What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Lol Vic! Yeah, my plan is to eventually move the door! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Oh and another thing, before @Clipdat swoops in, I moved his Rotel CD player that was idle on top of the rack to the living room! :)
    e26ekgvzs7kr.jpeg
    She’s gone! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Having fun in the basement for sure. My old listening chair has been supplanted with a more comfortable one near the secondary rig! :)
    Oldie but goodie:
    t88h3bh9adjz.jpeg
    New chair. Gotta work on placement a bit! :)
    2vzzhysstav4.jpeg
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Ok Dave. Please bring both of those Mac’s with you when you come. Thanks.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited August 2019
    Pulled out the 800VA Dreadnaught and rolled in a new (recently acquired from stainless0steel2) 1000VA in its place.

I really didn't think there would be THAT much difference in the SDA's performance with the 1000VA in place of the 800VA, but dang, was I wrong.

As someone stated before, "The 1000VA is like installing a new piece of gear."

The new CHUNK of Iron in its place, ready to get busy.

8vvfgqoyzxok.jpg

Post edited by Mike Reeter on
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    apostasy...

48624428292_7257b07616_b.jpgDSC_6484 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

48623930458_01fe34b9a6_b.jpgDSC_6497 (4) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

:#

Clearly those have giant Altec horns and compression drivers hidden behind those Elac grilles...right? RIGHT??!!? COME ON DOC!!! GIVE IT TO ME STRAIGHT!! I can take it!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    apostasy...

I have to look up what a word means every other time you post. I'm not a complete moron (possibly debatable) but you easily make me second guess that. :|
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    It's a word I love, because it's a cool concept. Heck, REM had a song about it.
    ;)

So, there's a story behind my apostate (apostatic?) behavior :)
    All will become clear anon.

• verb
    Day 2 with the other MC300. No issues. :)
    indlp7wjliog.jpeg
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Love that stack of gear Dave.
    Gotta consolidate that remote crowd.
  • verb
    joecoulson wrote: »

Thanks Joe! Agree on the remotes! :)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Got my rig back up and running after a massive hard drive failure, and sorted through 2900 LP's looking for lost files. I rebuilt what I could, but ended up losing many.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    verb wrote: »
    joecoulson wrote: »

Thanks Joe! Agree on the remotes! :)

Just got the Logitech 665, don't know why I waited so long. ;)
  • TheKid
    TheKid Posts: 22
    Brought all of my speakers out about 3’ from the back wall then played some Leo Kottke and remembered why my LS3/6’s sound so good with Acoustic music....
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    I pulled them out from the rear wall another 4 inches.
  • mhardy6647
    ^^^ scha-weet.
  • mhardy6647 wrote: »
    ^^^ scha-weet.

Thanks! Now I understand all the hoopla with these. They sound simply gorgeous in my small listening room. Truely addictive. Crack for my ears!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • mhardy6647
    what are you driving them with?
  • Right now a First Watt F5,and an Aric Audio Unlimited tube pre. At some point I will hook up a pair of Monarchy Audio SM70mkII's. I had my Spendor S3/5's driven by the Monarchy's with great results,so I'm expecting the same with Chartwells.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • verb
    edited September 2019
    Well this is a first for me. After a day finishing up the garage attic flooring, sweating my arse off, decided to go into the basement and fire up the big rig.

The Cary SLP-05 won't power up. Jeez. So I unplugged it, popped out the fuses, and whoa, a blown fuse!

Of course I have a ton of fuses, but no T1AL (6mm x 30mm) 1A slo-blo! Dang. Reference pic:

v8u7tu7sxz6a.png

Just placed an order from Amazon! Should be here tomorrow! :)
  • dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    verb wrote: »
    Well this is a first for me. After a day finishing up the garage attic flooring, sweating my arse off, decided to go into the basement and fire up the big rig.

The Cary SLP-05 won't power up. Jeez. So I unplugged it, popped out the fuses, and whoa, a blown fuse!

Of course I a ton of fuses, but no T1AL (6mm x 30mm) 1A slo-blo! Dang. Reference pic:

v8u7tu7sxz6a.png

Just placed an order from Amazon! Should be here tomorrow! :)

Easy fix but that really blows.
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • mhardy6647
    We will hope it was an idiopathic fuse blowing event :p

(i.e., not one caused by some downstream malfunction)

@verb, you'll find out! :|
  • verb
    We will hope it was an idiopathic fuse blowing event :p

(i.e., not one caused by some downstream malfunction)

@verb, you'll find out! :|

Making me nervous Doc! :)
  • mhardy6647
    Today's innovation -- "we're" making an air check of the season's first new --episode of NPR's Says You! -- a taping which we attended a couple of months ago in Colchester, VT.

:)

48315058191_d142d4dfd1_b.jpgDSC_5910 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Not an actual, real-time photo -- in fact, it looks like both the tuner & tape deck are off in this picture... but at least they're there. :)
  • verb
    Nearly finished the garage attic flooring, but took a respite to move all the empty boxes tucked all throughout the basement and put em up there!

Very happy that I was able to clear up some space in the basement, and of course the WAF was high!
    n427qf902q26.png
    And the MC300 box is so huge, it wouldn't fit in the same corner! :)
    nsqcqvwqg3ms.png
  • verb
    edited September 2019
    I must now place a shout out to @FestYboy whom you may recall, retrieved my original shipping box for the failed transaction on an earlier MC300. This was the 220v version that I backed out on, after already transferring funds to the seller.

He graciously helped me by retrieving the shipping box (which as you can see is huge) and has not once mentioned "when am I going to get this monstrosity out of my house?" :)

Dear Arty - I am now ready for you! I'll send you a PM shortly! :)