What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• Moved the 705s out about another foot and a half each from center and another foot out from the wall. Sounds amazing! Wish it was practical to leave them here.
  • I Installed transparent reference mm2 biwires and reference balanced xl's to the oppo105 to sunfire sig 405x5 crs4.1tl's <3 wow
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Check your power, as you should not have needed the first one.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Derm
    Derm Posts: 95
    edited September 2019
    verb wrote: »
    Nearly finished the garage attic flooring, but took a respite to move all the empty boxes tucked all throughout the basement and put em up there!

Very happy that I was able to clear up some space in the basement, and of course the WAF was high!

And the MC300 box is so huge, it wouldn't fit in the same corner! :)

What did you do for access to the attic?
    An opening with a removable panel or did you install the drop down staircase?

Sorry for the derail

Speakers
    Front - LsiM707, Front presence - LsiM703, Future ATMOS - VS 700LS
    Center - LsiM706c, Rear surrounds - 80 F/X LS, VS 900LS. Sub - (pair) Klipsch R-12SW
    AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
    AMP - NAD C275BEE
    Main HT - LG 4K 75”, Sony UBXP800M2
    Bedroom HT - LG 55" 4K, Philips BDP7501 4K UHD player , Yamaha SRT-1500 sound projector, Spare room HT LG 50” plasma, Yamaha BD-671
    Office - Pioneer X-CM56, Bose iPod dock
    In Storage - 4 - RTiA9, RtiA3, CSiA6, FXiA4, Blackstone TL1

The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    edited September 2019
    Drop down staircase a few years back!
    5161uzz3cw33.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Derm
    Derm Posts: 95
    Thanks for the pictures. Looks great.
    I am doing the same thing to my detached garage to create a storage space for the electronics boxes, Christmas trees, etc.
    I am using t&g osb instead of plywood for the floor.
    The drop down ladder access is the way to go but it isn’t insulated.
    I have a heat pump and propane garage heater for mine for year round comfort so insulated access is preferred.

My plan is to move a Technics AVR (late 90’s vintage that I bought brand new) out there with the RTiA3 bookies plus a blu ray player. I can use the AVR tuner, play music cd’s, and watch movies along with 50” flat panel TV.

I don’t see a garage system in your sig. what do you have in yours?
    Speakers
    Front - LsiM707, Front presence - LsiM703, Future ATMOS - VS 700LS
    Center - LsiM706c, Rear surrounds - 80 F/X LS, VS 900LS. Sub - (pair) Klipsch R-12SW
    AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
    AMP - NAD C275BEE
    Main HT - LG 4K 75”, Sony UBXP800M2
    Bedroom HT - LG 55" 4K, Philips BDP7501 4K UHD player , Yamaha SRT-1500 sound projector, Spare room HT LG 50” plasma, Yamaha BD-671
    Office - Pioneer X-CM56, Bose iPod dock
    In Storage - 4 - RTiA9, RtiA3, CSiA6, FXiA4, Blackstone TL1

The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
  • verb
    Derm wrote: »
    Thanks for the pictures. Looks great.
    I am doing the same thing to my detached garage to create a storage space for the electronics boxes, Christmas trees, etc.
    I am using t&g osb instead of plywood for the floor.
    The drop down ladder access is the way to go but it isn’t insulated.
    I have a heat pump and propane garage heater for mine for year round comfort so insulated access is preferred.

My plan is to move a Technics AVR (late 90’s vintage that I bought brand new) out there with the RTiA3 bookies plus a blu ray player. I can use the AVR tuner, play music cd’s, and watch movies along with 50” flat panel TV.

I don’t see a garage system in your sig. what do you have in yours?

Not yet! Right now just running a Polk Camden Square. Streaming via BT. For shame! :) But, got plans. And plenty of extra pieces of equipment! :)

But, that's not all! We're going forward with a 2nd garage. And, it will be setup for audio! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb wrote: »
    Drop down staircase a few years back!
    5161uzz3cw33.png

More thread derailing! How hard is it to do this? Or did you hire a contractor. I miss storing stuff in the attic and I keep passively thinking about looking into the drop down. I'm probably capable of doing it myself, but I certainly prefer having someone who really knows what they are doing... aka I'm hesitant and lazy.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • verb
    Pretty straightforward. The ladder is completely assembled, including the wood frame. They’re designed to fit in between normal rafter spacing too. The hardest part is working at the ceiling height. I wound up making temporary scaffolding to work at that height and prop it up in place while securing it. :smile:
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Dave, why am I not surprised to see a group of tall studs in your garage? :o
  • verb
    Viking64 wrote: »

