Post a picture... any picture

1366367369371372639

Comments

  • verb
    verb Posts: 9,925
    OMG! Your hypothesis is certainly plausible! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 14,674
    aprazer402, you do construction work on older houses too? I've seen some that are a whole lot worse than that, although that one's a doozie!

    Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

    ~ I have found excellence ~

    ~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 2,435
    edited December 2019
    Appraisals, some brokerage. Will be 37 years this May. These photos are from a REO (foreclosure) last week. Just two more images of same house. Extensive cockroach infestation, all cabinets had same traps and glue boards. Basement has raw sewage on floor.
    bv26pn40zl1c.jpg
    qy8iehf8ise4.jpg

  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,673
    :s That troubles me....
  • I bet it smells wonderful in there!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 2,435
    Smells very bad. Up to a week ago there were nine people living there (tenants). With two kids age 9 and 10.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 14,674
    Oh my, that ranks right up there with some of the worst I've seen. It amazes me how some people live.....then you walk into the shower and it's full of mold and it's so black that you can't even see the white anymore. Makes me wonder, how in the hell did they clean themselves? YUCK!

    I had a reno 2 months ago where 2 bathrooms collapsed in on themselves. LOL That was a trip to see. That still wasn't as bad as that one basement photo. *shivers*

    Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

    ~ I have found excellence ~

    ~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 14,795
    edited December 2019
    Whenever I see these instances of people living like that it makes me wonder why. Have they just given up on life, or just too stupid to know better.
    Lumin X1 file player; Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

    Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

    Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,693
    New Years Mudslide. Yup, that’s how we roll. The Mrs won’t make 7 o’clock at this rate. I’ll be lucky if I make 8...

    y2bnvq2ekjbb.jpeg
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,463
    In 2001, I was unlucky enough to get a request to the do a house known as the "cat lady house."

    Owner had over 80 cats. Owner had been deceased for about a month.

    The worst house after all these years in the business. Cat urine, ****, flea's and that decomposing body smell.

    I remember to this day, the guy who was trying to buy it from the bank telling me
    "he can get the smell out" by partially removing some drywall and spraying some liquid everywhere.

    I virtually used a whole can of deep woods off spray from the waste down, still covered with flea's once outside again.

    After gathering the data and interior photos, I got my backup set of clothes out of my car, walked 2-3 blocks to a convenience store, changed clothes in the bathroom, bagged them up and threw them in the dumpster outside.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,359
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    I bet it smells wonderful in there!

    Like hot Mama June wrapped in Mayo dipped bacon. Yummy
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 2,435
    edited December 2019
    oldrocker wrote: »
    In 2001, I was unlucky enough to get a request to the do a house known as the "cat lady house."

    Owner had over 80 cats. Owner had been deceased for about a month.

    The worst house after all these years in the business. Cat urine, ****, flea's and that decomposing body smell.

    I remember to this day, the guy who was trying to buy it from the bank telling me
    "he can get the smell out" by partially removing some drywall and spraying some liquid everywhere.

    I virtually used a whole can of deep woods off spray from the waste down, still covered with flea's once outside again.

    After gathering the data and interior photos, I got my backup set of clothes out of my car, walked 2-3 blocks to a convenience store, changed clothes in the bathroom, bagged them up and threw them in the dumpster outside.

    I've seen a lot over the years. Many dead & live animals. But thankfully never a dead body, they had been removed before I arrived. Several suicides, murders... I agree that fleas are probably the biggest pests! You don't really know they're around until it's too late, you're covered with 'em. I've disrobed more than once. Pain to get them out of your car, you have to use an aerosol bomb if really bad.
    Post edited by aprazer402 on
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 14,674
    You aren't the only one that has disrobed. I HATE fleas. I have something illegal for me to have (got it from one of my contacts) but it works great. I keep it in the trunk of my truck for such "special" occasions.

    Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

    ~ I have found excellence ~

    ~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 2,435
    Sometime you would like to say this is the best answer. But you can't.
    x578aoguacqq.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 19,509
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    Smells very bad. Up to a week ago there were nine people living there (tenants). With two kids age 9 and 10.

    OMG!!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,362
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Whenever I see these instances of people living like that it makes me wonder why. Have they just given up on life, or just too stupid to know better.

    Maybe both Bud. I think in most these cases, the rent is low because of these conditions that the slum lords never want to fix. Some can't afford anything else, others may use it as a crack house, but to have kids in there is just plain child abuse in my opinion. Frickin' disgusting.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

    Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

    Kitchen

    Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,693
    #2. See you all next year. :D

    co6okwlp11cl.jpeg
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 19,509
    mrbiron wrote: »
    #2. See you all next year. :D

    co6okwlp11cl.jpeg

    Weight watchers milk shake?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 23,065
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Statement V2 cartridge and Origin Conqueror Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

    “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell

    “If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 2,435
    mrbiron wrote: »
    #2. See you all next year. :D

    co6okwlp11cl.jpeg

    Leftover booze from the wedding? Enjoy!
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 2,435
    joecoulson wrote: »
    3mpit2dl4ys1.jpg

    Looks like a nice party starting. Top shelf Margarita's!
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,693
    Get muddy!

    Doing better than expected. ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 28,263
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Get muddy!

    Doing better than expected. ;)

  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 746
    edited January 2020
    WOW!!!!!!! That has to be a form of child abuse!! How sad!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,988
    From another thread
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I have to say that xkcd page is something completely different. Still laughing at this (and will definitely be using, hehe):
    jdbb6pu3scc1.png
    Study: Roon * ProJect Stream Box Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354
    Audio: PS Audio DirectStream Jr. * Belles 20a * Pass Aleph 30 - Zu Omen DW * Sunfire Sig II - Polk SRS 2.3tl * PSAudio PP3 * MIT S3
    Den: Sonore ultraRendu * Cary xCiter * Dayens Menuetto * KEF LS50
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,463
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    oldrocker wrote: »
    In 2001, I was unlucky enough to get a request to the do a house known as the "cat lady house."

    Owner had over 80 cats. Owner had been deceased for about a month.

    The worst house after all these years in the business. Cat urine, ****, flea's and that decomposing body smell.

    I remember to this day, the guy who was trying to buy it from the bank telling me
    "he can get the smell out" by partially removing some drywall and spraying some liquid everywhere.

    I virtually used a whole can of deep woods off spray from the waste down, still covered with flea's once outside again.

    After gathering the data and interior photos, I got my backup set of clothes out of my car, walked 2-3 blocks to a convenience store, changed clothes in the bathroom, bagged them up and threw them in the dumpster outside.

    I've seen a lot over the years. Many dead & live animals. But thankfully never a dead body, they had been removed before I arrived. Several suicides, murders... I agree that fleas are probably the biggest pests! You don't really know they're around until it's too late, you're covered with 'em. I've disrobed more than once. Pain to get them out of your car, you have to use an aerosol bomb if really bad.

    Wow, F,e,C,e,S is censored?

    The remains and the cats had already been removed.

    House had been sealed up for weeks by the time I was called in.