Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Bad-drivers-02_04_20-GIF-02-bag_prt2b.gif?w=310

OMG! Idiots.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Leafing through the May 1963 issue of Popular Electronics (as one does...), I was amused to see this article on a now quite familiar topic. :|

9xm2en2kk28m.png
    https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-Poptronics/60s/63/Pop-1963-05.pdf
  • verb
    Northrup Grumman aborted the launch of the Cygnus rocket destined to carry supplies to the ISS, with about 5 minutes to go!
    u1491hpxcz37.png
    https://www.space.com/northrop-grumman-cygnus-ng-13-launch-abort.html
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    But, you can watch a live streamed launch of a Atlas V tonight!
    j1bcgwjee4qk.png
    https://www.space.com/17933-nasa-television-webcasts-live-space-tv.html
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    CH46E wrote: »
    From my back porch. If I had to guess I'd say maybe 10 miles from the launch pad. Pretty quite launch tonight. Did not shake much.

Very nice!
  • verb
    That is so cool to live near a launch facility. That would never get old to watch em fly! :smile:
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    I am about the same distance away and it was a fantastic night launch...
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    I am about the same distance away and it was a fantastic night launch...

Was it unusually quiet there too? I know it was a smaller Atlas but that was probably the quietest I've heard in 5 years we have been here.
  • mhardy6647
    verb wrote: »
    That is so cool to live near a launch facility. That would never get old to watch em fly! :smile:

Heck, I enjoy watchin' small aircraft & bizjets on final approach to the nearby airport just a ways west of us here.

... and, every now and then, in the spring and early summer, we get to see the mommy plane and the daddy plane, who love each other very much...

17953977378_ca203cba49_b.jpgmidair by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Back on topic: It would be cool to see big skyrockets once in a while :)
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Were they doing a mid air refuel????
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 2020
    yup.
    I always think of @George Grand (of the Jersey Grands) when I see them go over. It's usually on Thursday evenings in the early evening (near dusk) in the late spring.

wlbyhs56vea1.png
    https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2472409#Comment_2472409

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I wasn't sure where to put this, it's not a picture, and it doesn't need it's own thread.

Hewey Lewis What's in my Bag at Aomeba Music

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8tCXdx1aWw4
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 2020
    Thanks! :)
    I've got both the 'OO (soundtrack) originals; not 100% sure I need more vinyl copies (even if they might sound better) :p

The RTs, though... on it like a bonnet. Those are good rekkids and I have very, very little RT on licorice pizza (or is that pizzae?).

:)
  • verb
    9603gxub2vmg.png
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    1avh5vl14npi.png

Indonesia.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    That is beautiful Tom
  • mhardy6647
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    38ff05nxcqo2.jpg

Duuude. I want a Volvo hearse.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Well, his seed is planted. Next item on the list. Invite him to this forum so we can bankrupt help him choose wisely as he travels down his audio journey.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

This is pretty close. Wood-chipper not included.

9iwxs52g10er.jpg
  • verb
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Well, his seed is planted. Next item on the list. Invite him to this forum so we can bankrupt help him choose wisely as he travels down his audio journey.

Tom

Ha! He's recently divorced, so no cash! Which means I'll be spending my money! :smile:
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    A Pacer! An old boss had a purple one I got to drive several times. Not too bad if I recall. Lots of room. Not really a performance vehicle. Circa 1976.
  • I'll say one thing about the AMC offerings: the sheet metal on their cars was heavy duty.
    Other than that.......well......☺
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    Viking64 wrote: »

9iwxs52g10er.jpg

Now... you've gotta admit. How cool would it be to roll into the local hip, happenin' spot in a Pacer?!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474

9iwxs52g10er.jpg

Now... you've gotta admit. How cool would it be to roll into the local hip, happenin' spot in a Pacer?!

Jacked up and with mags you'll be the envy of them all....
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 2020
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

9iwxs52g10er.jpg

Jacked up and with mags you'll be the envy of them all....

Just imagine. A turbo Pacer...

EDIT: Wait. It gets better.
    We may all be on the brink of a deadly pandemic... but google "customized AMC Pacer" and just look at the wonders that are displayed in milliseconds! ;)

086aqidvkgmx.png
    dl5z2jzwv3jw.png
    zixfwdk6036e.png
    2fguv44cqslw.png
    y57g818f32el.png

To quote Paul Simon:
    These are the days of miracle and wonder