What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    If it wan't for Radio Shack I would have never got into audio. For most of us poor suckers it was the BEST we could afford at the time.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    edited October 2019
    I hear you on that.

The upside of R/S was that they were everywhere.
    The downside was that, except when on sale, their hifi components were very high priced for what they were.

In B-more, we had "Stereo Discounters" who sold slightly better stuff (Pioneer, Kenwood, Marantz, etc. -- the usual suspects) at substantially lower prices, watt for watt (which was pretty much all we cared about in those days).

Fortunately, we also places like Soundscape who sold good stuff at all price points.

I still have every component I bought from Soundscape for my first 'real' stereo hifi in the 1970s, it all still works well -- and -- it all still sounds very good.

But I digress.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,481
    edited October 2019
    Found a new use for the old RM-7500’s... Atmos Speakers for the big SDA’s! I haven’t heard them yet in this role, but I thought why not give it a try.

7bihottcu57p.jpg

Nice, should work fine. I like my RM 7500. Such a versatile decent sounding speaker. And they look great. I have mine for rear surround and front height. I have a tall room and disconnected my Yamaha in ceiling Atmos speakers and went back to the Polks for front height. Really opens the front of the room up.

p8rq4pq8yy07.jpg

I've actually had these RM7500 with the center longer than any other speaker I've owned. Cent just sits in the closet.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    I like the center for use with the SDA. Really a nice blend.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • CH46E
    I like the center for use with the SDA. Really a nice blend.

I upgraded to the lsim 704c.
  • nooshinjohn
    I don’t have the space for it, but I am looking at a Sunfire CRM center....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,080
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I really, truly would take pretty much any nonzero offer.

I find that line hilarious 😆… I’m just weird that way 🧐
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • nooshinjohn
    I ran MCCAC Pro today and got everything trimmed out for HT. I am impressed with the Atmos feature, and pleased these old Polks seem to be well suited for the task. I watched a bit of Avengers-Endgame tonight and the sound was amazing.

• CH46E
    I ran MCCAC Pro today and got everything trimmed out for HT. I am impressed with the Atmos feature, and pleased these old Polks seem to be well suited for the task. I watched a bit of Avengers-Endgame tonight and the sound was amazing.

I kind of wish I had stuck with Pioneer And MCCAC. I like my Yamaha but feel the YPOA is not as good as the MCCAC. Glad you are enjoying it!
  • sbb2112
    sbb2112 Posts: 134
    kdld3w6fuwcu.jpg
    Main System
    Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Marantz MM7025 Amp rear surrounds
    McIntosh MC7205 Amp center, ceiling and mid surrounds
    McIntosh MC300 Amp front mains
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS with VR3 monastery crossovers
    Polk FX1000 Mid surrounds
    Klipsch RP-440C Center channel
    Klipsch RP-15M Rear surrounds
    SVS prime elevation ceiling surrounds
    Rythmik F15HP sub
    Samsung 8500 curved screen 65" LED 4K
    Mac Mini Server

Office System
    Musical Fidelity M6s dac/preamp
    Oppo 103D Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS 2
    Parasound HCA-1500A
    Polk PSW 650 sub
    Microrendu
    Roku Ultra
    Mac Mini Server
  • sbb2112
    fo55ku6d4w3q.jpg
    Main System
    Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Rythmik F15HP sub
    Mac Mini Server

Office System
    Oppo 103D Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS 2
    Parasound HCA-1500A
    Polk PSW 650 sub
    Microrendu
    Roku Ultra
    Mac Mini Server
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,124
    sbb2112 wrote: »
    fo55ku6d4w3q.jpg
    Quit teasing!
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • pitdogg2
    sbb2112 wrote: »
    fo55ku6d4w3q.jpg
    Quit teasing!

He's not that is the newest carbon infused sound disorber cloth.
  • sbb2112
    ypgiec6ecm56.jpg
    My mac had some issues and I had been looking for a real dac. I've only a couple hours on it but wow!
    Main System
    Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Rythmik F15HP sub
    Mac Mini Server

Office System
    Oppo 103D Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS 2
    Parasound HCA-1500A
    Polk PSW 650 sub
    Microrendu
    Roku Ultra
    Mac Mini Server
  • sbb2112
    Main System
    Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Rythmik F15HP sub
    Mac Mini Server

Office System
    Oppo 103D Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS 2
    Parasound HCA-1500A
    Polk PSW 650 sub
    Microrendu
    Roku Ultra
    Mac Mini Server
  • sbb2112
    Whole new level for me. The other 2 dacs I have sounded good on the rig but I didn’t have the urge to just sit and listen like this. Interesting feature with the upscaling. I am using the rig as shown with the mf as preamp. Will do some more listening tomorrow. It is in my office and unfortunately work is calling.
    Main System
    Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Rythmik F15HP sub
    Mac Mini Server

Office System
    Oppo 103D Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS 2
    Parasound HCA-1500A
    Polk PSW 650 sub
    Microrendu
    Roku Ultra
    Mac Mini Server
  • You weren't teasing!!

Oh yes, the Musical Fidelity sound is wonderful. I'm thankful for dreadnoughts.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • pitdogg2
    edited October 2019
    Dang I need to step up my game....
    I just have a cardboard box 4 rows deep. That is a fine box Dave.

tcraa3l1xq51.jpg

cfszsuzrbl25.jpg
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Quite the stash you got there Ivan! Love it! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    I have my 'good' tubes in a shoe box. Mostly.
    Some are just... you know... around.
    The plinkers are in my father's TV serviceperson-sized tube caddy. :)

So, @Verb, do you have any 6SN7s besides those EH things? :#
  • GlennDog
    edited October 2019

ahem .... If I may, they are en route
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • verb
    I have my 'good' tubes in a shoe box. Mostly.
    Some are just... you know... around.
    The plinkers are in my father's TV serviceperson-sized tube caddy. :)

Just the Sophia's doc! Was a happy camper, well, ignorance is bliss, until all the drama with the Cary! Now that she is up and running again, it is time. Rabbit hole! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    GlennDog wrote: »

ahem .... If I may, they are en route

Kentucky Radio pair, just a pair. Need some more! :smile:
  • GlennDog
    verb wrote: »
    Need some more! :smile:

the cavern is deep, my friend 😳
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Need some more! :smile:

the cavern is deep, my friend 😳

I have a Tube Drawer. As you can tell, I'm a sick man :#

stxagsf5pd7p.jpeg

zbl1wa7sy3nj.jpeg

• verb
    I'm such a newbie! :)
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630

You need to forget about tubes and focus more on tube socks.

Here....I found these for you. A perfect fit. :p

a4bul8mvue0l.jpg
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314

I'm powerless over the addiction.