Feel the hate thread

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    I hate over-cooked pasta, and the monopoly that SiriusXM has on satellite radio.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Fake cheese, colorized war footage and people who have "Gulf War Veteran" license plates.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    deronb1 wrote: »
    ...and people who have "Gulf War Veteran" license plates.

Do tell why you feel hatred toward this? A vet is a vet. Putting your life on the line for this country is not an admirable thing for you and you must, in fact, "Hate" it?

Tell me, what have YOU done for our country, sir?

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • deronb1
    treitz3 wrote: »
    ...and people who have "Gulf War Veteran" license plates.

Do tell why you feel hatred toward this? A vet is a vet. Putting your life on the line for this country is not an admirable thing for you and you must, in fact, "Hate" it?

Tell me, what have YOU done for our country, sir?

Tom

I am an 11 year Army Veteran. Served from 1985 - 1996. Tours in Hawaii, Germany, Ft. Riley, KS and Recruting Duty in Michigan. Went to NTC 6 times, Team Spirit twice and some rather unsavory duty in the Philippines. Not to mention the **** show called Desert Storm. I dont like the plates because A) its still going on: B) Our presence there is highly debatable, for 15 years! and C: Why the need to advertise the fact? What are these license plate bearers needing in doing so?
  • treitz3
    Okay, please forgive me. I get VERY defensive of our American soldiers. 90% of my family is/was military and has been for generations. I read into your post wrong. Some folks are very proud that they served. To put it into perspective, desk clerks who never saw the front line still proudly wear Vet caps. While some question that? They have the right to advertise it. They were, after all, part of the team.

Thank you sir for your service.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087

A good friend of my father. A WWII U.S. Marine. He was in several island battles in the Pacific, he fought hard on Iwo Jima. He's 95 now. This is a photo of him with his son and granddaughter sitting in a very nice place, a skybox at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, NE watching the Huskers.

md1u7fkc9kev.jpg
  • deronb1
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    A good friend of my father. A WWII U.S. Marine. He was in several island battles in the Pacific, he fought hard on Iwo Jima. He's 95 now. This is a photo of him with his son and granddaughter sitting in a very nice place, a skybox at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, NE watching the Huskers.

md1u7fkc9kev.jpg

That's awesome!
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Genuine Imitation
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • deronb1
    vmaxer wrote: »
    Genuine Imitation

Ich verstehe nicht
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    Genuine Imitation

Ich verstehe nicht
    Ich habe vieleicht verstanden...

I think maybe he hates things like fake leather that has no leather, plastic wood trim that has no wood, etc. etc. but maybe he’ll enlighten us himself.
    Alea jacta est!
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Kex wrote: »
    Genuine Imitation

Ich verstehe nicht
    Ich habe vieleicht verstanden...

I think maybe he hates things like fake leather that has no leather, plastic wood trim that has no wood, etc. etc. but maybe he’ll enlighten us himself.

Just a pet peeve. Like crab meat also.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Kex
    Pet peeve indeed.

I “hate” (peevishly, of course, not vehemently) that they can even print the word leather or wood in the description in such cases. I’d rather have high quality vinyl (yes, it exists) or high quality plastic (also exists) than a fake imitation of leather or wood.
    Alea jacta est!
  • civilian
    civilian Posts: 357

Imitation crab is pretty good, but not crab, or even crab-like. I do like it as opart of shrimp cocktail.

Almond Milk, now that should just not exist.
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Do people in y'alls neck of the woods race you to four way stops and roll through it if they beat you there? Is this a California thing, or are idiots everywhere?
  • Kex
    Idiots are definitely everywhere. No doubt about it... and in larger numbers that one might be comfortable with. 🙄

P.S. Racing to four way stops is not an activity I engage in, but maybe y’all are bored up there in Satan Carnitas. 😂
    Alea jacta est!
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Do people in y'alls neck of the woods race you to four way stops and roll through it if they beat you there? Is this a California thing, or are idiots everywhere?

In UT they accelerate to beat you there, and never even tap the brakes.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited March 2020
    Hate it when you're on a 4 lane highway and you're in the fast lane and someone in the right lane or entering the highway pulls right in front of you in the left lane and goes 5 to 10 mph under the speed limit.

Another one I hate is when you driving a little over the speed limit and I have my radar detector running and someone gets within a car length or two, so close you can't slow down fast when my detector goes off which makes it useless. I have had people notice I have one and they do this to me.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    People that stop in a traffic circle because they are confused............
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • civilian
    civilian Posts: 357
    Speaking of 4 way stops, when you see a car get to the cross street stop way before you but waits until you completely stop before they start moving.
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    civilian wrote: »
    Speaking of 4 way stops, when you see a car get to the cross street stop way before you but waits until you completely stop before they start moving.

This^^^^ and then they'll start motioning for you to go even though it's not your turn.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    As far as Ford vs. Chevy goes, I wouldn't buy a Chevy, because I am a Ford man. I also wouldn't buy any other modern (last 15 years) GM or Chrysler products. Or even FoMoCo. None of the big three are even close to what they used to be.

The only new cars I have any real desire to own (obviously I would take a free Chevy or Ford, but I mean one I'd buy) are Italian. I expect them to be unreliable. ;)

Back on topic... Screens in cars are stupid.

The people who on a four-lane (two each way... I can never figure out exactly what that'd be called) road feel the need to pass someone going five under because they want to go 1 mph faster and hold up the entire road.

And finally, people who don't use their gas pedal when accelerating and then fly past me at 15 over once they do get up to speed.

:)
    -Micah
  • daddyjt
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    ...And finally, people who don't use their gas pedal when accelerating and then fly past me at 15 over once they do get up to speed...

Yea, this one is super annoying - and dangerous. It is considerably easier (and safer) to merge at speed.

I’ve always treated on-ramps as though I were exiting pit road.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• treitz3
    Do you cut off cars that have a matte finish when merging? Fess up man....

Tom
  • daddyjt

Tom

I don’t know - I can’t see them....;-)

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767

Tom

In Central FL they usually are home spray-painted 90s Honda Civics with no exhaust system that cut me off. ;)

Factory matte finishes? I don't dislike them. I'm not sure I'd own one myself though. :)
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521

How does one milk an almond anyway?

Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    steveinaz wrote: »

How does one milk an almond anyway?

Same as a soy bean silly
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/