I read about that DIY project a couple years ago. Definitely a labor of love
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    Rick88 wrote: »
    Happy 46th Birthday Drew Barrymore!

acza1qhi9a3m.jpg

Looks like she could still start fires at will. :p
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    Options
    Quite the Legend! B)

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    If they’d only known...

6mkkdt0qsfjj.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Mountains National Park, TN.

u89dlfohy573.png
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    robf6plojqb6.png

Early surround sound.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Reminds me of the Big Bang episode where Leonard bought a Time Machine replica and it turned out to be a full size Time Machine.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 2021
    Options
    robf6plojqb6.png

Early surround sound.

We call(ed) that quad.
    It was a thing.

;)

11566563734_a6fc199af2_c.jpgscan0002 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Oh, I should mention -- I am pretty sure those AKAI speakers are TL cabinets loaded with rather nice Fostex "fullrange" 4" drivers (akin to the famous/infamous Radio Shack 40-1197/Fostex FE-103 drivers). :|

Now:
    I see your AKAI and raise you pair of "Horrortones".
    B)

man8t3errfrh.png
  • Tony M
    edited February 2021
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Reminds me of the Big Bang episode where Leonard bought a Time Machine replica and it turned out to be a full size Time Machine.

:p:D

https://youtu.be/dRhf2FulnHQ