New TOOL

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    dr1978 wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll cash in and go the deluxe reissue route with the other ones at some point. Regarding vinyl I only have the Lateralus picture disc, I'd probably be a big enough degenerate to buy them all if they come up with something cool.

Me too. I have all of their albums on vinyl, some official some unofficial. If they released all of them officially though I'd buy all of them. I'd love a Lateralus release that's not on a noisy picture disc and I have an unofficial 10,000 Days but I'd love an official release.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall
    edited August 2019
    Here's Adam Jones saying "the special packaging version is epic". I feel like it's going to sell out instantly and I'm going to end up having to pay a scum bag scalper. There's people out there that use automated programs to near instantly buy multiple copies of stuff on the internet, it's difficult to compete.

Edit: This is someone else's screen shot. I don't wear a flat brimmed hat slightly cocked off to the side like a dou...

9he88kp6x83s.jpg

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Hopefully they will release it in high-res for download from HDTracks, or other sites.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Dang! Guess I’m staying up tomorrow night
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,124
    Pre-order on Wednesday
    I'm assuming that it will be for more than CDs and digital files if they are doing a big pre-order push.

For sure. In one of the blurbs that Maynard put out in early spring he made a brief mention of "special packaging" so I'm sure there's something on the way.

I wonder if they'll cash in and go the deluxe reissue route with the other ones at some point. Regarding vinyl I only have the Lateralus picture disc, I'd probably be a big enough degenerate to buy them all if they come up with something cool.

I'm really hoping for a deluxe vinyl issue. Ideally a box set. I've said for a long time I would be really happy to snag a vinyl box set, even if it's a price I wouldn't normally pay for other bands. Obviously I have my limits, not about to drop $500 on a box set or anything. But I would be willing to pay a reasonable premium for a high end box set.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    There are plenty of TOOL’s out there to spend that kind of coin...
  • Nightfall
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    All I know is if you shake your TOOL more than 3 times....you're playing with it

All work and no play makes Ron a dull boy.

• Nightfall
    All I know is if you shake your TOOL more than 3 times....you're playing with it

This one?

bb0b3af7d2271b061d309d0d8bc402b9.jpg

• joecoulson
    Did someone mean to say “shake weight”
  • Nightfall
    Refresh, refresh, refresh...

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    So is this pre-order stuff going down right after midnight?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • displayname
    TBD. They initially said links should be up today, but no sign yet.
    Discogs
  • Nightfall

They haven't said. I'll go to work tired as s tomorrow if I have to stay up all night refreshing though.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    Refreshing what website?...sorry if I missed it

I get up early...probably not early enough, you guys wanna run shifts
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • displayname

According to their Instagram post, "Links will be posted tomorrow, Tuesday, August 6th on our Band URL and Social Accts."
    So toolband.com or the social sites if you use those. Hard to say which ones would happen first, especially if they are using a 3rd party sale site.
    Discogs
  • Nightfall

Right now http://www.twitter.com/tool waiting for the preorder link, then switching to refreshing that one.

• dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    Link announcement at 11:59, pre-sale at 12:00?? Not counting on it, but that'd be nice. Good enough excuse to stay up and have a few beers at least.

Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • dr1978
    8am!
    u0ve83nq9uzw.jpg

Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • Nightfall
    Dang you were on top of that. They still haven't posted anything to Twatter. All of those preorder links are for digital services though.

• dr1978
    Got an Instagram notification. Time to retire that bad boy!

I'm sure there will be some additional links added tomorrow.
  • Nightfall
    edited August 2019
    That's 6AM mountain time... guess I'm getting up pretty early.

Hopefully you're right that physical releases are added before it goes live tomorrow morning. Who preorders digital files that never run out?

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited August 2019
    So we have to have a Twitter account to preorder the new Tool CD? I'm not buying CDs anymore, I will stream it on Tidal, but would buy it if it is available on Vinyl.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Nightfall
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    So we have to have a Twitter account to preorder the new Tool CD? I'm not buying CDs anymore, I will stream it on Tidal, but would buy it if it is available on Vinyl.

http://smarturl.it/TOOLFIa

• dr1978
    Ahh. At least you know when it's going down. Hopefully they released the link late enough so the scalpers can't deploy their bots.

Just have to make sure I don't have any meetings scheduled for 8!
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/a28610128/tool-band-new-album-fear-inoculum-should-never-be-released/

Here is a Tool fan not wanting a new album. Me I'm just going to try to pre order the Vinyl copy tommorow.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • joecoulson
    They will post the links on toolband.com also @gudnoyez
  • dr1978
    The link posted above by Nightfall is all we should need.
  • dr1978
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/a28610128/tool-band-new-album-fear-inoculum-should-never-be-released/

Here is a Tool fan not wanting a new album. Me I'm just going to try to pre order the Vinyl copy tommorow.

That article....just listen to the music and shut the f up