Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 9,864
    These Polk SDA2's were AWSOME! <3 even though one tweeter doesn't work. I have spares that I haven't rebuilt yet sitting an arms length from me now. The old tweeter is by the back door now. ;) I'll test the one in the cabinet with a meter later this afternoon. :)
    idfcumk5nrdl.png
    jbihzcflg0hk.png
    qb5flrvbtslt.png

These Polk RT2000Ps were also AWSOME! <3 I was VERY impressed with these!
    lb1qv1xe1v6r.png
    5g6w9nyzrqbh.png

They both were bought from a friend to help him out and to aquire these sets at great prices. I remember them sounding just as awesome at his place many years ago before I bought them. I need to make grills for the RT2000Ps. Maybe new tops too.

Here's some speakers that are next in line for testing;
    81k4t840zik2.png
    bk41a57phdzh.png
    lr57ss8ajauf.png
    xlh5edg49zld.png

And I look forward to hearing these RSLs again! I think It's been a couple of years or more since I played these.
    ofvqfwg0242q.png
    dhjzov2yw5at.png
    sxmy0m2uov0e.png

There's a cool Subwoofer under the RSLs I want to hear again also. Under that is a cool corner cabinet with a Wolverine woofer in it. There's spots for a horn mid and a horn tweeter but it looks like they were never installed from the factory if my memory serves me right. I'll probably hook it up too. :p

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 27,925
    1) Manage your expectations vis-a-vis those Kabuki loudspeakers :|
    2) Any EV driver labeled "Wolverine" is a "full range" driver, not a woofer per se.
    It would have been a twin-cone driver as built, but it may have been de-whizzered by a previous owner.

1ekpfhkrbiaw.png
    source: http://www.alliedcatalogs.com/html/1961-200/h002.html

Just sayin'.

B)

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,339
    I used to have some ADS car audio. Loved it. I've never been able to hear thier home speakers but hope to someday soon.
  • mhardy6647
    They were pretty good. B)

Back in the day, I couldn't even think about affording them -- thus the Polk Audio Monitor Sevens :) Note that Polk's still around. ;)
  • Tony M
    I have a pr. of Braun L810s but one of the woofers didn't play. I found out the woofer is fine. The problem is in the cross-over. That was many-many years ago and I'm ALMOST ready to tackle it. ;)
  • mhardy6647
    Tony M wrote: »
    I have a pr. of Braun L810s but one of the woofers didn't play. I found out the woofer is fine. The problem is in the cross-over. That was many-many years ago and I'm ALMOST ready to tackle it. ;)

Sounds like your queue is only a wee bit shorter than mine ;)
  • Tony M
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Sounds like your queue is only a wee bit shorter than mine ;)

No matter what I do, I'm about 5 to 7 years behind. :#
  • CH46E
    I'd be like a kid in a candy store there Tony!
  • mhardy6647
    Well doggies -- as it happent, I have a (single) matching cabinet to your EV "Wolverine" corner cabinet down inna basement, @Tony M... again, I am just sayin'. :)

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 3,627
    2ch8mdybfjs0.png

Those look really cool and probably well designed!
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mhardy6647
  • Tony M
    audioluvr wrote: »
    2ch8mdybfjs0.png

Those look really cool and probably well designed!

They have super heavy cabinets and they're solid to. Even the grill frames are thick and solid too. Nice balanced sound. ;)
  • Tony M
    edited June 2020
    I hooked this Audioanalyst sub up last night. I then hooked up the RSL3300s for the satellites. Wow. What a combo!

I then saw the Minimus 7s on the shelf and thought...why not.
    While not as full of a sound spectrum as the RSL as the satellites, those Minimus 7s did their little magic again like they did 40 years ago. B) The Min. 7s have a nice dome tweeter in them. The woofers have a rubber surround on the woofers. Very well made.

This sub and any satellite pr. would make a great starter or garage system.
    t1sqanh9tbh7.png
    tdgqev37698s.png
    mhgoxpjkwvs7.png
    ghsyetleah5f.png
    ezx63zzpiq47.png
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 22,987
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    treitz3 wrote: »
    F4U-5?
    Oh, I have no idea. It just came across my computer somehow and I thought I'd share it. I kinda dig the photo.

Tom

Certainly appears to be some flavor of F4U Corsair, given the wing design :|

lyh6i2fflyli.png

This one is an F4U-4. The one Tom posted is the -5 bird. That would be the last full production version. It was twin supercharged and had nearly 2500HP.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Statement V2 cartridge and Origin Conqueror Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 22,987
    Does anybody wonder, in times like these, what would Sam say?

8lwwknzvqa6e.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Statement V2 cartridge and Origin Conqueror Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • CH46E
    Does anybody wonder, in times like these, what would Sam say?

8lwwknzvqa6e.jpg
    I just laughed at the thought of it!

Id like to hear him and this one.

wdmv5bd2d1bs.jpg

• Tony M
    Or one of my all-time top 5 comic. ;)

The recently ( 3 years ago) departed Don Rickles. What would he have said? :#
    Seemed he checked out right on time.
    ck79dbltt5h0.png
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 184
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    hxaciw1ak2b4.jpg

I just love that movie. Aunt Edna was great.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 9,820
    @Tony M I like the design of these NHT towers, I'd like to hear these.

aiztw797uam9.png
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 9,820
    I like how you can place them straight, and they're already toed in to the correct angle! Perfect!
  • Tony M
    edited June 2020
    I sure wish we all lived closer to one another.

I do have this pair sitting on the dolly backwards from how they'd be set up in front of you. This is a SMALL set compared to others they made but still sound really good!

They have the NHT sound signature. Warm. ;) Detailed highs, soft midrange but TIGHT and POWERFUL BASS. B)

I used to go into a fairly big Pawn shop years ago. In one corner of the BIG room shop was the electronics dept. They had some BIG NHTs with the reg. rectangular shape playing all day long, every day. They had subs on their sides like the ones above do.

Those BIG NHTs at the Pawn shop filled that shop with powerful sounding music. Even though it was at a low volume, I loved their sound. I couldn't afford their asking price for them the many years I visited that shop.

Years later, I bought my NHT whole system with a Pioneer Elite receiver off of Craig's list. I have a 12" sub and 2 little bookies and a center channel too.

I used to think the NHTs were big/tall towers but when I put those JBLs next to them, my memory and opinion was crushed. :s They look med. size now. There is an 8" sub with a rubber surround on their sides. :)

I think NHT is like Definitive in sound but Def. Tech has a more pronounced midrange. But the rest...pretty even. :p
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 2,399
    edited June 2020
    My brother owns five of the original NHT Super Ones. He bought them new in the late 1990's I'm guessing. He also bought a Velodyne sub at the same time. He used the five NHT's for front, center, right and rears, as a 5.1 system. I've never heard them. He used them for less than a year, then boxed it all up. No issues with anything. They had a child, moved and never set anything back up. They still remain boxed to this day. Must run in the family. I have two brand new subs both NIB, a Polk 505 and an Epik Empire, both never opened or unboxed. I guess I'm jinxed with subs as the two I have apparently have high failure rates. But I may never know! ;)