What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Sorry*. What are
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    Graham Chartwell’s
    &
    Nola Boxer 2’s
    *been around this hobby a long time

Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • Graham Audio Chartwell appears to be a family of speakers, including floorstanders and standmounters.

Some of them look pretty wild!
    n0jvzo4dxksw.jpg
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    Graham Audio Chartwell appears to be a family of speakers, including floorstanders and standmounters.

Some of them look pretty wild!
    n0jvzo4dxksw.jpg

Those are very cool! I have the LS3/5’s .
    ekybi3kw3rkx.jpeg
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • @TEAforONE how did you get in to Nola speakers? I've never heard of them before. Some of their designs look pretty cool though!
  • TEAforONE
    @TEAforONE how did you get in to Nola speakers? I've never heard of them before. Some of their designs look pretty cool though!

I read a review at one point,and thought they might be something I’d be interested in. Once intrigued,I read everything on the web about the Boxer 1’s,and then I spotted a pair of Boxer 2’s for a very reasonable price. That was about 5 years ago,and they have stayed in the rotation since.

I’m usually really interested in products that are off the beaten path. I have 3 pairs of speakers that I run, the Nola Boxer 2’s, Graham Chartwell LS3/5, and Hornshoppe Great Horned Heils. They all put a smile on my ears!
  • @TEAforONE

"I’m usually really interested in products that are off the beaten path".

I know that statement, feelings, and actions very well. I am guilty too but never thought of a conscious way to describe it.

I noticed you didn't say "speakers". Does this nature of yours apply in a lot of areas of your life?

It has gotten me into some unusual situations from time-to-time.

Your statement is a great short description of the pursuit.

"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • TEAforONE
    @TEAforONE

"I’m usually really interested in products that are off the beaten path".

I know that statement, feelings, and actions very well. I am guilty too but never thought of a conscious way to describe it.

I noticed you didn't say "speakers". Does this nature of yours apply in a lot of areas of your life?

It has gotten me into some unusual situations from time-to-time.

Your statement is a great short description of the pursuit.

That thought process does carry over to other purchases as well. For example,motorcycles. When I first got into street bikes,I was set on getting a Harley. As I started doing research,I found another US manufacturer at the time,Victory. Around these parts they were as rare as hens dentures! I fell in love with the looks. They had really good press once you got away from the first couple years. I pulled the trigger on a brand new 2005 Vegas 8 Ball. 42,000 miles later..... I also have a 2013 Victory Cross Country,(a bagger),and my wife has a 2004 Victory Kingpin.

I also have some other relatively obscure audio items as well. Monarchy Audio amps,Promitheus Audio passive pre,and some cables from boutique type manufacturers.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    djh0c40muc8u.jpg

Hey; I have a box just like that one. :D

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    djh0c40muc8u.jpg
    Nice! Is that the new backup for your Goldfinger?
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    jdjohn wrote: »
    djh0c40muc8u.jpg
    Nice! Is that the new backup for your Goldfinger?
    The replacement
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • jdjohn
    Oh, so GF is now the backup? I really like the AT house sound. I guess my top ones are OC9/I & III, and AT33PTG. Also an AT33 Mono. Lots of vintage AT MM carts as well. Nice, flat FR IMO.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • nooshinjohn
    edited January 2021
    This one is the statement V2 version... pictures to come.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • motorstereo
    Ok; Inquiring minds want to know......what is replacing the Goldfinger?
  • nooshinjohn
    The Goldfinger Statement V2...

• jdjohn
    Merry New Year's???
  • motorstereo
    The Goldfinger Statement V2...
    I had to look up the specs on that beauty........ O....M.....G!! Congrats to you on owning such a magnificent cartridge. Perhaps post a pic of it installed when you get a chance?

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited January 2021
    When you like Raife decide to get more dedicated to audio, I'd love to see that set up....
  • nooshinjohn
    You are welcome here any time. I think I am about as serious as I will ever be allowed to be.

• nooshinjohn
    Basics setup is complete... simply glorious.

• TEAforONE
    Beautiful table!
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    ⬆️ Great pics! ⬆️

Thanks! 😊
    Alea jacta est!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    I bet that is sublime!