Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,481
    steveinaz wrote: »
    I have a created a safe space for those who apparently don't know how to simply ignore a post that they personally don't like. It's well padded to protect your thin skin. Hugs & kisses:
    oevg7r92n1re.jpg

Remember, only HAPPY replies to the safe space, k.

c778dzcufvdd.jpg
  • CH46E
    That's pretty cool.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    Love it.
    Attention to detail for sure. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • CH46E
    edited January 2020
    Is that HO scale?

It's like the train set in one of the Supermans where they use a tiny piece of Kryptonite to show what it will do to the model.

That model is amazingly done.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,905
    edited January 2020
    No it's not HO scale, I have forgotten what scale it is. The modern looking engines are about 18 - 20 or so inches long. They are very big model trains. The older engines are shorter.

The different settings are the story of his life. The city is downtown Dallas in the early 60's.

The drive in movie used to play "The Green Berets" with John Wayne, but since young children visit the setup they stopped showing it. He was a former Green Beret. He went to a boy's camp in Colorado and that's what the mountains represent.
    Post edited by Milito on
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • CH46E
    edited January 2020
    I wonder if it's Dallas 11-22-1963? Is there a man on the "Grassy Knoll"? That would make a precarious detail.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,905
    He didn't put that in. Most people from that time in Dallas want to forget that horrible day in Dallas as we lost a president and it was very bad for Dallas.

When the young kids come it to see it they give them a sheet of paper and they have to check off certain things they see. I took my grand kids to see it and they loved trying to find certain items besides seeing the trains operate.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • CH46E
    Milito wrote: »
    He didn't put that in. Most people from that time in Dallas want to forget that horrible day in Dallas as we lost a president and it was very bad for Dallas.

When the young kids come it to see it they give them a sheet of paper and they have to check off certain things they see. I took my grand kids to see it and they loved trying to find certain items besides seeing the trains operate.

That is 100% understandable. That's awesome that he gives the kids a checklist. What fun that must be!
  • OUTSTANDING!!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 734
    7j7vn5txom4h.jpg
    eq8moy97uxbq.jpg
    Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Ascend Acoustics Duo Center ; LSiFX Surrounds ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Monitor 7 Series 2 with RDO 198s; Rythmik F12SE

Don't cry
    Don't raise your eye
    It's only teenage wasteland
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    ^^^ wow, what a sky!

Keep an eye out for cedar and/or Bohemian waxwings in those trees...

:)

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    ^^^ wow, what a sky!

Thanks Doc! These are the first photos taken with my (new to me) Canon EOS SL2 DSLR.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    ^^^ wow, what a sky!

Usually around here it is large flocks of Robins this time of year.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    up here, it's waxwings... beautiful birds.
    Not that robins are ugly or anything...

halo wrote: »
    ^^^ wow, what a sky!

Thanks Doc! These are the first photos taken with my (new to me) Canon EOS SL2 DSLR.

Scha-weet!
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    edited January 2020
    tonyp063 wrote: »
    5u6yebly9ov1.png

Guilty as charged! :smile:

One more. Did not meet specifications - All f**d up! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,038
    Percussive maintenance is a *highly* underrated trouble-shooting tool.

Or solution.
  • CH46E
    Viking64 wrote: »
    a40q3mmg2cg8.jpg

As funny as that might be, it ain't worth felony evading!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    Only if you get caught! That dude could probably crawl faster than that cop could run.

Love the expression on his face! Priceless with that caption.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    TBT, having outrun 13 cops in my day? Radios ain't that fast. Sometimes ya' gotta think quick.

I'll take the 5th for the rest of the story...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • CH46E
    I was on I405 in Bellevue WA and got popped at 168 mph. It was Bothell WA before I realized I was busted and pulled over. Went straight to jail. Bothell has really really small jail cells. Radios were pretty fast that night.