Feel the hate thread

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    edited December 2019
    I hate the "me, me, me" generation like the entitled spoiled brat(s) in the post(s) above and worst of all, I hate hypocrites.

Then their are the people who run a stop sign, cutting you off and making you slam on your brakes something hardcore....only to proceed to go 20 miles per hour under the speed limit on a two lane unpassable road for the next 2 miles.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Tom you're a little fired up today! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,960
    I think it was Shakespeare that said it best: "So much hate, so little time."
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,960
    No, wait: Shakespeare said, "To err is human, to f*#k divine!" It must've been my friend Tim who said, "So much hate, so little time."
  • treitz3
    verb wrote: »
    Tom you're a little fired up today! :smile:

Every once in a while, folks need to get things off their chest. I'm good now.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Winter, snow...BAD drivers... :s
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    I'm always cleaning up others abandoned carts but if someone did that to me I'd have stuffed him in my trunk and dumped him in the desert somewhere. You can't fight rude with rude. Only pain (financial, emotional or physical).
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • I hate people that drive with the "Detroit lean". Ya know what I'm talking about. The driver is leaning so far, their head is in the passenger seat. Or,how about the beat offs that have the drivers seat so far back,and reclined that they literally can't see over the speedometer.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    So, we literally had an ice storm today, and on the ride home, I still saw stupid ****’s with dogs in their laps. When are the cops going to start cracking down on this just like cellphones!?!?

If any of you on the forum do this, you’re a ****! Stop! Pull your head out-cha **** and realize that you are a putz.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Nightfall wrote: »

Guys that do this on a public toilet. Clean up after yourself you nasty MFr.

Don't be hating on our tolerated beloved Russ. ;)
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,272
    edited February 2020
    That Cart Narc guy is a JA

I disabled signatures.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    mlistens03 wrote: »

Guys that do this on a public toilet. Clean up after yourself you nasty MFr.

Don't be hating on our tolerated beloved Russ. ;)

Shot fired!
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,297
    mrbiron wrote: »
    So, we literally had an ice storm today, and on the ride home, I still saw stupid ****’s with dogs in their laps. When are the cops going to start cracking down on this just like cellphones!?!?

If any of you on the forum do this, you’re a ****! Stop! Pull your head out-cha **** and realize that you are a putz.

If people cared at all about their dogs, they’d think about what happens in a front-end collision - you (and all your mass) travel forward at incredible speed and force. Your airbag deploys with even more speed and incredible force. Where’s your dog again? Oh yea - he/she is the “liquid buffer” in the middle of the driver/airbag sandwich... eeew.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    afterburnt wrote: »
    nyl17tlx86c6.jpg
    While this pic put a smile on my face, I hated I couldn’t click on “like” & “Agree.” The height of obvious is the driver’s built-in claymore, not to mention the silly idea an inanimate object could somehow benefit.

Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    ... and here I was thinking it was a comment on some of the more... umm... esoteric products proffered to audiophiles. :#
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    gp4jesus wrote: »
    nyl17tlx86c6.jpg
    While this pic put a smile on my face, I hated I couldn’t click on “like” & “Agree.” The height of obvious is the driver’s built-in claymore, not to mention the silly idea an inanimate object could somehow benefit.

I've known people who swear their car runs better after its been washed. Is that like boutique cables? 😜
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    edited February 2020
    deronb1 wrote: »
    gp4jesus wrote: »
    nyl17tlx86c6.jpg

I've known people who swear their car runs better after its been washed. Is that like boutique cables? 😜

I'm one of those believers BUT it's the way the vehicle cuts through the fluid( :) ) while rolling. Less friction!
    Cleaner engines run cooler too. ;)

Now I've heard the sound change on my main system when I switched cables going to the speakers. I had a total of 100.00 spent on both sets of cables. So I didn't have a predetermined hopefull outcome with either. One set was brighter than the other. Fact. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    GM reverse lights that stay on for MINUTES after the vehicle being locked. How freaking dumb. Are they backing up or is no one in the vehicle?
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    GM reverse lights that stay on for MINUTES after the vehicle being locked. How freaking dumb. Are they backing up or is no one in the vehicle?

I noticed this too. Piss-poor planning if you ask me. I waited for a parking spot because I saw those backup lights on. Then they go out and your cussing up a storm.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854

Generally Malfunctioning

• treitz3
    They do that so if you park in a garage, you have a couple of minutes worth of lighting so you can walk and see. FWIW

Tom
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    tonyb wrote: »

I noticed this too. Piss-poor planning if you ask me. I waited for a parking spot because I saw those backup lights on. Then they go out and your cussing up a storm.

Been right there with you.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    treitz3 wrote: »
    They do that so if you park in a garage, you have a couple of minutes worth of lighting so you can walk and see. FWIW

Tom

They should put a light sensor on top of the car so they can tell if you are outside. It would not be an expensive addition, I'm sure. :)

That is a nice idea though and I'm certain it is quite useful for some. It almost makes up for being a GM product. B);)
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,872
    My one owner GM is 26 years old last month, with 220,000 miles of towing a horse trailer all over the country. Their trucks may not be perfect, but AFAIK, absolutely everything still works, and it will still climb the Grapevine incline with a loaded trailer the same as ever. Many others much newer can’t quite manage to maintain their speed.
    Alea jacta est!
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,469
    Newer vehicle LED headlights that are way too bright. B)B)B)B)B)
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,297
    Kex wrote: »
    My one owner GM is 26 years old last month, with 220,000 miles of towing a horse trailer all over the country. Their trucks may not be perfect, but AFAIK, absolutely everything still works, and it will still climb the Grapevine incline with a loaded trailer the same as ever. Many others much newer can’t quite manage to maintain their speed.

I used to be a die-hard Ford fan. Then I got bit by the 6.0l power-stroke head gasket failure, to the tune of $6,000 and the scrapping of a family vacation. Even though it was a known design failure, and even though I still had 40,000 miles left on the power train warranty (I was 2 months over on the 5 years), Ford basically gave me the middle finger. A few moths after the head gasket repair, the ECM went out, to the tune of $2k. Sold it after that, and we’ve been a GM family since.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Kex
    daddyjt wrote: »
    ...Even though it was a known design failure, and even though I still had 40,000 miles left on the power train warranty (I was 2 months over on the 5 years), Ford basically gave me the middle finger...
    Yeah... I hate class action lawsuits, and usually just bin any notices I receive, but in cases like this, a class action seems to be the only way to get large corporations to accept responsibility.

It wouldn’t bother me at all that the initial problem occurred. Mistakes happen. What would bother me would be that by the time it happened, they knew that they were responsible for the problem, but still leave loyal customers holding the bag. Had they even offered to pay part of the repair, you might still be a customer.

My measure of a company providing exceptional customer service is not whether things go wrong, or not. It’s how they treat their customers when they do.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    machone wrote: »
    Newer vehicle LED headlights that are way too bright. B)B)B)B)B)
    Depends on the vehicle. Some are better than others (at not blinding oncoming drivers) for some reason.
    Alea jacta est!