Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,457
    Mark...tusk tusk
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,996
    edited February 20
    yeah, I know... :(
    but I couldn't resist (my internal governor's not the best).

• obieoneobieone Posts: 5,108
    OleBoot wrote: »
    177hJeh.gif

"Bang your head...metal health will drive you mad...."
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • obieoneobieone Posts: 5,108
    When someone describes how they're going to SPEND....a TAX BREAK...

b3sikns8l8ev.gif
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • WillowWillow Posts: 9,639
    edited February 21
    tonyp063 wrote: »
    I found this at work tomorrow.

giqo7ngqodzd.png

I bet if you upgrade the power cord to the flux capacitor you'd get better results
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

LRE KT-630, complete with the popular murine urine chassis accents, it appears.
    Sounds good, though.

:|

46448227554_bda94a5610_h.jpgDSC_3992 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    40206894993_fa2d77f286_h.jpgDSC_3991 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    46448228404_92467fae50_h.jpgDSC_3989 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Further details as events warrant :#
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,830
    That faceplate is gorgeous!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    It's kinda sixties, isn't it?
    I bought it one the strength of its appearance (from the front -- it does have a nice
    cover, too) and the price. I assumed it was pp EL84 ...

elvqlf16nt77.gif

Nothin' wrong with 6BM8 amps (the Japanese audiophiles love the 6BM8) -- but the danged tubes aren't in modern production and they're too darned 'spensive. A matched quad of new ones would cost far more than did the amplifier.

Fortunately the quad in there, battered as they appear, still sound OK. No redplates, either, I am pleased to report.

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,138
    s-l1600.jpg
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 655
    35nnz4.jpg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
    edited February 22
    There's a female a cappella group from Radcliffe College (Harvard) called the Radcliffe Pitches. :)

https://www.pitches.org/

We saw 'em in Bermuda one year when we were there on our erstwhile annual MA February School Winter Break visits to Bermuda.
    As an aside -- we really like Bermuda. :)

^ isn't that the truth
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61
    It was 5:00 am at our house this morning :p
    typically about the same in mine - sometimes I am patient with the cat, sometimes I wake up foul and every time I see him napping the same day I wake him up.
    edited February 22
    joecoulson wrote: »
    typically about the same in mine - sometimes I am patient with the cat, sometimes I wake up foul and every time I see him napping the same day I wake him up.

aivkq64a0daz.png
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,305
    edited February 23
    I tried to start a new thread but I keep getting booted off the web...so I'm posting here with a picture and a question.

I got a Sony ES receiver in a package deal. The receiver powers on and looks all fine but no sound comes out. Ok, I check the tape monitor loop button 10 times and all kinds of ways and then thought, maybe this thing should have jumpers on the back RCAs somewhere. I saw the empty ADAPTER rca jumping jacks and I put regular interconnects for jumpers. Still no sound. This receiver didn't come with jumpers when I bought it. :#

So I went to the web to make sure. Yep, there's supposed to be jumpers right in those jacks.

Did me using regular RCA interconnects with the ground fins on the outside negate the function? Can I peel the fins off and use just the pins as jumpers?

Here's a picture of the back of one model up from mine but it looks almost identical. I'm looking for a yea, break off the fins and go for it recommendation. I feel the pins can only touch the inside metal. right? Well I just found a site that replaces pins with full rca jacks. Now I'm confused.
    8n9gr8xfm7ti.png

m47dpzfh2tus.png

Post edited by Tony M on
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,632
    I believe the jumpers can be grounded together, they are both grounded to the case after all. Your problem is probably upstream/downstream in that guy, unfortunately. I did a quick google on the model number, and I couldn't find any info on it, but it does look like a nice unit!
    In regards to fixing it, assuming you haven't done this already you should clean the pots. I've had this revive dead channels, fix distortion problems, and the crackling when turning we all know and loathe. ;)
    Good luck!
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1155 preamp and 4155 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.

Resident Child of Club Polk
    edited February 23
    Tony M wrote: »
    I tried to start a new thread but I keep getting booted off the web...so I'm posting here with a picture and a question.

Well, either way (center 'pins' or full, unbalanced RCA connectors) should work as jumpers.
    Most likely, either the power amp or preamp section of the receiver is, as I like to say, bjorked. :(

This is a testable hypothesis, you know?

You can either feed another preamp's output to the "IN" jacks, or feed the output of the "OUT" jacks to another power amp. Make sure you use something with a volume control (and/or use cannon fodder speakers, just in case)!

Does the receiver have a headphone jack? If so, does it work?

One other wrinkle -- I see a pair of PRE OUT jacks. Are they always "live" or is there a way to turn them on? If the latter, does that "way" disable the power amp (or the speaker outputs)?

Again, these are, as they say in my line o' work, "testable hypotheses". :)

gb167j2mahki.png
    https://xkcd.com/242/

edited February 23
    Oh -- do you have the manual for it?
    If not, Sony may still have it; if not, hifiengine does.

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/sony/str-gx7es.shtml

I am looking through it now -- so far, nothing interesting vis-a-vis the "issue".

o5ebcayvubq5.png

• John MegadethJohn Megadeth Posts: 2,173
    My latest pickup and recondition project—Red Wing Shoes #991. They’re unfortunately a tad too small for me, so I’m selling them.

zhj8zlfjxcsq.jpeg
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 13,045
    Two or 4 thumbs up on that last post the "treats3" dude posted. He may be stupid but he has a lot of common sense.

Actually thinking about losing FB and all social media. It just gives me nothing but bad news and unnecessary stress. 10% good....family, friends, 90% ads, BS and crap I don't want to even be bothered with.

TBT.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

~ When the law ends, tyranny begins ~
    I walked away from FB in 2008 and don’t miss it a bit.
    I use Linkdin and Rarely Instagram for work, but the only social media I post on is this forum.
    It does wonders for your brain.