Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    Hehe....these conversations are usually told in person with only trusted friends. There was a time when I was....shall we say, a "bad boy".

Most of them were me blowing by a radar trap at 120 mph or more in my old TA.

That's the last I'll say about THAT!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,481
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Hehe....these conversations are usually told in person with only trusted friends. There was a time when I was....shall we say, a "bad boy".

Tom

455 Super Duty? That's what I had transplanted into my 68 LeMans.
  • treitz3
    There are a few on this forum that know some of the stories...

Ah, to be a kid again...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • CH46E
    treitz3 wrote: »

Tom

Remember how that TA front end would float at that speed. My LeMans was kinda scary but so smooth and like a wave motion at those speeds. With drum brakes at all 4 corners to boot.

God I was stupid! Lucky to be alive.
  • treitz3
    Mine was the 403 Olds engine, automatic. Yes, lucky to be alive is very true. My mom always says that I'm like a cat. I have 13 lives and I've lived all 19 of them

Tom
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    CH46E wrote: »
    I was on I405 in Bellevue WA and got popped at 168 mph. It was Bothell WA before I realized I was busted and pulled over. Went straight to jail. Bothell has really really small jail cells. Radios were pretty fast that night.

Wait! Aren't you a cop?! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • CH46E
    Federal. US Customs. All charges were downgraded to misdemeanor charges. All this was before my career with the Gov began. Questions were asked about it on my initial background investigation.
  • verb
    @Viking64 Is that you Jimmy? Back in the day? :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    CH46E wrote: »
    Federal. US Customs. All charges were downgraded to misdemeanor charges. All this was before my career with the Gov began. Questions were asked about it on my initial background investigation.

Cool. Thanks again for your service brother!
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    edited January 2020
    verb wrote: »

1) Using that stupid mention feature.

2) Calling me "Jimmy".

3) Using that phrase "back in the day".

How can you commit such evil in such a short post? :o
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • verb
    edited January 2020
    Viking64 wrote: »

1) Using that stupid mention feature.

2) Calling me "Jimmy".

3) Using that phrase "back in the day".

How can you commit such evil in such a short post? :o

Love ya! :smile:
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,076

For reference if anyone needs just a one page list of SDA drivers...

970qak7l6vvw.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    edited January 2020

Indubitably. Sure looks like the picture was taken in Vermont.

:|

in other internet news -- I was readin' a thread Someplace Else bemoaning how quickly modern TVs fail (usually, like, a week after their warranties expire). Someone commented on the aforementioned thread how well the Toshiba (CRT) TVs of the "80s and 90s" held up... and it got me to thinkin' Yeah, I knew that.

This is our TV. I believe it dates back to 1983 -- it was a hand me down from my parents, and they were the kind of people who ran their TV(s) for hours a day (whether anyone was watching or not). Now, we don't watch much TV, but this ol' blighter. Just. Works.

2fxnsw1hsewi.png
    6z8q201z3xxr.png

I will say that it has been repaired once. It had issues when my father gave it to us; IIRC it had a bad horizontal output transistor. He was a retired TV repairman but just didn't feel like dealing with it. I brought it up to MA from MD, took it to a local (!) TV repair place in Littleton, MA (that lasted up into the early 21st Century before they threw in the towel) and got it fixed for about $100. That would've been in the late 1990s.

In full disclosure, we do have a little flat-panel LED TV in the bedroom which we sometimes use to watch the news. I found that one on the side of the road and figured I'd take a chance on it, so I picked it up -- and got lucky. It works fine.

• CH46E
    edited January 2020
    F22 painting the sky!
    8jv5uegg9gtt.png

Looks like Freedom's vajajay. Get Some AF. OoohRah!
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,437
    F22 painting the sky!
    8jv5uegg9gtt.png

https://youtu.be/z4O8RVsbuDA BNAS. Blue Angel's Air Show. cant remember year
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,437
    I took that video. It was hot & sunny that day. I lost track of jet as the sun was in my eyes. I was shocked to watch it after to see it came out pretty good on a cellphone
    Randy/Maine
  • verb
    So I stumbled upon this website. Owned by Peter Jackson (LOTR fame) and others. His company exactly reproduces vintage WW1 aircraft! Wow! Apart from the headlines on the homepage (former production manager found guilty of fraud), take a look at some of the projects and videos! :smile:
    https://thevintageaviator.co.nz/
    apr1v2npb0l9.png
  • verb
    edited January 2020
    boston1450 wrote: »
    I took that video. It was hot & sunny that day. I lost track of jet as the sun was in my eyes. I was shocked to watch it after to see it came out pretty good on a cellphone

Very cool! Love how they turn on the gas and go vertical! :smile:
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    wzpznobchucu.png
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,664
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Looky what Mrs. H got me for
    my birthday
    Christmas
    The middle of January!

:)

I guess shipping was delayed.

5aocosw3nqub.jpg

The SACD was just released. The LP came out in December and sounds great.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    F1nut wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Looky what Mrs. H got me for
    my birthday
    Christmas
    The middle of January!

:)

I guess shipping was delayed.

5aocosw3nqub.jpg

The SACD was just released. The LP came out in December and sounds great.

I will find out soon vis-a-vis the SACD...