Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    An armed society is a polite society.

I hate this quote. Most people toting guns are rude and many are
    looking for a reason to use them. Walk around Memphis after dark.
    It's a war zone.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    Options
    How many people toting guns have you met that were rude to you? I've met many rude people and none of them carried guns. People that are rude are rude, armed of not. Please stop giving inanimant objects the power of humanity. They can not be good,bad,right,wrong. It's a piece of metal the person using it is in control not the gun.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    CottageChz wrote: »
    xschop wrote: »
    I hate UPONOR brand PEX....
    2nd pinhole near a compression fitting I've found in last couple years... Repaired with Sharkbite brand PEX. Got drywall repair to do now...

Pinholes SUCK! I can feel the hate from here.

All the copper in the houses around here is old, and probably something in the water messing it up. Pinhole leaks and the accompanying plumbing and drywall repairs like once or twice a year til you fix it all. Awful.

In copper piping, pinholes are a pain in the rear but I have found a cheap solution for when you have those hard to reach places.

I use those saddles, like for connecting an ice maker from a fridge. They are cheap, put them over the pinhole and close the valve. I have one that has been on for over 4 years with no further problems.

Zowie!
    It appears that my father has been reincarnated ;)
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    An armed society is a polite society.

I hate this quote. Most people toting guns are rude and many are
    looking for a reason to use them. Walk around Memphis after dark.
    It's a war zone.

Memphis you say.........
    https://www.facebook.com/reel/378714504536436/?s=single_unit&__cft__[0]=AZWFDuDA2-kLCOrxW7l0MdUOCHvpL8_Z0McejmYB52H7e5vJZj9O8Y0m1Log1XAzHHy96ZQvL8puGwlaAJ_4E84CMnJCjrBNzQrlMAZH5B19a3HSSNoXPZ-GKL7LShg0YPUHa8O2nI-C6bXVb1WOumt3vBtYfUMYTNIrKRQrcC64Pw&__tn__=H-R
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    Not a law abiding citizen among any of them.
  • CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 366
    edited December 2023
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    CottageChz wrote: »
    I hate UPONOR brand PEX....
    2nd pinhole near a compression fitting I've found in last couple years... Repaired with Sharkbite brand PEX. Got drywall repair to do now...

Pinholes SUCK! I can feel the hate from here.

All the copper in the houses around here is old, and probably something in the water messing it up. Pinhole leaks and the accompanying plumbing and drywall repairs like once or twice a year til you fix it all. Awful.

In copper piping, pinholes are a pain in the rear but I have found a cheap solution for when you have those hard to reach places.

I use those saddles, like for connecting an ice maker from a fridge. They are cheap, put them over the pinhole and close the valve. I have one that has been on for over 4 years with no further problems.

Typically I have to rip open drywall to get to the leak, and at that point I’d rather fix it the right way - but I’ll keep this in mind for temporary patches or maybe something really hard to reach, it’s not a bad idea in the right scenario.

What I really want is one of the copper fitting Propress machines, but they are $$$ so it’s hard to justify. Avoid paying a plumber and drywall repairs enough times and it would pay for itself, though.
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,005
    Options
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,878
    Options
    Fitted sheets, impossible to fold properly, when you wash and dry them other items get stuck in them not washing or drying them properly and fitting them on the bed. Majority of times when making the kid's bed, the sides end up on the top and bottom.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    hibos7h74ft7.jpg

I believe this was posted in the 'post a photo' thread at some point, but it seems apropos here, too.
    B)
  • ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 886
    Options
    I hate painting a room and realizing I forgot to remove the lint from the roller, and now I have to individually pick the lint off of the wall which dried in (the stuff I didn't pick off while painting) before applying the second coat. And then I realized that I did 3 walls perfectly but the fourth was a little too thin.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    I hate the search feature here.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • LisaBen
    LisaBen Posts: 9
    Options
    I hate being told I must be a bot in my first posts here. But at least I'm not a post ****.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Good to know that you're still salty about that.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    It is miserable -- so I usually just use google to search this forum. :blush:
    eb1sibw1wp5l.png
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    Yup. Me too. Much easier.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    ChrisD06 wrote: »
    I hate painting a room and realizing I forgot to remove the lint from the roller, and now I have to individually pick the lint off of the wall which dried in (the stuff I didn't pick off while painting) before applying the second coat. And then I realized that I did 3 walls perfectly but the fourth was a little too thin.

Okay the second coat seems to have made the wall look essentially flawless though there are still minor imperfections.

Ironically, it looks better than the paint job done by the contracted painters in '08 when they built the house. So I'll take that one with pride
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    Now I hate uneven subfloor seams
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    LisaBen wrote: »
    I hate being told I must be a bot in my first posts here. But at least I'm not a post ****.

Searching for snarky reply that will not get me banned.... nope, I got nuthin'.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    edited January 30
    Options

https://youtu.be/Be886Ezi30g?t=18

Hammer time!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    Now I hate uneven sub
    treitz3 wrote: »

Hammer time!

Tom

Yeah I've been going to town but I think it's just swelling on the edges or the OSB so it should be a quick and easy fix. Thankfully it doesn't look like I'll need underlayment.
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,279
    Options
    Now I hate uneven sub

Hammer time!

Tom

Yeah I've been going to town but I think it's just swelling on the edges or the OSB so it should be a quick and easy fix. Thankfully it doesn't look like I'll need underlayment.

I would use underlayment if I were doing that job, it's not that expensive and it will be a better job.
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    invalid wrote: »
    Now I hate uneven sub

Hammer time!

Tom

I would use underlayment if I were doing that job, it's not that expensive and it will be a better job.

I was going to but I managed to flatten it in about an hour with a sander, some screws, and sinking the protruding nails. Half the floor is installed and it's perfectly flat. Starting on the other half very soon.
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    Options
    6o4j9g9xu3uw.jpg
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options

I also hate the auto-correct here too. I think it taunts you.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.