Feel the hate thread

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited April 2018
    People that do this to their cars. There's literally no benefit to this much negative camber. It both looks stupid and ruins performance in every imaginable category.

stanced-cars-volkswagen-lupo.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,628
    I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the rear downforce provided by that spoiler on a front-wheel-drive car has a similar scarcity of benefit to be derived from it's application thusly.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    It looks like it was dropped from a height and the axles snapped! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Nightfall
    edited April 2018
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the rear downforce provided by that spoiler on a front-wheel-drive car has a similar scarcity of benefit to be derived from it's application thusly.

There has to be some benefit to lateral G's and braking distance from high speed. All of the FWD touring cars (BTCC, WTCC, etc.) all have rear spoilers. Also, I'm not too familiar with VW's, is that an R32? It might be AWD.

honda-civic-wtcc-car-monza-castrol-world-touring-team-testing-tiago-monteiro-autodromo-nazionale-89374643.jpg

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,628
    Nightfall wrote: »
    There has to be some benefit to lateral G's and braking distance from high speed. All of the FWD touring cars (BTCC, WTCC, etc.) all have rear spoilers.

On the car in your image, sure. On Alphonso McCheeseforbrains' car? Highly doubtful.
  • Nightfall
    verb wrote: »

It's called stance, you just wouldn't understand broooo.

• soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,373
    edited April 2018
    Looks like it is squatting to take a pis... to me.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • verb
    Now here's a stance! Detroit Autorama!
    civfq3o5z7n9.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,942
    People that do this to their cars. There's literally no benefit to this much negative camber. It both looks stupid and ruins performance in every imaginable category.

stanced-cars-volkswagen-lupo.jpg

I think the kids would say that looks "dope"....as in you smoked too much and did that to your GTI
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited April 2018
    I hate the brown-noser that suggested we work 5 days, and be off 2. If I am elected President, I will make Monday an official part of the weekend---so we can begin hating Tuesdays.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • kevhed72
    I hate that I have to spend 6500 on a sand line septic system because our current system failed. My wife asked what a "sand line" system is....I said its a 60" inch deep hole they dig in our yard, then back up a dump truck of 6500 dollar bills and fill up the hole.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    I hate that I have to spend 6500 on a sand line septic system because our current system failed. My wife asked what a "sand line" system is....I said its a 60" inch deep hole they dig in our yard, then back up a dump truck of 6500 dollar bills and fill up the hole.

You can pupe in 1,500 Home Depot buckets for that price...just saying.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    edited April 2018
    Viking64 wrote: »

thusly... are you just testing us, Pug? ;)

thus as I know you know, is already an adverb*, and thus it don't need no steenkin' -ly tacked on to adverbify it.

I note with great amusement that Chrome's spell-checker either thinks that adverbify is A-OK English spelling or it's so disoriented that it doesn't know what to do.

@mhardy6647 You go professor! Back at ya Jimmy! :smile:
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874

It's called stance, you just wouldn't understand broooo.

Is that like that wide stance scandal thing from some years back?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Craig_scandal
  • kevhed72
    mrbiron wrote: »

You can pupe in 1,500 Home Depot buckets for that price...just saying.
    Explain the math on that one...because each family member would get at least a #1 and #2 bucket.
  • mrbiron
    I don't know how big your BMs are...
    If "X" equals size and "Y" equals frequency then

(X x Y)/5 gallons = passings per bucket
  • kevhed72
    6500/1500 buckets = 4.33 each bucket....thats probably pretty close.
    1500 x 5 gal = 7500 gal of pupe and wee.
    So the question then becomes how long until all 1500 buckets have to be removed from the house and dumped somewhere??
  • verb
    Have you considered the effect of evaporation? :smile:
  • kevhed72
    Well, if you kept the buckets in the house....I think we could assume a daily evaporation rate of .02. Do we have any fecal evaporation statisticians on the forum to validate the .02 factor?

• verb
    Well, if you kept the buckets in the house....I think we could assume a daily evaporation rate of .02. Do we have any fecal evaporation statisticians on the forum to validate the .02 factor?

Plenty I'm sure! :smile:
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    I believe that would be averaging all ages. The evaporation rate of infants is probably three times that of a senior citizen, and I'm pretty sure no evaporation takes place for those on a vegan diet.

Not even sure flys mess with vegan waste.
  • mrbiron
    Wow...didn't realize how bad my initial mathing was :D

Ok, so onto evaporation rate...
    Your #2 will lose moisture but not mass. The only way to see a savings there is to let it dry out, and then crush it with your bare hands making sure to not reintroduce moisture or your efforts will be lost.
  • verb
    Joker should've went to Home Depot! :smile:
    l9s3k0loce0v.png
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    edited April 2018
    rpf65 wrote: »
    I believe that would be averaging all ages. The evaporation rate of infants is probably three times that of a senior citizen, and I'm pretty sure no evaporation takes place for those on a vegan diet.
    Not even sure flys mess with vegan waste.

I just quoted you because your last sentence reminded me of this joke.

If your ( this is for anybody ) sensitive, DON'T READ ANY FURTHER. warning...

What do you call a Vegan with diarrhea?

a SALAD SHOOTER.... :s
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I hate school.
    I hate that my math is so childish, I mean I’m in 8th grade!
    fztqtoddmbyn.jpg
    I hate that my math is flat out wrong sometimes. I have actually checked some problems with a calculator after I get them wrong, and I’m right!
    I hate the music that my sisters listen to. If you think hate is a strong word for that, look for it on Apple Music. The artist’s (if you can even call him that, I would use the word dummy) name is Harry Gripp. Just search for it. Tell me what you think.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    I hate marketing and B.S. food manufactures pull. For instance, just bought a pack of 8 Reese's Peanut butter cups only to get home and find they are one third less the size of normal ones.

I was so mad, because they didn't lower the price at all, just made the product smaller. Was going to throw them out too.

but I ate them anyway. Next time though... :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • verb
    tonyb wrote: »
    I hate marketing and B.S. food manufactures pull. For instance, just bought a pack of 8 Reese's Peanut butter cups only to get home and find they are one third less the size of normal ones.

I was so mad, because they didn't lower the price at all, just made the product smaller. Was going to throw them out too.

but I ate them anyway. Next time though... :)

In one sitting? Ahem! :smile: