Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    edited August 2019
    Ordered on Amazon...

Don't see any vinyl....
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    edited August 2019
    45 bucks and not SACD....

I'm good I'll buy it used in a few months for pennies on the dollar...
    I'm sorry guys I'm a big Tool fan but let's be real here.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Not that big of a fan it may seem my brother :(

I’ll be cranking this up later on the big rig.

mgls5jpfqisy.png
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,124
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Ordered on Amazon...

Don't see any vinyl....
    Don't see any vinyl... yet. Still possible it's coming down the road.
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    45 bucks and not SACD....

I'm good I'll buy it used in a few months for pennies on the dollar...
    I'm sorry guys I'm a big Tool fan but let's be real here.
    Honestly, it's understandable. This initial offering is largely buying into very excessive packaging. They are clearly going for the Best Recording Package Grammy here. Plus each album has received more elaborate packaging, so they had to go big.

But yeah, it's steep for a CD. I can't blame anyone for not getting it.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • I definitely had to order it.
    The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors
  • dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    joecoulson wrote: »
    And most likely Amazon's final price (when shipped) will come down to meet the discounters like Bull Moose (it says on my order that it will likely reduce in price)

I think that only applies to price drops on Amazon, not a price match across all competitors.
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited August 2019
    I couldn't resist any longer. I listened to it in my car on the way to work on an epic stock 1995 Honda Civic stereo, cream of the crop equipment and listening environment. Can't wait to get home and listen to it for real on the tube pre and Dynaudios now.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pitdogg2
    edited August 2019
    dr1978 wrote: »
    And most likely Amazon's final price (when shipped) will come down to meet the discounters like Bull Moose (it says on my order that it will likely reduce in price)

I think that only applies to price drops on Amazon, not a price match across all competitors.

Yea I've played that game with Amazon and yes they did refund a few dollars back in the end because they got a cheaper price.

I no longer have an Amazon account that is why I asked if there was other places.

No biggie I'll get it at some point I've waited 13 years another year will not kill me.

• displayname
    Update on vinyl: local shop said its coming later, Fall 2019 is the only detail so far.
    Discogs
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Ordered mine off Bull Moose I always order of Bull Moose if I can. I got a road Trip coming up on the 30th hope its here by then if not it will wait.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Nightfall
    edited August 2019
    Here's a copy signed by Alex Grey (The guy that does the art for Tool) himself. Sold out, sorry

https://shop.cosm.org/products/fear-inoculum?_pos=1&_sid=2c5904ac3&_ss=r

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Here's a copy signed by Alex Grey (The guy that does the art for Tool) himself. Sold out, sorry

https://shop.cosm.org/products/fear-inoculum?_pos=1&_sid=2c5904ac3&_ss=r

:(
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Looking forward to all the new music!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • joecoulson
    😮!!!

Just listened to it (up loud, maxing on 95db) and all I can say is this track alone is a journey. Danny has got to be one of the top ten drummers of all time.
    The imaging is fantastic and the drums are nicely separated from the gritty riffs.
    Can’t wait to get the CD as I know it will step up a notch or two over Tidal.
    But just Daym. Great first track.
    Going for another play...
  • displayname
    😮!!!

Just listened to it (up loud, maxing on 95db) and all I can say is this track alone is a journey. Danny has got to be one of the top ten drummers of all time.
    The imaging is fantastic and the drums are nicely separated from the gritty riffs.
    Can’t wait to get the CD as I know it will step up a notch or two over Tidal.
    But just Daym. Great first track.
    Going for another play...

I totally agree with the track being a journey. I lost count of how many times I listened to it today. All the transitions make it very easy to listen to multiple times.
    Discogs
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,628
    I just listened to the title track.

z45444padd2f.png
  • Nightfall
    iekh1zjbrco2.png

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited August 2019
    I listened to the new track, the new TOOL sounds just like the old TOOL.

Or am I just being a tool?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • pitdogg2
    Well once a tool always a tool I'd suspect...

:*
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    Were you expecting rap?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Like it! Waiting until the song is over before I update. :smile:
    zt4wmdl1d7o7.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Nightfall
    edited August 2019
    There's already a boatload of scalpers trying to sell this for $80-120 claiming it's SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE in the product description. Scummy to the max, still available on Amazon.

Edit: On eBay I mean.

• verb
    I had to do some work after I got home today, in the office, Fear Inoculum on repeat. Love it! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • joecoulson
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I just listened to the title track.

z45444padd2f.png

That is because you have no taste Jimmy
  • verb
  • Nightfall
    I hope Amazon is about to drop the price $10

• verb
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I hope Amazon is about to drop the price $10

Will they adjust our purchase price?
  • verb
    Ok yeah I'm kinda caught up in the Frenzy. I admit it. The special edition seems pretty cool! :smile:

Product Highlights
    Limited Edition Tri-fold Soft Pack Video Brochure featuring: CD, 4"; HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, charging cable, 2 watt speaker & 30+ page book + MP3 download card