Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    edited January 2020
    We had the best weather last year for turning our trees, bushes and vines into their best colors or blooms.
    This pic. was from under my J. Maple behind our porch.
    ypv9xl3h5lrr.png
    pm0r64mfewrw.png

Another J. Maple in the yard.
    rjatpwe4vk4g.png

Mother Nature is Beautiful if we look around for her. I was just thinking...She can be a B***h too with Tornados and Hurricanes and flooding etc. :s

We've also had a flurry of Hawks and Owls hanging around here since we have and feed a bunch of squirrels here. A neighbor told me they saw a Huge Hawk sitting on our front porch railing a week or so ago. They thought it was SO COOL to see one so close-up. I spotted an Owl in their back yard a week ago and went over and told them to go look out in their back yard tree. It was a Huge Bard Owl.

My wife got a picture of it THE NEXT MORNING. It stayed here overnight. :DB)
    I'll post it when I get it. ;)
    Post edited by Tony M on
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    vb4bo77vkjvo.png

Go ahead, pet the cute little baby bear. Would you rather eat the chip in....?

fvklc3vd43b1.png

I dunno man....that's a hard choice. LOL

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,481
    edited January 2020
    It's still sitting on the shelf.
  • Tony M
    from the web...
    fdm2385wgvyo.png
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Looks like a pile of junk. Probably sounds like it too. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    edited January 2020
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Looks like a pile of junk. Probably sounds like it too. :)

Acutally, maybe not quite as bad as the "Heritage" Klipsch designs -- which were/are pretty painful (literally) to listen to without a lot of work :|
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,481
    edited January 2020
    5szm4xbmzjg0.jpg
    So many choices! What to do????
  • Muchieman
    Muchieman Posts: 204
    CH46E wrote: »
    5szm4xbmzjg0.jpg
    So many choices! What to do????

lol start with the Smallest and work your way up

• mhardy6647
    edited January 2020
    OleBoot wrote: »

I am chagrined*. :(
    ... and you are verbing. ;) (Actually, I am not sure what part of speech that is, maybe it is still a noun...)

meanwhile -- still elsewhere on the interwebs...

4td91t9vbuco.png

Did we do this one already, too? :#
    I need to fabricate one of those for my tool box.

• mhardy6647
    Come to think of it, Harbor Freight probably sells 'em.
    I'll have to check & see if I have a coupon.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,053
    edited January 2020
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

I am chagrined*. :(
    ... and you are verbing. ;) (Actually, I am not sure what part of speech that is, maybe it is still a noun...)
    It would make no sense if it was a noun or an adjective, so, yes, I am verbing. As verbing is itself verbing, I think a better word would have been verbizing. Although anything's better than denominalization.
    * I'll blame old age and deteriorated short term memory, in my case. :|
    I sometimes find it quite upsetting that I am now of an age where I can very credibly pull off that excuse.
    Come to think of it, Harbor Freight probably sells 'em.
    I'll have to check & see if I have a coupon.
    Everybody has at least one Harbor Freight coupon somewhere. The problem is finding an unexpired one. I would imagine, however, that the pictured electrics would probably be given away free with an order over 99c if you didn't choose the free flashlight.
  • Tony M
    I get a sales flyer from HF every month it seems. ;)
  • mhardy6647
    me too... and they pull me in, hook, line and sinker. :p

We are getting a pretty good collection of the free flashlights. They do come in handy. I keep one stuck to a metal shelf unit out in the garage, e.g.
    OleBoot wrote: »
    It would make no sense if it was a noun or an adjective, so, yes, I am verbing. As verbing is itself verbing, I think a better word would have been verbizing. Although anything's better than denominalization.
    Well, yes -- I'd agree with you.
    Nominally.

:*

b5eid2cmm94j.png

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    I get a lot of solar lights & some tools there. I take advantage of the discount & coupons. It's good I travel because they seem to be out of the color of solar lights I like. So I visit many of stores on the way. Yes I have a fetish for solar lights.
    Randy/Maine
  • mhardy6647
    A Harbor Freight is opening this weekend in the little VA town where our son lives & teaches. :)

We've got one 30 minutes away.

I do enjoy prowling the aisles.
    I am anywhere between satisfied and happy with every purchase I've made there to date -- having no illusions as to the quality (or lack of same) of some of the products... but some (maybe even many!) of them offer good value. And they sell stuff -- locally -- that's hard, or impossible, to find otherwise.
  • mhardy6647
    meanwhile, still elsewhere on the interwebs, research continues tirelessly.

3gz3muyjflq0.png
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I like verbing! :smile:
    qqaz9idaaa7l.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    verb wrote: »
    I like verbing! :smile:

We'll have noun of that!
  • treitz3
    CH46E, your last two posts on this thread are a good way for Polk Corporate to show you the door on the way out. Permanently.

I would advise knocking it off.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    mval50w4tzj2.jpg
    I drew this of our new dog Harvey. I think I captured his essence. He is a bit of a dolt...lol.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    deronb1 wrote: »
    I drew this of our new dog Harvey. I think I captured his essence. He is a bit of a dolt...lol.

I can't wait to see the tattoo! :o:p
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Nice work here:

A piano built in 1888 by the Blasius & Sons Piano Company in Philadelphia.

qa91eyjsa74a.png
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • treitz3
    that's a little overkill but still stunning. I'm quite sure that it looks much better in person.

Tom