Candy store for OPPO owners?

Comments

• honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Come on man. Now is not the time to slack off. Hurry up and plug that bad boy in.

John
    Click on the link that I sent you in your SACD thread and get to buying!
    Meantime PATIENCE GRASSHOPPER
    (happy now mikey??? :p )
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Looking good!
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • honestaquarian
    ns3psfy5kes9.jpg
    Amazing base
    How sweet will be the sound??
  • honestaquarian
    edited April 2020
    2zh1mozfbwz6.jpg
    She slides right into place perfectly.
    However the toroids are touching. I wonder if I’ll be able to get that cover back on?
    They say in the video you can leave it off if you want once the new supply is installed.
    Of course the video is now three years old and they weren't using a toroidal transformer then that hangs over the edge of the board.
  • honestaquarian
    l4a2zhzt4ggs.jpg

Okay screwed in and the connectors are all back in place. Time to put it all back together.
    @nooshinjohn trust and believe this was all a LOT easier than it will be reinstalling this in the system with all dem cables
  • honestaquarian
    qwhzh9xfrcep.jpg

Oh this is fargon highlarious
    I quite literally cannot put the cover all of the way back in place because of the size of the new toroid!!🤣😂
  • honestaquarian
    Just want to thank the op @Mikey081057 for starting this thread. I never would have known about oppomod or accidentally found out about clones audio had you not started this thread.
  • honestaquarian
    0he7f17cu8y8.jpg
    ozlnhr5k54d5.jpg
    You have to remember which screws go where. Two of the screws for that center barrier are different. One is black and goes on the back of the unit to hold it in place. Another has a washer and goes into the top at the front. The other two go into the bottom. I kinda lost track because I had all of the screws in order in the cups, but because I cannot put the black power supply cover back in place I needed to remember which cup had what screws in it and take that cup that had the power supply cover screws out of the way
  • honestaquarian
    cb7agbjz2d1s.jpg
    Best to use a magnetic screwdriver so you don’t drop any of them inside the unit. Don’t forget the two plastic standoffs that have the rubber caps that go into their tops to hold the top cover up. That blue ribbon cable is easy to get out, but a major pita to get back in, because it isn’t attached to a plastic clip. It stands by itself once you remove it and is really easy to bend trying to reinstall.
  • honestaquarian
    Side note
    Upon closer inspection I see the caps on that board are all made by Elna
  • honestaquarian
    edited April 2020
    yu90768ko951.jpg

The ones on this board are mostly Elna and a couple of Acons
    This is for your electronics wiz geeks who know more about this kind of thing than I do.
    iydr08sdqabo.jpg
    The Acons👆🏾
    benp0nt6tc9s.jpg
    Big Elnas👆🏾
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    Might want to tidy up a bit while you are in there. That dust is robbing you of audio quality.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    Come on man. Now is not the time to slack off. Hurry up and plug that bad boy in.

And your Krell?...need update
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • honestaquarian
    5sgutz6et6xh.jpg
    Easy part is done.
    Now to try putting all FOURTEEN cables back in the right places.🤦🏽‍♂️
  • honestaquarian
    John this is all yo fawlt!!
    I gotta do this AGAIN when the BD-ROM stabilizer comes back.
  • nooshinjohn
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

And your Krell?...need update

Stop trying to derail his thread man. WTH is wrong with you? ;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn

I do what I can...

• honestaquarian

I do what I can...

Ju fargon aisehole! :p;)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    At least it’s not that blue spray paint mod :p
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • honestaquarian
    John I would LOVE to get a side by side from you if you decide to go this route and upgrade your 205. I wanna know what it sounds like compared to yo big ****$ Krell.
    Okay time to put this thing back in.
    FUN TIMES!!
    I took some pics of the screen with my Avatar Blu-ray box set playing before the upgrade earlier today and I will do back to back comparisons.

Sorry none of this is gonna be 4K as I do not yet a 4K display. Still waiting for all of the stuff promised for this year at CES to come to fruition (AND I gotta save up the money/get my credick skraight)
  • honestaquarian
    Okay to say reinstalling alla dem cables was a pita was an UNDERSTATEMENT
    It is done and time to turn it on and check the channels to make sure it is done right/left
  • nooshinjohn
    Keep a fire extinguisher handy...

• honestaquarian
    Keep a fire extinguisher handy...

John ima gowna fargon cut off Ju head an shove it in ju aisehole ju fargon bastage!!😝😝
  • honestaquarian
    n3235rt16flq.jpeg
    Before upgrade👆🏾

t67hb056txej.jpeg
    After upgrade👆🏼
  • honestaquarian
    The first thing I always notice if there is a change is in the bass. It is tighter and deeper and more apparent so far.
  • honestaquarian
    8e3l6nt9a9eb.jpeg
    Before upgrade👆🏼
    bop023kumicn.jpeg
    After upgrade 👆🏾
  • nooshinjohn
    I can’t see a difference.

• honestaquarian
    r7u9mbuttwr4.jpeg
    Before👆🏾
    3v2fokhri05c.jpeg
    After👆🏼
  • honestaquarian
    Some of this may be difficult if not impossible to see here because of whatever processing the iPhone 7 camera is doing to the 1080p picture on the screen.
  • nooshinjohn
    The bottom one looks worse.