All gone now. Except of course the one who took the pic! :)
  • Viking64

Well, throw that one out too. It's a little "bent" and "twisted". :p
  • verb

Hey wood is wood! :)
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited September 2019
    It's great for a snack, it fits on your back, it's log log log! It's log, it's log, it's big it's heavy it's wood. It's better than bad it's good. Log! From Blamo!
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Viking64

Hey wood is wood! :)

Just always remember to wrap it!

p3vhp0mbcc4i.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    ^ a roofer's nightmare (and, perhaps, the owner's nightmare, too, after a few years...)

:|
  • verb
    Well all I can say it’s good to have back up equipment! :smile: Had to put the VTL back into the main rig, as the Cary blew a fuse again today. Ugh.

Time to send it in for service. Maybe while I’m at it, go for the ultimate upgrade.
    g1o5ozfwmrkc.jpeg
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Probably blowing fuses because that rack isn't spiked.
  • I swapped out speaker cables. I replaced my Zu Libtecs with a pair of Anti Cables level 3. Running my Nola's, or Hornshoppe's the AC's sound wonderful. Not so with the Chartwells. The sound became very bloated in the low end,really fat and woolly. A quick change back to the Libtecs,and all is right with the world.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • verb
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Probably blowing fuses because that rack isn't spiked.

I knew that was coming! :smile:
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,494
    Dropped the Marantz UD7007 into the 2 channel to spin silver discs
    just cuz' I never have. Analog out using the HDAM technology is like
    having a optional filter on my DAC. If I want to smooth over some crappy
    sounding disc...
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited September 2019
    Well I finally got to the last of my wiring harness from binding post plate to XO. Custom binding post plate made by a very talented metalsmith from our own forum right here. I was very happy with the out come he is a very busy man and the timing clicked for both of us.
    Also new Cardas silver with gold cap binding post's. Wire is DH labs 14ga ohno cast copper with silver. Sweet stuff!
    I also FINALLY found the time to take out the 800va torrid and make cables for the 1000va torrid that had been sitting staring me in the face for 6-8 months. Man my room is just audio blissful now all updates done new to me Aragon 4004mkii to go with it all.
    I must apologize for not taking photos of the binding post plates before i resat the speakers in place. I was too happy to be done and wanted to hear them :p

q4gq24hpam85.jpg

kcqb4dpnsm2r.jpg

1cdmmded98i2.jpg

03h2d7snu2oq.jpg

rs4t88pasbh8.jpg

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Good job. Enjoy.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    That Adcom is a monster
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pitdogg2
    edited September 2019
    Nightfall wrote: »
    That Adcom is a monster

Yes it is a nice amp and I do like it but the Aragon kicks it's rear end.
    Thanks Josh
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Kinda figured you'd say that! Bare bones review but I'll take it...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • pitdogg2
    edited September 2019
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Kinda figured you'd say that! Bare bones review but I'll take it...

Ok how about this one.

On another note I have been super impressed with this Aragon 4004mkii. It just spanks the Adcom 5802's azz. It is super dynamic, bass, guitar, piano and drum's and especially the sticks on cymbals and the band are just very very in the room life like. You can tell whether the drum stick is hitting the cymbal with the tip or side of the stick. NOW the one thing that is not better than the 5802 is that with nothing playing there is a shhhh slightly coming through the speakers but not hearable at the listening seat where the 5802 is DEAD silent in that respect. But the Aragon still does have a black background.
    The Adcom I feel is no slouch it is just not as dynamic whether it needs a complete rebuild to achieve this I cannot say. This Aragon is 200 wpc and doubles down to 1ohm and stable at that. The Adcom is 300@8ohm and 450@4ohm but cannot do anything lower for any length of time. The Aragon never gets hot the Adcom runs VERY hot at idle biased high into class A ( I believe) and gets hotter that is the problem.
    Brain at hoppes brain said the heat just cooks the caps on the board and then you start loosing bass response. My Adcom 5802 still has bass and is a very smooth amp it just doesn't have the dynamics the Aragon has and just excel's at.

Ok my mini review best 500.00 I've spent
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Too many words, and poor formatting, but it appears you really like the Aragon. Congratulations :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.