Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    treitz3 wrote: »
    F4U-5?
    Oh, I have no idea. It just came across my computer somehow and I thought I'd share it. I kinda dig the photo.

Tom

Certainly appears to be some flavor of F4U Corsair, given the wing design :|

lyh6i2fflyli.png

This one is an F4U-4. The one Tom posted is the -5 bird. That would be the last full production version. It was twin supercharged and had nearly 2500HP.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    Does anybody wonder, in times like these, what would Sam say?

8lwwknzvqa6e.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,481
    Does anybody wonder, in times like these, what would Sam say?

8lwwknzvqa6e.jpg
    I just laughed at the thought of it!

Id like to hear him and this one.

wdmv5bd2d1bs.jpg

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    Or one of my all-time top 5 comic. ;)

The recently ( 3 years ago) departed Don Rickles. What would he have said? :#
    Seemed he checked out right on time.
    ck79dbltt5h0.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 303
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    hxaciw1ak2b4.jpg

I just love that movie. Aunt Edna was great.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    @Tony M I like the design of these NHT towers, I'd like to hear these.

aiztw797uam9.png
  • Clipdat
    I like how you can place them straight, and they're already toed in to the correct angle! Perfect!
  • Tony M
    edited June 2020
    I sure wish we all lived closer to one another.

I do have this pair sitting on the dolly backwards from how they'd be set up in front of you. This is a SMALL set compared to others they made but still sound really good!

They have the NHT sound signature. Warm. ;) Detailed highs, soft midrange but TIGHT and POWERFUL BASS. B)

I used to go into a fairly big Pawn shop years ago. In one corner of the BIG room shop was the electronics dept. They had some BIG NHTs with the reg. rectangular shape playing all day long, every day. They had subs on their sides like the ones above do.

Those BIG NHTs at the Pawn shop filled that shop with powerful sounding music. Even though it was at a low volume, I loved their sound. I couldn't afford their asking price for them the many years I visited that shop.

Years later, I bought my NHT whole system with a Pioneer Elite receiver off of Craig's list. I have a 12" sub and 2 little bookies and a center channel too.

I used to think the NHTs were big/tall towers but when I put those JBLs next to them, my memory and opinion was crushed. :s They look med. size now. There is an 8" sub with a rubber surround on their sides. :)

I think NHT is like Definitive in sound but Def. Tech has a more pronounced midrange. But the rest...pretty even. :p
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,076
    edited June 2020
    My brother owns five of the original NHT Super Ones. He bought them new in the late 1990's I'm guessing. He also bought a Velodyne sub at the same time. He used the five NHT's for front, center, right and rears, as a 5.1 system. I've never heard them. He used them for less than a year, then boxed it all up. No issues with anything. They had a child, moved and never set anything back up. They still remain boxed to this day. Must run in the family. I have two brand new subs both NIB, a Polk 505 and an Epik Empire, both never opened or unboxed. I guess I'm jinxed with subs as the two I have apparently have high failure rates. But I may never know! ;)
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Wow. That’s really nice bro. Beautiful architecture
  • Tony M
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    My brother owns five of the original NHT Super Ones. He bought them new in the late 1990's I'm guessing. He also bought a Velodyne sub at the same time. He used the five NHT's for front, center, right and rears, as a 5.1 system. I've never heard them. He used them for less than a year, then boxed it all up. No issues with anything. They had a child, moved and never set anything back up. They still remain boxed to this day. Must run in the family. I have two brand new subs both NIB, a Polk 505 and an Epik Empire, both never opened or unboxed. I guess I'm jinxed with subs as the two I have apparently have high failure rates. But I may never know! ;)

I stated I had a 12" NHT sub yesterday. I was wrong. :s It's a 10".

I re-arranged my back room some more last night and moved that sub. I thought I'd remove the grill and look at the cone. :o I then measured it knowing it wasn't a 12" cone anymore. I still need to test it again.

I also have a Polk 505 and Polk PSW111. They both worked last year or two years ago. Now...? :)

I've had a fantastic older Velodyne powered sub. I sold it to an old co-worker for peanuts. B) I think it was a 12" with a slotted cabinet. That thing kicked butt!
  • CH46E
    edited June 2020
    Kex wrote: »
    So...

This is what we’ve been working on in our little corner of the world.

njti1y7ggcyx.jpg

s1880lyjugww.jpg

Where is your little corner? What part of the world?

Looks amazing man! Very nice.
  • Clipdat
    @Kex I like the pose your daughter (?) is doing for the photo.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Kex wrote: »
    So...

This is what we’ve been working on in our little corner of the world.

njti1y7ggcyx.jpg

s1880lyjugww.jpg

Beautiful house. Was it just built?

That house is a great example why I won't move back East. Virtually all the houses are boring boxes.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • CH46E
    tonyp063 wrote: »
    The evening sky was interesting in Baltimore last night.

zf6blz3nwygs.jpg

Double rainbow man! RIP.

https://g.co/kgs/6EN7fY
  • Clipdat
    lol, wife then? shrug
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,465
  • CH46E
    Oh boy. Dangerous territory we have tread into.

So.... how about this heat wave??? Rough I tell ya.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,421
    Ok so it's a garbage speaker.... got it!

:D
  • CH46E
    oo4gkl56pg3l.png

I'd beg to differ!
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,167
    You kniw, Doc, I can see where persons of an impish nature may take that picture and deface it in an impudent manner !! 😳
    Sal Palooza
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    oo4gkl56pg3l.png

Garbage in,garbage out.
    See my profile for list of gear.